Question about LUST: Caution(May be Shocking)

I bought the sample packet and it didn't work for me either.

I get better results using CON shampoo for dry/colored hair with Pantene Smooth & Sleek conditioner for a quickie treatment.

When I use thicker conditioners, they tend to be more moisturising, but then again, it could be psychological, maybe there's no difference.

I'm a 4 and was very disappointed in how lust performed with my hair also. I use Nexxus Humectress and now I've started using Keracare Humecto. Pricey, but worth every penny.

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
When I use thicker conditioners, they tend to be more moisturising, but then again, it could be psychological, maybe there's no difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, especially with 4 hair. The thicker, the better!

I am not a product junkie, however, on the recommendations and rave reviews of several members here - I went to Sally Beauty Supply and bought L.U.S.T. It didn't perform miracles on my hair, however, I didn't expect miracles. It gave me the slip that I desired, it conditioned, moisturized, defrizzed, it made my hair super soft and the smell is delicious and these are some of the things I base a good product on. My hair might be 3-C or something. L.U.S.T. gives me the same slip as Creme of Nature Shampoo, I favor it because I can shampoo with C.O.N. and condition with L.U.S.T. and have double the slip. I will definitely continue with the L.U.S.T.

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
LUST is overrated. I guess it's true that not products work the same for all people. LUST is o.k., I've also found other products that work the same or even better. Some also stated that Nexxus Humectant was really good. But, it wasn't all that for me. It's very waterly, not to mention the hefty price I paid for it. Just mediocre. That's the chance you take being a PJ like me. You try things out, then try others. I've decided once and for all just to use what I have and know that works rather than spend any more money on these products. I just can't afford it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think conditioners have different effects on my hair when it is natural and when it is relaxed. I noticed that lighter conditioners work better on my hair now that it is relaxed but when i was natural I needed heaver conditioners to really notice a difference.

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
I've tried Humecto, and my only problem was that it was rather thin, I prefer thicker conditioners, but it did make my hair soft and detangled.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of type 4s seem to like the Humecto but it didn't work well ofr my hair natural or relaxed. For some reason I remember liking it in the past but maybe it was a different Keracare conditioner.

<font color="brown"> LUST did not work for me either
ohwell.gif
. Luckily, I only purchased the trial size.

However, I do like the Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture shampoo and conditioner. I think the conditioner has a great blend of both emollients and humectants, as well as a mild silicone derivative. I have had good luck with it during the summer and early fall, so it will be interesting to see how it does in the cooler months when the SW Florida climate is not as humid as it usually is. If it does well, I will definitely add it to my regular rotation.

AngieK </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
It looks like LUST doesn't work for everyone. We here at the LHCF know that famous saying 'what works for one doesn't work for everyone'. However, I'm still hooked on LUST.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto
smile.gif

Back