Progress? (pic inside)

TayMac

I had a sew-in for 3 weeks..got tired of it and had it taken out yesterday. My hair looks/feels thinner to me but my stylist did relax bone straight plus flat iron. Ugh. I don't know where to start with this hair.

2z3ovno.jpg
December 2008
2w6bfjd.jpg
September 2009

This hair? Well you def got alot of it! I would get to babying it with lots of moisturizing & strengthening DC's since your hair has been through alot.

your hair feels thin simply because you just got a relaxer and not to mention when taking out a weave give your hair sometime to breath before relaxing you have to treat it for at least 3 weeks for me anyway

LOL Jet I love my hair. It's just been up and down all year!

You are so right KerryAnn. I haven't been relaxed that straight in a while b/c I don't like the "limp" feel. I should have let it rest and just got a rollerset. I don't know if I coulda waited 3 weeks though lol!

Well, you just got a relaxer after taking down a weave...be happy that you still have hair! Your hair was already weak from the weave. You should at least wait 2 weeks before placing a relaxer in your hair. You should also deep condition as well.

Well, you just got a relaxer after taking down a weave...be happy that you still have hair! Your hair was already weak from the weave. You should at least wait 2 weeks before placing a relaxer in your hair. You should also deep condition as well.

:yep: I SHOULD know better anyway. For years, I have relaxed the next day after I removed kinky twist/cornrows. Probably why my hair is on the weak side.

Also, try a rollerset next wash to give you more body. I hate the flat look I get after relaxing my hair.

This is really good progress for only three weeks. I wouldn't worry about it looking thin though, just DC and moisturize for the next couple of weeks, try to avoid direct heat and your strands should fatten right up.

Back