PRODUCT REVIEW - SILICON MIX BAMBU

Dang ya'll know ya'll wrong. I just got off punishment due to secret shoe shopping now I'm about to buy up some Silicon based on the reviews. Whew.....oh well.

I've never tried any of the Silicon Mix conditioners. Now I'm confused on which one to order first. Too bad it's not sold in Los Angeles. If it were, I would have had it by now.

The tough economy is really making me exercise self-control. :wallbash: I still have a lot of other conditioners I need to use up first.

Thanks for the comments ladies!

Last edited:
I picked this up today. I just ran out of Silicon Mix and had every intention on buying some more, but when I opened the jar to smell it I was hooked. It smell delicious!!!!!!!!

I will be back my review later........

I picked this up today. I just ran out of Silicon Mix and had every intention on buying some more, but when I opened the jar to smell it I was hooked. It smell delicious!!!!!!!!

I will be back my review later........

how did it go??

I used this for the second time yesterday :infatuated: It's just awesome! :love:

I used it after chelating and joico k pak reconstruct.

I tried the Silicon Mix Bambu tonight and as much as I want to like it I don't. It didn't detangle my new growth like Silicon Mix but it performed better than Silicon Mix Pearle which cause me more tangles. I still love the smell of it but that may be it. I did a twistout which I will air dry overnight so I see how my hair looks completely dry, who knows I may like it.

I plan to use it up but I probably will not buy it again. I am sticking with Silicon Mix from now on.

I DC'd with the Silicon Mix Pearl for the first time tonight and it's a keeper, I like the smell too.

I did a clarifying poo (V05) followed by a moisturizing poo (Tresemme)

Then applied the SM Pearl, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for 20 mins.

Rinsed that out then applied Tresemme Moisturizing conditioner mixed with an Aloe Vera rinse to detangle & moisturize.

The end result was very easy to comb thru NG (I'm 9 wks post) and a soft yet strong feel to my hair. It's a keeper. I'll be rotating this and my Emergencia + Silicon Mix mix for my weekly DC's during this stretch I'm on. I'll continue to use the Pearl alone though.

What store did you get it from? Is there a BBS that sells Dominican products in the greater atlanta area?

I got it at beauty supply store in Jonesboro on Mount Zion Road. It is a large beauty supply store that is across the street from Southlake Mall.

I am not sure if Austell, GA is closer to you but there is a huge beauty supply store on Austell Road next to the Burlington Coat that also sells it.

I hope that helps you.

Didn't care for the Original one at all.:perplexed

But...will add this to my 'growing' collection of Dominican Conditioners based on these reviews.:yep:

OK, so I'm a fan of the original Silicon Mix and was out of it. I bought the Bambu one to replace it... and man oh man... I'm in love.

As soon as I put it on my hair it was just heavenly! Just like it melted and oh so soft to the touch!

This is definitely a keeper. I paid $20 for a 60oz jar.

:yep: its a keeper!

Okay so I just received my jar; I opened it, smelled it, and it definitely smells better than the original...but ummm did anyone notice that it contains alcohol denat.?!?! I'm still going to try it, but that is definitely a drying alcohol so I might have to stick with the original...

^^^^ I did but my hair is anything but dry from it. Its not the first indgredient in the product so the amount they prob use is negligible.

How does Silicon Mix compare with Capilo Sole & Cinnamon?
I don't know much about Silicon Mix but I know they're both Dominican conditioners.

I'm bumping this because I discovered it at the BSS today and had to fight the urge to buy it. It was immediately on my wish list so I came home to see the reviews and now I'm sold. The smell was so gooood. Any more reviews?

I spotted in my local BSS yesterday....but like one poster said...i'm not sure which Silicon Mix to buy bc i've never tried any of them.:spinning:

However...i already have my staple moisturizing DC...but i would like a more balancing DC...and i wanted to try something besides ORS Replenishing...even though i do like it...i can't deal with that really strong tangerine scent anymore....so i'm wondering if the Silicon Mix Bambu is more of another balancing DC?

Well, this is the second time I've used SM Bambu, I still prefer the original,although I liked this one a lot.
I didn't care about the smell but it was not offputting or anything, I just didn't like it. Although my hair seemed coated at first, when I massaged it softly for a bit, the slip was out of this world. I used the shampoo but did not like it,had to wash again with my beloved Kerastase Oleo relax that cleans my hair without stripping.
All in all,with my half jar of SM and this big jar of SM Bambu I think I'm covered for a long time :)

Anyone Natural using this, I am 3b and curious to try this. I tried Miss Key 10 n1 and love love love it. What other Dominican products are good to use on Natural Hair thanks

depends on your hair and how it reacts. Coconut oil is considered a ' yes yes' oil but for my hair it doesnt work and makes it feel like straw.
Boy! I thought I was the only one that thought that about the way coconut feels in my hair. Mine feels the exact same way you just mentioned. That's why I don't like it at all.

Good to know I'm not alone. Btw yr hair looks like mine only mine is alot shorter due to the bc and now transitioning. Gorgeous hair!

The LOVE the Silcon Mix conditioners.

I have had all three in my DC rotation since December. I had used the Original in past w/ good results before I purchased the Pearl and the Bamboo.

I use the orig as a moisturizing rinse out/detangler. I use the Pearl as a mild protein the same way I use Aphogee 2 min Keratin (when I have it). I think the Bamboo is mosturizing strengthening. So I use this one two ways; after a mild protein mixed with EVOO and another moisturizing condish or alone the week I'm not doing the other treatments.

Last edited:
Well, this is the second time I've used SM Bambu, I still prefer the original,although I liked this one a lot.
I didn't care about the smell but it was not offputting or anything, I just didn't like it. Although my hair seemed coated at first, when I massaged it softly for a bit, the slip was out of this world. I used the shampoo but did not like it,had to wash again with my beloved Kerastase Oleo relax that cleans my hair without stripping.
All in all,with my half jar of SM and this big jar of SM Bambu I think I'm covered for a long time :)

My other hair LOVE all things Kerastase! :grin:

I only use my Oleo relax line when I straighten my hair. I have to make it LAST...$$$$ lol

I just picked up some silicon bambu I dont no when im gonna get to try since I have 12668493 conditioners but its nice to see so many great reviews

Back