Question about LUST: Caution(May be Shocking)

Tiffanyvip

I recently bought LUST at my local Sally's. I was so exciteded to use it, but I haven't experienced the miraculous results that you all have been. Am I using it incorrectly: It says 2-5 mins. on the jar, I tried that and it didn't leave my hair that silky, I also left it on for about 30 mins. with a plastic cap. Are you girls mixing it and combining with other products, or am my expectations too high.
ohwell.gif

ditto I spent $6.49 on this product as well. My hair was left very soft but I still had frizz. I love the smell and the way it made my hair feel, but I got these results from other products as well. I bought it mainly to defrizz my hair, especially when I have a lot of new growth. But it did not unfrizz anything.

It didn't provide me with any "slip," or help with my combouts, but it did smell good and I loved the way my hair felt when I was rinsing it out. It took me THREE tries to even get mediocre results.

I am using the Garnier Fructis and I use it exactly as listed on the jar, minus the shampoo steps. I use my own personal shampoo. I just apply to hair and leave it on for three minutes and rinse completely.

well darn guys. I just got LUST and used it for the first time yesterday. It definately wasnt what I expected (I was under the impression it was an everyday thing), but hey we will see how it goes in the coming weeks. I also started profectiv and if anything I will continue to use both just for the smell.
LOL

LUST is overrated. I guess it's true that not products work the same for all people. LUST is o.k., I've also found other products that work the same or even better. Some also stated that Nexxus Humectant was really good. But, it wasn't all that for me. It's very waterly, not to mention the hefty price I paid for it. Just mediocre. That's the chance you take being a PJ like me. You try things out, then try others. I've decided once and for all just to use what I have and know that works rather than spend any more money on these products. I just can't afford it...

I have also just tried LUST and I'm not experiencing the miraculous slip that everyone talks about, its not bad though, I prefer it to Kerastase masquintense. Maybe we just had too high expectations, or maybe our hair types are different from those who have great results with it. I have 4b relaxed hair that is thick and tangles easily, maybe thats why. Alas, the search for the perfect conditioner continues....

Same here, I thought the product would change my life. Quite frankly, I haven't found any slip that beats CON. By the way I'm a 4b, 13 inches and counting.

Maybe we need to start a list of which conditioners suit which hair types, based on our experiences, it could help narrow down our search for the ultimate conditioner (and save money).

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Don't feel bad. I am one of the "rare" ladies who doesn't get great results with LUST.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

Sith, that is a good idea.
LUST did not work for me either.
confused.gif

I have fine grade, 4a/b hair. The only conditioners that never fail on my hair are mizani moisturefuse, organics hair mayo and motions moisture plus.

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
LUST is overrated. I guess it's true that not products work the same for all people. LUST is o.k., I've also found other products that work the same or even better. Some also stated that Nexxus Humectant was really good. But, it wasn't all that for me. It's very waterly, not to mention the hefty price I paid for it. Just mediocre. That's the chance you take being a PJ like me. You try things out, then try others. I've decided once and for all just to use what I have and know that works rather than spend any more money on these products. I just can't afford it...

[/ QUOTE ]

my Humectress isn't watery at all.It is really thick.That's strange yours is like that.

So it seems like most of the ladies that are in the 4 category didn't get expected results from LUST. Well I use it from time to time and it is a good conditioner but not necessarily my fav. I bought it 'cause it worked wonders on my daughter's hair. Talking about slip! WHOA!!!

This is why I think it is very important for forum participants to state specifically what they are using and hair type. I was thinking about puchasing LUST like the rest. I'm glad that I didn't. Maybe you should mix it with another product to get better results...
scratchchin.gif

I bought LUST as well ( the sample packet) and was not that impressed at all. I hava had better results with the Garnier Fructis 2 minute masque and even better results with the Keracare humectant.

Oh IM 4a/3c

LUST did nothing for me in the slip department neither did garnier fructis. I get better result from VO5 freesia conditioner which is very moisturizing. Pantene natural and relaxed works well when using the entire line together.

It looks like LUST doesn't work for everyone. We here at the LHCF know that famous saying 'what works for one doesn't work for everyone'. However, I'm still hooked on LUST.
laugh.gif

Well I tried it today after using the shampoo and keraphix. I didn't experience tons of slip but I did like how my hair felt and looked after washing it out and I applied the taming creme. But I don't know if it looked and felt like that from the LUST or Keraphix. So far I don't think it is anything special for my hair and I do have products that I like better.

My Nexxus Humectress is thick not watery.

LUST is tough to find in Boston. I won't repurchase it because of the scarcity. I'd leave the LUST in after CO washes for a shiny finish on my wetbun, but I can get the same effect with Profectiv Breakfree or Razac Hair Polisher.

It is not only the fours. I honestly think that some people's hair does not respond that well to cones (I am one of those people). My friend also a 4 ANYTHING with cones and her hair looks like she rinsed with liquid diamonds.
crazy.gif

I bought a sample pack of LUST and the Nutritive Treatment today. I used the Nutritive Treatment and I was happy with the results. I have 4b hair and I rinsed with cool water.I agree about the whole everything doesn't work for everyone..

Thanks DSD, although I doubt that it would work, I've not had much luck with the Loreal conditioners ie LUST, Kerastase. I beginning to think that my expectations are too high.

When you guys say "slip" do you mean that the hair slips against itself and doesn't tangle? If so keracare humecto is great. I could be 3 months into a relaxer and apply it for 3 or 4 min and detangle my hair with a fine tooth comb! I haven't found anything better than that so far.

I've tried Humecto, and my only problem was that it was rather thin, I prefer thicker conditioners, but it did make my hair soft and detangled.

Back