Do you let ur condi touch ur scalp when DCing?

Do you let the conditioner touch your scalp when DCing?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 88 83.8%
  • No, never.

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Other (pls explain)

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you can still get to ur roots without getting it on your scalp. you gotta do section by section though, and carefully apply it to ur roots....or u can use a brush.... which most folks don't like to do often. including myself.
...but Some conditioners i can put on my scalp just out of pure laziness....but others i can't because it does leave a white residue on my scalp.

This is so interesting because I've always been nervous to put conditioner on my scalp. :ohwell: After reading these replies, I may have to try it.

Really? Lately I've been finding quite the opposite, for me anyway. I don't know, just in my experience w/certain conditioners, if in the dx it says that it acts over the scalp to tighten it and prevent hair fall, doesn't that sound like it should go on the scalp? Its always interesting how there are exceptions to every supposed rule.

I also have a couple of Dominican conditioners that have the same directions. I've used them in the past, (had them for years) :perplexed and I've always felt funny about it putting it on my scalp. I'm going to pull them out though and try them this way to get over my insecurities. :grin:

I also have a couple of Dominican conditioners that have the same directions. I've used them in the past, (had them for years) :perplexed and I've always felt funny about it putting it on my scalp. I'm going to pull them out though and try them this way to get over my insecurities. :grin:

Me too. Unless u have a sensitive scalp, I think as long as u clarify or chelate every now and then, it should be ok :yep:.

Oh no, I have a vid where I smush it all into the scalp, all over, down to the ends. It feels good! Plus I gotta nourish where it's all coming from! I learned that trick years ago though.

I don't purposely try to get it on my scalp but after I apply it to my hair I massage it in so the conditioner does end up on my scalp too. I rinse throughly so I never get a build up and that's with me being heavy handed.

I dont concentrate on the scalp but it is going to get on there anywaus when I put my shower cap on and sit under the heat. The conditioner is going to get warm and make its way to my scalp. I chelate and keep build up off and Im good.

ITA especially with the bolded. And for me I feel just as I wanna concentrate the shampoo on my scalp I want my scalp & roots to get some DC.

how can you not get it on your scalp especialy when you do your edges?:perplexed DC is like a treatment to i dont want to try getting frustrated not getting conditioner on my scalp. i massage it in, let it sit and rinse out througly. no residue.

i tried applying a conditioner like a relaxer (brush and all)and was like:nono:it takes too long and you get the same results by just slapping it on in sections.

i think some of the people who get residue my try to leave a little conditioner in after a rinse but DCs are usually meant to be rinsed out because of their thickness. instant conditioners are a different story.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but when I condition I work the conditioner through my hair and into my new growth with my fingers, so it definitely gets on my scalp. I would be a mess if I couldn't condition those coils.

I've never given it a second thought, so yes, my conditioner goes onto my scalp - and I even massage it in! Having said that, I try to use all natural products, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

I just make sure I wash it out really well.. I don't intentionally put it on my scalp but i smooth the DC when its on my hair so i guess thats how it happens.

I never let it touch my scalp its just something Ive been doing for a long time. I do a lil massage from time to time but not directly on my scalp but some may still have gotten on my scalp, who knows? I rinse my hair thoroughly all the time and I always use a leave in conditioner too. The ends or mid hair to ends need most of the moisture etc I find the hair I have on my head in a pnytail is always the nicest.

I apply it to my hair not my scalp. I have always had issues with product buildup no matter how long I rinse. As soon as I stopped putting a bunch of stuff on my scalp, my "dandruff" issue cleared up.

Back