Question about maitaining braidouts?

puddin

I am on a no-heat self challenge (until September) and braidouts are my current style...here are my questions on maintaining the style...
  1. Do you re-wet/moisturize them and REBRAID them nightly?
  2. How do you keep them moiturized?
Thanks Ladies!

Last edited:
bumping, cause I've been wondering about the moisture part myself.

I did a braidout on Saturday, and my hair has had a hard time holding onto moisture this weekend, and keeping the moisture up was a challenge. Any tips ladies?

I am on a no-heat self challenge (until September) and braidouts are my current style...here are my questions on maintaining the style...
Thanks Ladies!

that's exactly what i do...lightly moisten the hair( spray with leave-in and seal with oil) and then rebraid

^^^^

I do that, I lightly moisturize and then lightly braid it. Because I don't wanna start any new patterns in my hair, so I basically braid lightly along the line/pattern.

Thanks Ladies!
Yeah, that's what I do. I don't wet mine much because they won't be dry by morning. I dampen each section a little, moisturize, seal with oil and rebraid or twist.

when i did them on my mom i would repart it along the same parts, lightly spray the section with conditioner and water to moisturize, and rebraid/retwist. took care of answers to questions 1 and 2 right there.

1. Slightly dampen with a little water on my palms
2. Add favorite moisterizer and seal with a little oil
3. Rebraid
4. Wrap in satin/silk scarf

Sounds like a lot but actually takes less than 10 minutes!

same...moisturize with mango butter and seal with oil and re-braid. even though i have gotten lazy some nights and sleep on the braid-out my hair still looks just as good

When I was relaxed, I used to rebraid nightly. I would moisturize as needed.

Now I use a LOT more braids and CHI along with aloe vera gelly to set it. I don't rebraid. I just tie it up with a silk scarf. In the morning, I fluff, mist with John Freida's Dream Curls, and go. My braidouts last 4-6 days this way.

I have braid spray that i filled up with extra aloe vera juice & glycerin. I spray each section of hair then use a styling cream for definitionn...like aveda universal cream. Then seal wit coconut oil. (in case of no styling cream i pour aloe vera gel in my hand with a drop of of a runny gel like giovanni gel, ic fantas., or my fav. Garnier fructis wet shine gel. This gives definition also without it being all gel). then i rebraid. Its been working for me all week but no doubt i have rebraid every nite

I moisturized everynite and day and kept in scarf.
Sometimes I rebraid just the ends for a fresh look...but never rebraid whole head. to much manipulation.

Back