I know they were talking about me in spanish

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
Jennifer did she blow your hair out completely from wet to dry or did she roller set first & then blow?

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Jennifer did she blow your hair out completely from wet to dry or did she roller set first & then blow?

[/ QUOTE ]
My question too...I didn't think they could do a blow out on that much growth. I'll be at 3 months post relaxer and would love to still get a blowout. Also where did you go; they did such a good job!

* giggling * That reminds me of that comedian on BET that talks about the Asian women that work in the salon on folks with jacked up feet and how they slip into their native tounge to talk about you!
Dang! Who was that....AJ Jamal?

Wow!!! You're hair looks fantastic! I think I have hair down phobia too.
look.gif

My idol list keeps getting longer. I love your hair before the blow-out, after the blow-out, pinned up, down... Heck, I just want your head. Beautiful!
notworthy.gif

And congrats for standing up for your ends.
up.gif
If Supergirl had an award show for successes in the anti-SHS movement, you'd get a few minutes in the spotlight.
smile.gif

I think your hair looks great Jennifer....

And if it makes you feel better I am that (semi) bilingual sister, and I've heard them discuss these kinds of situations and the women they are talking about are always offended and angry when really they aren't saying anything all that bad at all. Whatever they are saying is never as bad as people assume it is. You don't understand, so you assume the worst, which is understandable, but it's not like they're saying you smell or anything.

I also don't think it's unprofessional of them to talk about what they're doing in their native tongue...it is, after all, the language they know and speak best...she could have been saying anything. It wasn't necessarily bad. But for her to say it (and have people respond to her) in the her native language - well I just disagree with the posters that call that "unprofessional"....

But that's neither here nor there....I think your hair looks wonderful.

Your hair looks great! It is so full and thick and you have a nice length.

YOur hair looks very nice thick, and healthy
smile.gif

Where I used to go to get my hair done, they won't even touch your hair if you have even 1/2 of an inch of newgrowth. They would prefer for your to get a touch up...

now if I could just find a place that will not mind that would be great
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
tasha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]
My question too...I didn't think they could do a blow out on that much growth. I'll be at 3 months post relaxer and would love to still get a blowout. Also where did you go; they did such a good job!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ladies!

I was roller set first for about an hour and the blowout was the part that got my hair straight. The blowout only lasted about 4-6 minutes. I went to Jaselvis hair salon in MD were Carmen did my hair. There was another lady there who was doing wonderful job on another head, she was really taking her time. I thought that was Carmen, but to my surprise it wasn't and I didn't get her name.

I agree with everyone on here your hair rocks!

Did they use any products in your hair?

------------------
Knowledge is Power

Other than the shampoo, deep conditioner and detangler they didn't use any other products.

WOW JenniferMD I have just seen this post and your hair looks so lovely. I think I have said this before but you have made amazing progress since Oct 03 - that was only 6 months ago
shocked.gif

luv it luv it luv it your hair looks so good
trampoline.gif
i love how your curls still have good form
smile.gif
this is such a pretty look on you. and the updo is cute too. keeping your hair pinned up helps you to keep your curls even longer. I agree they probably were discussing your hair. and from the way you say everyone was staring, they were probably talking about how pretty your natural hair is
wink.gif
-- jainygirl

girl your hair looks great! i think im going to start transitioning again so that i can get a texturizer and a blow out!

They did an excellent job on your hair! It looks very full and healthy
smile.gif

As far as their discussion, I too think that it was rude: not because they were speaking Spanish, but because it gave the impression that they were talking about you, which made you uncomfortable. It's kinda like someone whispering to someone else in front of you and then they both stare you down
frown.gif
Besides that Carmen seems like pretty good peoples, and she definitely worked your hair
up.gif

Back