Question about DCing overnight. Are you wetting.........

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
your hair when you put on the conditioner, are you just putting on the conditioner straight? Just curious. I DCed overnight about a week ago and I didn't wet my hair before doing it. I just slathered the conditioner on. Is this okay, or do I need to wet my hair just a bit before applying the conditioner? Thanks!!

I shampoo, towel dry, apply conditioner mixture, apply a hot towel for 20-30 minutes, remove towel, cover hair with a plastic cap and leave on overnight.

ETA:
You can deep condition on dry hair as well. Aubrey Organics recommends this method. I used to do this with great success. But I've been using my own sulfur mix on my scalp everynight and the shampoo removes the excess oils from my hair so that the conditioner mixture can penetrate the hair shaft.

Last edited:
I do the same... But I find that if I get under the dryer for 20 minutes and heat it up, my hair is even more silker and easier to comb the next morning... The reason for me starting that is because, even overnigh tmy hair felt funny and was a tangled mess in the morning... So now I add heat to get the conditioner started and in the morning my hair is soft like butter...

HTH

Ooooohhh goodie goodie goodie!! I can't wait to do this. I have Silicon Mix that I've only used twice on my hair since I've had it. I was thinking about doing an overnight treatment with it to see what kind of results I could get. I think I'll just spritz my hair a little with some distilled water just to dampen it (not get it soaking wet) and then apply the silicon mix overnight. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Thanks everyone!!

Thanks for the responses everyone!!! I DCed with the Sitri Nillah masque about a week ago, and I did it on dry hair, but I'm wondering what it will feel like next time with damp hair, so I think I will try it with damp hair next time. My hair still came out feeling soft and manageable, but this time around, I will just lightly spritz my hair with water just to see if there's any difference. Sometimes, my dry hair doesn't accept products like DCs very well.

I don't condition over night either. Every week I pre poo with a conditioner. Yesterday i used Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose & honey :lick:

I wonder if they sell this at Ulta. I've heard nothing but good things about it and nowhere around here sells AOs brand. The closest Ulta to me is about 45 minutes away, and since I freqent that area occasionally, I thought I'd stop off and check them out. Hopefully, I'll get lucky and find some of the AO products. I've never been to an Ulta before.

Back