Psst....If you want Aveda samples...

mango387

then go when an Alabama game is on TV. I went to this upscale spa to purchase the Aveda DR, but the sales associate was listening to the LSU and UA game. She was angry about being there, and I believe she was getting tired of me reading ingredients from DR, SI, and Brilliance. Guess what she said? "You know what? I'll give you some samples to try. Which ones do you want?" I was laughing on the inside, because I have been going to that place for over four years. I never received the first sample, but tonight, she just wanted me out of the spa. Oh, well.

BTW, I couldn't bring myself to purchase the Aveda DR, because I REALLY do not like the scent. I did like the Brilliance and the Smooth Infusion though.

Well, IMO, the DR does not have the classic Aveda scent. SI and Brilliant have variations of the classic Aveda fragrance which I actually like. The DR smells like joint cream or something. For that amount of money, I MUST like the product's smell. I do realize, however, that the fragrance may not linger, but I just could not bring myself to buy it. BTW, I am not cheap, b/c I have bought Phytospecific products that were the same price or more. I have also purchased the Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer numerous times.

That Alabama LSU game was a good one..i hope she gave you a bagful of samples! Just an FYI..I was in the Aveda store yesterday and they told me they have discontinued the deep penetrating hair revitalizer and they gave me samples of the DR. I agree that the smell is sort of different from their other products.

Back