Puritan Pride is so cheap. Are they any good?

Charla

I've always see Puritan Pride with these amazing buy 1 get 2 free sales, buy 2 get 3 free, etc. But I'm always worried that they sell them so cheaply because they're low quality. There are a a lot of vitamins I'd like to buy === Omega 369, Calcium, Saw Palmetto.

What do ya'll think?

I have used them. I bought jojoba oil and coconut oil for a great price. They are having a sale now too. I received a few flyers by mail.

They're nice. I've purchased a few things from them during a sale, but they ARE low quality. :yep:

Eh, well I looked through their catalog and when I compared to what I'd pay for their stuff, with their BOGOS and how many pills are a serving and how long they'd last for it was more expensive in the long run. So I stick with certain vitamins from gnc, some from vitamin shoppe especially when they have a sale and some from cvs!!!

Aicer I'm kind of half sleep, so I hope you can make sense of what I'm about to say. :giggle:

Puritan uses synthetic ingredients in their vitamins. Like, there's a natural form of vitamin C, which is, of course, the preferred option. Natural vitamin C is completely healthy, but too much of the synthetic stuff (which PP uses) can kill you.

After comparing lots of brands and prices, I figured it would be best to just ditch Puritan. Yeah, the prices are good, but you're getting what you pay for: cheap, synthetic, lab-made pills.

I'd rather just pay a few extra bucks and get the good stuff, it's really worth it. BUT if you're on a budget, PP is the way to go. :up:

Aicer I'm kind of half sleep, so I hope you can make sense of what I'm about to say. :giggle:

Puritan uses synthetic ingredients in their vitamins. Like, there's a natural form of vitamin C, which is, of course, the preferred option. Natural vitamin C is completely healthy, but too much of the synthetic stuff (which PP uses) can kill you.

After comparing lots of brands and prices, I figured it would be best to just ditch Puritan. Yeah, the prices are good, but you're getting what you pay for: cheap, synthetic, lab-made pills.

I'd rather just pay a few extra bucks and get the good stuff, it's really worth it. BUT if you're on a budget, PP is the way to go. :up:

Oh wow! Ok, I'm going to pay extra attention to the exact form of ingredients. If I don't find the quality then back to Vitacost!

@Aicer I'm kind of half sleep, so I hope you can make sense of what I'm about to say. :giggle:

tiffers thanks for letting me know. I never thought of Puritan pride being that bad, that's why I would sometimes order them instead of somewhere like Walmart. Where are some places to buy good quality products? What brand do you use? What about Swason are they bad?

I purchased the Biotin on a buy one get two free special and thought to myself it was too good to be true. When I take biotin I ALWAYS see a visible difference in my nails.......Nada when I took the Puritan Pride.

I think I'm going to be discontinuing Puritan Pride myself, the synthetic ingredients bother me. I have bought from Vitacost before so I will look into their supplements.

Anybody here try Dr. Mercola?

I used to get them all the time but I notice its kinda pointless to buy 2 and get 3 free because they usually expire before I can use them anyway.

Back