Naturals...Best Moisturizer??

What keeps your hair moisturized??

• Water

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • Shea butter

Votes: 34 20.1%
  • Salon Products(Nexxus, Mizani, etc.)

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Natural Products(Aubrey Organics, Qhemet, etc.)

Votes: 61 36.1%
  • Homemade mixtures

Votes: 49 29.0%
  • Drugstore Products

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 28 16.6%

• Total voters
Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme, and Blended Beauty Curl Styling Butter

Last edited:
S-Curl..it actually gets in and moisturizes my hair, and there's NO greasy feeling or product on my hands when I touch my hair.

My homemade concoction, which I made after visiting a Youtube link found of this board, is what is working best for me.

Water and my sisters shea butter mix with coconut oil/jojoba oil and some essential oils. Its amazing!!! I never twist w/o it

I've been wetting my hair at every possible moment b/c it makes my curls pop! I'm surprised I haven't gotten sick because before I go out I stick my head under the bathtub facet.

After its wet I've used Elasta QP Mango Butter (olive oil), G-99.5 Curl Activator (just Glycerin and water); Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Sealed with Africa's Best herbal Oil with ginseng with a good ole' plastic shower cap under a satin bonnet when I sleep.

Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream is wonderful:lick: I bought that and the Burdock Root Butter Cream in the small sample sizes. The Burdock Root one works well, but I definitely prefer the Amla & Olive! Wet or dry, it makes my hair feel like silk...now that Shea Butter doesn't seem to be working that well on my hair, the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream is my new staple! Unfortunately I can't buy any until I use up all of my other "moisturizing products", but as soon as I'm done, I will be stocking up on it! I know I sound like a commercial, but if you have dry hair that never seems to stay moisturized, you need to try these two products!!!:yep:

Leave in conditioner and even though I dont use it too much anymore, I still love BB Castor Oil and Aloe hair lotion.

When I twist I use S-Curl gel (in the grey and blue jar), Otherwise I use Sta-Sof-Fro, S-Curl or any glycerin based spray I can find.

S-Curl moisturizer, ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion and Doo-Gro oil (when the Doo-Gro is done I'm switching to plain old olive oil.)

S-Curl moisturizer, ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion and Doo-Gro oil (when the Doo-Gro is done I'm switching to plain old olive oil.)

I tried to like this stuff on my natural hair but uggggghhhh, I cant stand the smell and it is too darn greasy! And yet it's the only water based product I can use on my flat ironed hair with it making it revert.

AO white camelia used as a leave in.

aloe gel, glycerin, castor oil mix to seal.

And aloe juice alone or with glycerin as as a daily spritz.

Oh and the steam from the shower.

Always moisturizing hair while it is wet or very damp.

Last edited:
Shescentit products have allowed my hair to become even healthier, softer, smoother, and shinier than it's ever been even as a natural!!! I use the Super Soft Honey Conditioning Rinse to detangle and I leave it in then apply a little (literally) Seyani Hair Butter. My hair will actually stay soft for days :drool: with no need to re-moisturize. I only do it out of habit and so the scent of the Seyani butter can stay strong :grin:.

I like ORS Carrot Oil, it is cheap and moisturizes well. When I am older and finances get better I can hopefully buy the good stuff.

i use whatever.. a combination really. today i used EVCO, Garnier Sleek and Shine leave-in, avocado butter, and sealed with Pantene Frizz Control Serum. for me to get moisturized hair that last more than 24 hours, 1 product usually isn't enough

Qhemets Moisturizers
Rene Furterer No Rinse Karite Cream
Bee Mine Lucious Moisturizer
Kinky Knot Today mixed with Almond Oil
Elucence Moisture Condish mixed with Almond Oil

For me:
all natural water based conditioners without glycerin, without protein and without shea butter work great all around the year.
(= they all have the following ingredients: water or infusion or aloe, emulsifiers and fatty alcohols, extracts or oils, preservative)
Seeing as I'm unlucky and my hair rejects pure aloe or pure shea butter, I will learn to make my own simple leave in with olive oil and distilled water as main ingredients, as it will save me money and I don't want to rely on specific products / I want to moisturize as often as possible without having to calculate my expenses.

For leave-ins/moisturizers, I really want something natural if I'm not rinsing it out.

So far (a month), a spritz of water and Aubrey Organics HSR condish (5:1 ratio) and sealing with EVCO has been working pretty well. I'm not in love with it, but it gets it done for now.

Back