Product Junkies, Product Horders and Sensible Product Buyers..How do you keep Track?

Re: Product Junkies, Product Horders and Sensible Product Buyers..How do you keep Tra

my products arent really organized but i know what i have. i dont see how you can forget what you have....and i have A LOT lol.
all the products i use on a daily basis ie. moisturizers, leave ins and my fave deep conditioners stay in my room.
whatever conditioners im co washing with at the time (usually 5) stay in the bathroom.
the wall unit in the hall way is filled with pre poos, products i dont want but dont want to throw away and products that i use on my moms hair ie. paul mitchell, joico, mizani, kenra , all the stuff i used on my relaxed hair.

oh yea and the cabnet in the bathroom are co wash conditioners as well.

Re: Product Junkies, Product Horders and Sensible Product Buyers..How do you keep Tra

Very,Very Detailed. Especially since you have such a Large Quanity of
"Stuff."

It seems like you really have a handle on all of your purchases and a lot of drawer/shelf space to put everything.

Sounds Good.:grin:
I had to organize, I was going crazy!

Wellllll peep dis hefflet ova herrrrrrrrrrre!!

:lol: :lol:

I ain't mad! ;)
:look:

Wow this is a very good question T! I've started to get a lil overwhelmed. Wow these are some very good ideas!

my products arent really organized but i know what i have. i dont see how you can forget what you have....and i have A LOT

You are right. I know Everything I have. I just have so much of it and it started out separated...and now it's all kinda all mixed together, DC's in with the Leave-Ins, in with the Reconstructors, in with the Conds. (You feel me?):ohwell:

The only thing I seem to keep totally separate is my V05's & Suaves that I use strictly for rinsing out Henna/Indigo.

Everything else, even though I know where it is, has all turned into one big Blur:spinning: Fast becoming a Nightmare!:peek:

:look: I just rummage thru the bin... see what I have... if it's close to being empty... it's time 2 bu... wait.. I usually have more before it runs out that..:yep::look:

:look: I just rummage thru the bin... see what I have... if it's close to being empty... it's time 2 bu... wait.. I usually have more before it runs out that..:yep::look:

Now See................:lachen:

I need PJ interventions.. I promise I do ...:lachen:

I need PJ interventions.. I promise I do ...:lachen:

Uhm.....And You are all up in the PJ Thread:look::lachen:

JK. No.....We are actually Here Reaching out for some "Help" from the "Experts"on how to Organize and that will make us feel better about our Illness.:ohwell:

Des: You have Alot Of "Stuff" so what do you do?:look: Do you just replace when empty, do you keep a backup, do you buy in Bulk?

I don't have alot of different stuff on hand (to me), but I have tried alot of stuff over the past 2 years:look:

I buy liter/bulk sizes of my staples and salon products: Relaxer, Mizani Poo and Conditioners, Rusk Smoother, Chi Silk Infusion; basically anything that I have purchased more than twice. The third time I purchase a product, I buy a liter/large size and it stays in rotation. I repurchase when it gets low (25% full or less) I never run all the way out. (I got the hookup at Maly's)

For my products that I can't find in large sizes, or have to order online, usually these are the products products that I use often or use large quantites of, I stock up on them: BB Wrap Foam (5 bottles), Lacio Lacio (3 bottles), VO5 conditioners (15 bottles), Coconut Oil(2 jars)Porosity Control Poo and Con (3 bottles each) Dudley's Oil Sheen (3 cans) BBD Stretch (2 jars) Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum (2 big bottles)Duo Tex (2 bottles) Aphogee 2 min (3 Big Bottles)

Some things I use occasionally so I don't stock up on: Mizani Nighttime treatment, Aphogee for damaged hair, etc.

The rest of the stuff i've tried I've either given away already or I'm using up as needed. I only have one of each of these or have tried and failed or have not decided if I will add them to my staples: Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide, Some GVP stuff, Sabino MB, Vitapointe, Linange Relaxer System:nono:, Infusium 23, Some Kenra Stuff,French Perm,Ayurveda Powders (Yeah, I jumped on a few bandwagons) I'm sure there's more, but I have given A LOT of stuff away already.

My PJism is slowing wayyyy down now thank goodness.

I have a huge walk in closet with the top shelf and two 7 drawer Rubbermaid chests dedicated to my products and tools. Every month or so I go through and separate everything by genre, but it always mixes itself back up eventually. I know where everything is though most of the time:look:

^^^^^ Well....actually....Ya' Kinda Do Have quite a bit of stuff.:look: But, uhmmm....okay.......:look:

You seem extremely well organized with what you have.

And you do have a "system" as far as the Quanities You Purchase and what is and is not working for you and the actual amount you keep on hand.

WOW ! Thanks for Sharing.:grin:

I have two of these for my staples.

0007314928348_215X215.jpg

I order in bulk the things I love. For example I have 9 Vatika Frostings, 6 AOHSR, 2 OHHB etc. Basically anything in my siggy. I have all my clays, SheScentit.com's conditioners, rollers, hair accessories, shampoo bars etc in here too.

Everything else that I buy and dislike, I either sell it OR I give it to my 13 year old cousin. I do not like clutter and its pointless to keep stuff around that I dislike.

