Protein Shakers

blkbuttahflyy

Loc'd 12/04 ~ 07/12.
Has anyone tried this shake? It seems convenient since they come in individual bottles and you just add the water and shake. Plus, it has 50 grams of protein per bottle.

B00029ZLXA.01-A13QM26JRAMN6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

OSMO Absolute Whey Protein - 12 bottles.

OSMO's Whey formula contains a partially pre-digested (hydrolyzed), ion-exchanged blend of pharmaceutical whey proteins enriched with Glutamine peptides and containing a complete profile of all essential amino acids, free amino acids, di, tri, and poly-peptides. Added fiber promotes SCFA production, and supplies antioxidants. This product contains no artificial sweetener, instead the natural sweetening herb, stevia is added for flavor.

Nutrition Information:
Serving Size(bottle) 1
Servings Per Box 12
Calories 248
Fat Calories 30
Total Fat (g) 3
Sat. Fat (g) 1.5
Cholesterol (mg) 21 Sodium (mg) 93
Potassium (mg) 393
Total Carbs (g) 4.5
Dietary Fiber (g) 1.5
Sugars (g) <3
Proteins (g) 50

Ingredients: Whey-Pro USPF(tm) (MSP Micro-Ultrafiltrated Whey Protein Concentrate, Micro-Diafiltrated Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate Peptides, Cross-Flow Microfiltrated Spiral-wound Whey Protein Isolate containing a complete profile of all essential amino acids.

Recommended Use: Mix with 8 ounces of water and shake.

Are there any protein shakes that are already mixed? Like ones that are not powder? What about nutrament or ensure? do these qualify as protein shakes?

Well I just looked up some info on these other shakes such as Nutrament, Ensure and Boost. I think Boost might be a good one. Has anyone tried this? Is it the same as these powders from like GNC? I could do this since it is already made and there is no mixing involved.

Wolftrap - I've never tried Boost, but my sister has MS and takes Ensure via her feeding tube as prescribed by her doctor. She's only 10, but her weight is about the same as a healthy 10 year old and she has more hair on her head (and legs and arms) than I've ever seen. My father gets her hair cut every couple months since he knows he can't maintain its length.

[ QUOTE ]
Well I just looked up some info on these other shakes such as Nutrament, Ensure and Boost. I think Boost might be a good one. Has anyone tried this? Is it the same as these powders from like GNC? I could do this since it is already made and there is no mixing involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love boost!!!! It has a pretty addictive taste too once you get used to it (taste funny at first then all the sudden you start craving it). I haven't been drinking it lately but it is good. Not as much proteing as the shakes you mix though...I think boost high protein has maybe 15g?

i dont drink protein shakes, just a breakfast shake by carnation every morning.. i just found out it has 25% of the daily intake dosage of biotin... please believe i will continue to drink these babies!

I bought a 12 pack of these since they're on sale at <u>amazon.com</u> for $2.88 for the 12 pack when they're normally $36.00. I got them today and checked the bottles. The label reads 07/05 which I am assuming is the expiration date. Good. Not old stuff they're trying to get rid of.

I love that these are pre-measured in individual bottles and all you have to do is add water or milk, shake, and drink. Anywho, I added 12 ounces of water, shook vigorously for about a minute, then took it to the head. /images/graemlins/fat.gif The taste? Well, it didn't really taste like anything. In fact, it was kinda watery tasting ... like a melted vanilla shake. Kinda sweet (must be the stevia), but not overly so. Overall, I'm pleased and just might order some more before the price goes back up.

Edited to add: I see the info I posted originally said to add 8 ounces whereas the bottle said 12 ounces. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif Maybe I'll try adding less water next time since it was very thin.

[ QUOTE ]
Let us know the taste when you try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it again this morning adding only 8 ounces of cold water. While I had to shake it for a longer period of time (at least 2½ minutes) for it to blend completely, it tastes much better and has a slightly thicker consistency, almost as thick as a SlimFast. It still tastes like a melted vanilla shake. Now excuse me while I order some more. /images/graemlins/user.gif

Back