Protein b4 Relaxer

Moonpie8

Hello :wave:
Has anyone done a Aphogee Protein treatment three day before a relaxer? Is this ok did your hair have any problems when you relaxed?

TIA

I always did the treatment 5-7 days before the relaxer.

I don't think 3 days would be a problem as long as you don't agitate your scalp.

Some people wash the day of and the day before a relaxer with no problems at all.

I always did the treatment 5-7 days before the relaxer.

I don't think 3 days would be a problem as long as you don't agitate your scalp.

Some people wash the day of and the day before a relaxer with no problems at all.

thank you!!! :grin:

I've done it the same day as a Phyto relaxer (Index 1) last month.

But I was being daring: I took down a sew-in, clarified, 2-stepped, IN THE SAME DAY and my scalp was like:
GIFSoup
Never again. And Phyto relaxers are VERY mild.

But yeah, space them out.

Last edited:
3-5 days prior to a relaxer a protein treatment is recommended. So, that is fine.

I did a protein treatment a couple of days before my relaxer once and ended up underprocessed. Now I wait 7 days

You should be fine with using a protein 3 days before relaxing. I would recommend a light protein as a midstep (after rinsing out the relaxer but before neutralizing) as well.

I did it 2 days before back in January 2009. My hair ended up very underprocessed in some spots....so I just started texlaxing on purpose.

I've done it three days before. There were no problems, just make sure that you don't scrub at your scalp too much during the treatment and that your scalp is based well for the relaxer.

I did mine on christmas eve and Christmas day applied relaxer I just made sure I based well with coconut oil and hair looks good to me.

Back