Putting Coconut oil on my ends

yokoyokogirl

I put coconut oil on my ends last time I washed and my hair is amazing! (Why wasn't I doing this sooner??) But should I do it more frequently? Like everyday or every couple of days? How often and when do you put oil on your ends?

Did it mend your ends or just soften them? What was the condition of your ends before you oiled them?

I use Vatika which is primarily made with Coconut oil and I use it every other day on my ends. My hair is in love!

Hey Ladies - for daily use/end maintenance are you only applying coconut oil to your ends or are you applying the coconut oil after applying something else?

Coconut oil is cool, just do not use it in the winter because it will freeze your hair and cause it to break.

I put coconut oil on my ends last time I washed and my hair is amazing! (Why wasn't I doing this sooner??) But should I do it more frequently? Like everyday or every couple of days? How often and when do you put oil on your ends?
When my hair is out I do it nightly. Sometimes in the morning too.

Coconut oil is cool, just do not use it in the winter because it will freeze your hair and cause it to break.

really???...I mean I love how light it is and how natural it is but since I'm in alaska when I have it in my hair (i've been using it for like a week now) it hasn't seemed to be some miracle improvement just more of a light oil on it, but it took me using a bunch to realize a little goes a long way. My burgundy sheets soaked up A LOT of it when I went to sleep that night, won't do that again. Almost messed up my pillow top mattress. So how has coconut oil worked for those others who live in cold and/or dry areas? It's so dry here. I've been having a hard time getting info for people who have experienced such drastic weather like here. Thanks!

really???...I mean I love how light it is and how natural it is but since I'm in alaska when I have it in my hair (i've been using it for like a week now) it hasn't seemed to be some miracle improvement just more of a light oil on it, but it took me using a bunch to realize a little goes a long way. My burgundy sheets soaked up A LOT of it when I went to sleep that night, won't do that again. Almost messed up my pillow top mattress. So how has coconut oil worked for those others who live in cold and/or dry areas? It's so dry here. I've been having a hard time getting info for people who have experienced such drastic weather like here. Thanks!

I have been using vatika frosting and evco all winter. I usually use less than a pea size amount after moistuizing usually at night before bed. I have not experinced any hardness.

The coconut oil made my hair stiff during the below freezing weather because the oil solidifies when cold. I didn't get major breakage but the stiffness made it vulnerable. I probably used too much though. Who knows..but it hasn't messed up my ends. Everyone's hair is different..

Last edited:
I apply shea butter, pritz and then seal with coconut oil.
Sometimes at night as a baggy or in the AM....

Back