Queen_T's new highlights!! :)

Wowww, that is the most beautiful color...I stay impressed with people who seem to be able to lighten relaxed hair. I want to lighten my hair so bad, but dont know where to start. I'm afraid my hair will break ruining all my progress.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

What a great coloring job! You hair is so beautiful.

The fact that you are 14 weeks post....I would have never guessed.

How long do you stretch your relaxers and what technique do you use?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

What a great coloring job! You hair is so beautiful.

The fact that you are 14 weeks post....I would have never guessed.

How long do you stretch your relaxers and what technique do you use?

Sorry ya'll just got back into town :yawn:.

Xavier, rollersetting and wrapping every night straightens my roots enough to where I can push my relaxer back. However, when I'm on business trips (and can't take the Pibbs w me :spinning:), I usually have to blowdry and break out the SEDU. The SEDU actually mimics a relaxer for me at this stage, so I can pretty much get away with it without damage. I usually stretch 14-16 wks, but I'm gonna have to go another 3 or 4 wks since I just got the color.

I've been using ORS No-Lye Regular for the past couple of years and it's worked out well. :yep: Everything I use is in my fotki. PW in profile. :wink2:

WOW! your hair is just (thinking of a superlative that has not been used yet) ... DAZZLINGLY BEAUTEOUS!!! Now I have to avoid looking, because the blinding beauty is seducing me toward some highlights! My hair will be breaking off like crazy!

Oh my lawd!! This is exactly the color that I want!! Geesh..I finally settled on coloring a wig last night, but I come in this thread and see your beautiful color. I'm so torn!
I want to add in some colored weave tracks or a wig, using you as inspiration, Ediese!

If someone with black hair was to get this color, would they have to color their hair brown first and then get the highlights? Does anyone know?
I have dark auburn hair naturally and went in for some highlights and the stylist had to "lighten the base." I had only asked for a few pieces to be highlighted, so if it broke off, I would still have some hair. He did my whole head. So, if your hair is black, they probably would lighten your base.

LOL @
SO really likes too. He wanted to color alll night!!

I've been coloring since 19

beautiful! u make me want color sooooooooooooo bad.

Last edited:
I got highlights on Friday :). I’m so happy, because she (Maricel) did such a wonderful job! This has to be the only time I’ve ever had such a wonderful experience in a salon. I went to my regular Dominican salon, but I usually only go once a year for a trim. Even with her lack of English and my little Spanish, things went very smooth and she did everything I told her to do, to a tee and without a without fuss. She matched my highlights EXACTLY to the swatch in the book, rollerset, blew me out, did a teeny trim (really), pin curled and styled.

From the moment I walked in the door to the minute I left, she gave me her undivided attention :yep:. Even when her phone rang, she would utter in Spanish, “I’m working, I’m working! Bye!”

SO really likes too. He wanted to color alll night!! :blush:

So without further ado (oh, this is my styling the next day):

I'm 14wks post....

356632834.jpg

356632749.jpg

356632816.jpg

Wow your hair looks beautiful.

Back