Question About Braids and Twist Styles

LivingDol1

Hi Ladies,

I wore long braids or twists for years. The hair I used was kanekalon hair. The style was great and low maintenance but the hair itself was heavy.

I am thinking about getting twists again but I wanted to know if anyone had suggestions for what kind of hair to get in order to achieve a "lighter" hair style. Is human hair significantly lighter than the synthetic hair? Where can I buy it? Can I purchase it online?

I'm looking to wear a style that is about bra strap length that I can also easily put into a bun. I used to wear braids down to my waist.

Any tips offered would be greatly appreciated!!

I think it also depends on how much hair/how many packs of hair you use. I see a lot of twist extensions using 3-6+ packs of Kankelon. You can get a lighter style simply by using less extension hair.
For the most part, my Kankelon styles have just 1-2 packs of hair and aren't heavy at all.

via LHCF App

I want to install Havana Twists, there is an alternative which is synthetic and supposedly lighter then most synthetics called Havana Hair. The only place you can get it is from is comes in different colors, and it is reusable, and it cost http://www.fingercomber.com/HAVANATWISTHAIR.html $12.99 per pack. There are a lot of YouTube videos and reviews on the hair, but most note it is much lighter then Marley hair.

Last edited:
Definitely Havana Hair is lighter than the regular marley hair. I installed my twists with two packs of hair and they hang past BSL.

Back