PRODUCT REVIEW - SILICON MIX BAMBU

Britt

I bought a jar of this stuff yesterday along w/ the matching poo and the Silicon Mix Pearl conditioner. I washed w/ the poo which really isn't that drying and stripping as I thought it would be, it was a pleasant surprise too. It gets your hair clean, but not terribly stripped. Because I was sooo eager beaver to try the conditioner, I took a little bit and slathered it over my sopping wet hair b/c I can have an idea of how well a conditioner will work from just instant contact on my hair. Well, it felt sooo smooth and soft and enough for me to detangle quite a bit. After I detangled in the shower I came out and then used a good amount all over my head and combed through. As I was applying the conditioner, I kept saying out loud "omg, omg, what the fukc is in this stuff".... My hair felt soooo smooth and soft. I put on my plastic cap, went to work out for about 40 minutes, and then rinsed out the condtioner, I was in straight hair heaven. This stuff is the bomb, my hair felt soft, smooth, and moisturized. And not the type of smoothness that a conditioner w/ excessive cones leaves.

In comparison to the regular silicon mix, this I would say is more moisturizing, and the smell is less perfumey but this stuff smells HEAVENLY, you hear me... it smells soooo good. Damn, I had a straight hair orgasm up in my apartment last night. Ya'll go get you some and REPORT BACK :grin:. I can only imagine using this w/ heat or even a steamer :drool:

You can get from here or here or anywhere else online or your local bss.

siliconmixbambu16oz.GIF

I didn't even know they made Silicon Mix Bambu!!!!

Thanks for the review girl :yep:...I have the regular Silicon Mix and I also have the Silicon Mix with Pearl but now you got me wanting to try the Bambu formula!!!! Off to find it...

I didn't even know they made Silicon Mix Bambu!!!!

Thanks for the review girl :yep:...I have the regular Silicon Mix and I also have the Silicon Mix with Pearl but now you got me wanting to try the Bambu formula!!!! Off to find it...

Yeah, go do that :grin: and let us know how you like it.

I'm going to try the Pearl this wknd... As I was looking at my three jars of silicon mix, I was trying to differentiate between all of them. From what I gather, the Bambu is more nuturing and intense, the pearl is more strengthening, and the original is what? ... That's what I'm trying to figure out still.

buying when I go home next wk. I'm going to be coming back with a lot of stuff since this stupid city doesn't have anything.

From Roundbrush.com

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, auqa, Polysorbate 20, Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, PABA, Inositol, Panthenol, Linoleic Acid, Biotin, Clyclomethicone (and) Dimethiconol, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Methyl Paraben, Diazolidinyl UREA (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance, FD&C No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6.

Vitamins A, E, “F”, H (Biotin), H’, Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), H8 (Inositol) and Horse Chestnut Extract

What is the scent? Is it the same baby powder like scent just not as strong as the regular?

Hummm, no I wouldn't describe it as baby powder, the scent may be called strong by some, but it's not strong in the same way that the original one is, if that makes sense. It's a very pleasant, fresh/maybe floral scent, I think it smells really good and not as obnoxious as the regular silicon mix, tho I like the lingering smell of that in my hair too.

I used this stuff a Dom salon I frequent, it smells wonderful but it acted like a protein on my hair.

Thank you so much for the review. I was stunned to see it in the BSS in the hood. Too, it was $5.00 cheaper than regular Silicon Mix, which I have used in the past, but not for four years, for the same amount. I will be using this weekend.

I used this stuff a Dom salon I frequent, it smells wonderful but it acted like a protein on my hair.

I agree. The Bambu formula felt like a moderate/mild protein treatment on my hair. Not sure if I'll keep this in my conditioner rotation seeing I need more moisture than protein right now.

The regular silicon mix is more of a moisture conditioner for my hair.

I bought a jar of this stuff yesterday along w/ the matching poo and the Silicon Mix Pearl conditioner. I washed w/ the poo which really isn't that drying and stripping as I thought it would be, it was a pleasant surprise too. It gets your hair clean, but not terribly stripped. Because I was sooo eager beaver to try the conditioner, I took a little bit and slathered it over my sopping wet hair b/c I can have an idea of how well a conditioner will work from just instant contact on my hair. Well, it felt sooo smooth and soft and enough for me to detangle quite a bit. After I detangled in the shower I came out and then used a good amount all over my head and combed through. As I was applying the conditioner, I kept saying out loud "omg, omg, what the fukc is in this stuff".... My hair felt soooo smooth and soft.

siliconmixbambu16oz.GIF

the bolded sold me :lol:

i love the original silicon mix. i love how perfumey the scent is, & how much slip i get when i use it. i'll probably love this stuff even better. thanks for the review!

I said that I was only going to replace my 56 oz of Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla when I ran out, but ya'll making it hard... :sad: :lachen: I love all the Silicon Mix conditioners. :yep:

o.m.g
I used this tonight on freshly chelated hair :thud:

HAIRGASM

I felt my hair melting as soon as it touched my hair and then when I rinsed it , the tangles melted like butter

:infatuated:

:love:

OP did you try the Pearl conditioner yet? I was contemplating buying it too.

Yesss ! I tried the Pearl conditioner this wknd and loved it too.. Made my hair soft, moisturized, and detangled. This formula has the least smell to it. I've found 2 new staple conditioners :grin:. My SO took my jar of original silicon mix talking about it smelll soo good, he told me he washed his hair and it had his hair mad soft :rolleyes:.. dude has a low cesar hair cut.

In any event, I'd probably just need two of the Silicon conditioners.. the Pearl and the Bambu. The Bambu is soooo moisturizing and the smell is just :drool: and the Pearl is suppose to be more strengthening.

Yesss ! I tried the Pearl conditioner this wknd and loved it too.. Made my hair soft, moisturized, and detangled. This formula has the least smell to it. I've found 2 new staple conditioners :grin:. My SO took my jar of original silicon mix talking about it smelll soo good, he told me he washed his hair and it had his hair mad soft :rolleyes:.. dude has a low cesar hair cut.

In any event, I'd probably just need two of the Silicon conditioners.. the Pearl and the Bambu. The Bambu is soooo moisturizing and the smell is just :drool: and the Pearl is suppose to be more strengthening.
Thanks! I think I'll pick some up when I run out of my original Silicon Mix.

I bought this last week from reading this review and tried it last night after taking out my kinky twists I absolutely loved it. About 95% of my hair is natural and I never like to deal with it on my own but this stuff is kinda giving me a change of heart about getting a perm tomorrow.

so i just DC'd with silicon mix bambu...

& it is AMAZING. the BEST deep conditioner i have EVER used.

now the original silicon mix melted my 4something natural hair & made it stupid easy to detangle.

this... transformed it into pure whipped silk. so much slip. & the smell: HEAVENLY.

this will be my new staple DC until the end of time.

stop what you're doing & go buy this immediately!

Silicon Mix is da bomb. I got a friend hooked on it with me. :giggle: Thanks for the review. I will be trying this.

Back