Protective Styles..Help!

Sweet1977

Hello Everyone,
My hair is currently relaxed and I have joined the 2009 LHCF Bootcamp for 1 session. We can only use the hair dryer you sit under and I need ideas as to what I can do to my hair, HELP PLEASE!! I am assuming that roller setting would be one, but what kind of rollers do I get and I already have Lottabody setting lotion at home.

Hello Everyone,
My hair is currently relaxed and I have joined the 2009 LHCF Bootcamp for 1 session. We can only use the hair dryer you sit under and I need ideas as to what I can do to my hair, HELP PLEASE!! I am assuming that roller setting would be one, but what kind of rollers do I get and I already have Lottabody setting lotion at home.

I joined the 2009 Boot Camp, but I also joined the BunForGrowth challenge for 2009 too. Soooo......you can just *guess* which protective style I'll be sporting every day for a year :wallbash:(...or for at least the first 6months of 2009....LOL!)

Wish I could be of more help, but others will chime in, I'm sure.

You can try flexi rods. I LUV them and Im actually sitting under the dryer right now with them! They are easy and mine last for 1 wk so simple easy hairstyle. :grin:

Hey, whatever works right?:grin:

I joined the 2009 Boot Camp, but I also joined the BunForGrowth challenge for 2009 too. Soooo......you can just *guess* which protective style I'll be sporting every day for a year :wallbash:(...or for at least the first 6months of 2009....LOL!)

Wish I could be of more help, but others will chime in, I'm sure.

That's a thought. I have never done it so I am hoping that it will come out o.k. when I try it. What kind of flexi rods should I get, are there certain brands?

You can try flexi rods. I LUV them and Im actually sitting under the dryer right now with them! They are easy and mine last for 1 wk so simple easy hairstyle. :grin:

You could do buns, rollersets, braids, flexirod sets, etc. I have many styles in my hair album (in my siggy). Hope that helps.

You can tell that I don't do much to my hair. Those are definitely some things I can try, time to start learning and seeing what I like. Thanks for responding!! I am checking out your site now.

You could do buns, rollersets, braids, flexirod sets, etc. I have many styles in my hair album (in my siggy). Hope that helps.

You know, I have never actually bought a wig, something else to try. I used to do phony pony's also. How did you straighten your hair without blow drying for your phony pony though? I would normally dry it and then get my phony pony put in.

Try a half wig , "phony pony" or corn rows. They work great for me:rolleyes:

You know, I have never actually bought a wig, something else to try. I used to do phony pony's also. How did you straighten your hair without blow drying for your phony pony though? I would normally dry it and then get my phony pony put in.

A good moisturizer and a side part will usually lay it down. If I do the pony I'll use Profective break free leae in conditoner. The hair stays pretty nicely

I'm neck length and don't care much for wigs or phony pony's, so I'm going to try roller setting and pinning my hair up with bobby pins after the roller set........

Back