Products that shouldn't be used consistently

macherieamour

Do you guys have any products that work only "once in a while"? I like my Hollywood Beauty Castor oil but its too heavy to use everyday. But once a week after a rollerset and my hair is soft for days!

Anyone have products that work best when they are NOT used consistently???

I kinda feel that way about my KeraCare Essential oil. I love that oil.... it smells so delish and is nice and light. However, like any other oil, if i use too much (while trying to wear my hair out) it totally weighs it down. Therefore, i'll apply it only minimally and not on an every day basis....

Pantene...good for when I have the tangles badly but never for daily co washing :nono: The buildup is brutal.

Hair serums. My hair does love cones, but using one of those everyday would kill my hair.

Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Lotion

Luster's S Curl No Drip Activator Moisturizer

macherieamour said:
Do you guys have any products that work only "once in a while"? I like my Hollywood Beauty Castor oil but its too heavy to use everyday. But once a week after a rollerset and my hair is soft for days!

Anyone have products that work best when they are NOT used consistently???
I have used this, and I loved it on my natural hair and also after I Maxiglided my hair. But I have to be careful, a little goes a long way.

Just about anything w/ cones. I just can't do it. My hair will become brittle and start breaking in a matter of days.

sareca said:
Just about anything w/ cones. I just can't do it. My hair will become brittle and start breaking in a matter of days.

same here, even if I clarify. It takes a while for my hair to feel "normal" again.

sareca said:

I agree...I feel like my hair is on lockdown when using anything with heavy cones.

LocksOfLuV said:
Can we say why please?!

Well I can't use pantene and VO5 conditioner for co-washing everyday because my hair just can't take all of the silicone.

I can only use MNT conditioner for so many months and then it stops working. So I switch it up with one of my other favorites for a month and then go back to MNT. Even after clarifying, my hair needs a break from a product sometimes.

anky said:
Well I can't use pantene and VO5 conditioner for co-washing everyday because my hair just can't take all of the silicone.

I can only use MNT conditioner for so many months and then it stops working. So I switch it up with one of my other favorites for a month and then go back to MNT. Even after clarifying, my hair needs a break from a product sometimes.

Wow now I know what a Cone is...silicone right?

I love MNT poo and con but it has too much protein for continued use.
Mizani Night Treatment--i use it every once and awhile because it smells like activator and is really heavy on my hair

planodiva said:
I love MNT poo and con but it has too much protein for continued use.
Mizani Night Treatment--i use it every once and awhile because it smells like activator and is really heavy on my hair
how does one know when they've had too much protein? i LOVE mnt for co-washes...i use it lots...what should i look out for?

Back