Question about Caruso rollers

tld723

Good morning ladies! I used my Caruso rollers for the first time yesterday, and my hair came out frizzy. Do you think I didn't let them it long enough before I took them out? I didn't put anything on my hair, should I have? Or could it be that I am over 3 months past my last relaxer?
Tia

It could be one of many reasons.

1) you had them on the steamer too long and it made your hair wet,

2) You didn't leave them on the steamer long enough (I think my booklet said 8 seconds or something like that, but I just keep touching the sponge until it gets warm)

3)You didn't leave them in your hair long enough. (In a rush, I once took them out to early and my hair was a little damp)

I don't think it's required but more often than not, I gather my hair in a ponytail style and spread a little pomade or something on my ends before I put them in.

I LOVE those rollers. Don't give up, just keep experiementing. You'll be glad you did.

pmichael52172 said:
It could be one of many reasons.

1) you had them on the steamer too long and it made your hair wet,

2) You didn't leave them on the steamer long enough (I think my booklet said 8 seconds or something like that, but I just keep touching the sponge until it gets warm)

3)You didn't leave them in your hair long enough. (In a rush, I once took them out to early and my hair was a little damp)

I don't think it's required but more often than not, I gather my hair in a ponytail style and spread a little pomade or something on my ends before I put them in.

I LOVE those rollers. Don't give up, just keep experiementing. You'll be glad you did.

pmicheal has hit all of the points. i apply bees wax, or shea butter, or coconut oil to each end as I am just about to roll each. i have heard some women say they use end paper as well. rule of thumb: do not leave on steamer too long. and do not take them out of hair before they dry.

Thank you ! I think I may have left the rollers on the steamer too long! I will try again until I get it right:D

If you left the roller on the steamer too long, try flicking/shaking the roller to get excess water out of the roller.

coconut oil does WONDERS for the ends when using Carusos... Hope it all works out for you... they're GREAT once you get the hang of them.

Back