Dipping Your Ends in Hot Coconut Oil

I prepoo my hair like this. then leave it on for at least 2 hours sometimes overnight. Works well, have to be careful not to get the oil too hot:lachen:

i just did this, i put the oil in a tiny glass and put it in a boiling pot, the oil was nice and hot! i had hair in four brainds and diped my ends in the oil, covering about 4inches up my braids. let sit in the oil for about 3mins then pined up with a bobby pin.

i just did this, i put the oil in a tiny glass and put it in a boiling pot, the oil was nice and hot! i had hair in four brainds and diped my ends in the oil, covering about 4inches up my braids. let sit in the oil for about 3mins then pined up with a bobby pin.

I think I'm going to do this tomorrow except after having the braids sit for the 3-5min in the oil then I'm going to baggy it up and leave in overnight. I'll let you all know how it goes!

I use warm coconut oil too, but never like that. I will try it. But question: if you live in a cold climate, I find that the coconut oil gets hard on your hair when you go out. That is the only downside....any suggestions?

I use warm coconut oil too, but never like that. I will try it. But question: if you live in a cold climate, I find that the coconut oil gets hard on your hair when you go out. That is the only downside....any suggestions?

In this thread, I believe they are washing it out. However, I have heard other ladies complain of this. My hair is always protected(sew-in, hat, wig) from the cold air so this isn't an issue for me.

Back