My little cousin on the other hand has like a hundred products. Because I give all the stuff I do not like to her. Her mother is happy though, they have a mini BSS.

Speaking of my cousin, I have a paper bag full of stuff that I need to bring over sometime this week :look:

Last edited:

I order in bulk the things I love. For example I have 9 Vatika Frostings, 6 AOHSR, 2 OHHB etc. Basically anything in my siggy. I have all my clays, SheScentit.com's conditioners, rollers, hair accessories, shampoo bars etc in here too.

It seems like you found both your Staples and Solidified Your Regimen Rather Quickly...:yep:

I keep the conditioners (usually 2, and some samples) in the shower. And I keep my two oils in the bathroom drawer (along with random left over products that I'll never use, spray bottles, combs, etc).

I have a whole bunch of headbands, bobby pins, hair ties, clips and other random accessories that I keep in another drawer. And then I have a drawer full of hair and wigs.

Will you re-start your Spreadsheet? btw: what were your column headings or categories in your spreadsheet?:look:

Sorry for being late, just saw your message. I'll let you know when I get home tonight how everything's organized and whatnot.:grin:

:lachen: When Im in the store I pick up a bottle of conditioner and then I put it down and say I dont need anymore conditioner.

:lachen:When I go to my closet and pick up a bottle of conditioner I say when did I buy that.

I keep an excel spreadsheet also, product name, what it's used for (co-wash, DC, protein treatment etc.) Additionally I incorporated a grading scale and comments about each product I buy, where I purchased it and how much.

I keep an excel spreadsheet also, product name, what it's used for (co-wash, DC, protein treatment etc.) Additionally I incorporated a grading scale and comments about each product I buy, where I purchased it and how much.

WOW ! Girl, You Got Mad Skillz ! You went Skrait Scientific and Analytical & Stufff.:lachen:

Seriously, has Using this "Method" Helped Curtail Your Spending?:perplexed Please Elaborate.....:grin:

Right now everything's on my nightstand and a shelf. Pretty soon I'm going to start a spreadsheet- things are getting out of hand, and my memory for products that did or didn't work is getting faulty.

Pretty soon I'm going to start a spreadsheet- things are getting out of hand, and my memory for products that did or didn't work is getting faulty.

See.....That's what I am talking about:nono: Have you thought about how you are going to categorize it?

First, I need to do a Serious Inventory List (I think) and once I get that done, I can start working on how stuff works. But First, I got to get a handle on the Stash.:rolleyes:

WOW ! Girl, You Got Mad Skillz ! You went Skrait Scientific and Analytical & Stufff.:lachen:

Seriously, has Using this "Method" Helped Curtail Your Spending?:perplexed Please Elaborate.....:grin:

Hey there and thanks,
Well although I'm PJ (I'll post some pics for yall in a min), I keep a budget. I set aside money from every paycheck to buy whatever I want for skin, body and hair products. I've done a great job at monitoring. It take commitment, when I walk in with the shopping bags, I sit down at the computer and log everything I bought and how much I spent. Then when I use it I give it a grade from A to F and why. I've had to train myself not to overspend. So sometimes I put a portion of the money aside for big purchases like the fhi runway, BKT's, pibbs.

Last edited:

Hey there and thanks,
Well although I'm PJ (I'll post some pics for yall in a min), I keep a budget. I set aside money from every paycheck to buy whatever I want for skin, body and hair products. I've done a great job at monitoring. It take commitment, when I walk in with the shopping bags, I sit down at the computer and log everything I bought and how much I spent. Then when I use it I give it a grade from A to F and why. I've had to train myself not to overspend. So sometimes I put a portion of the money aside for big purchases like the fhi runway, BKT's, pibbs.

That's Great! You know that don't you?:yep: That is very smart.

Thanks, and I know its a bit extreme but look at like your products like you do your groceries, peanut butter no jelly, cereal no milk...LOL So I have a list over thing I need to keep my hair healthy and growing. So I make sure I keep the items on hand. So first go through your stash and see what you have and go from there.

^^^^^ Well....actually....Ya' Kinda Do Have quite a bit of stuff.:look: But, uhmmm....okay.......:look:

You seem extremely well organized with what you have.

And you do have a "system" as far as the Quanities You Purchase and what is and is not working for you and the actual amount you keep on hand.

WOW ! Thanks for Sharing.:grin:

Oh......is that a lot?:look:
I didn't think I had that much stuff.

I guess you're right, I do have a system, in some sick twisted world my system works for me. I'm not organized enough for spreadsheets and stuff. So everytime you use the product do you go update the spreadsheet?:lachen: I'd feel like I was at work all over again.

Oh......is that a lot?:look:
I didn't think I had that much stuff.

I guess you're right, I do have a system, in some sick twisted world my system works for me. I'm not organized enough for spreadsheets and stuff. So everytime you use the product do you go update the spreadsheet?:lachen: I'd feel like I was at work all over again.

Chile' Did you go back read that?:look: You started going into Liters and Gallons and 5 Large Sizes of this and Large Sizes 6 of that:lachen:

I had Glazed Over:spinning:

See.....That's what I am talking about:nono: Have you thought about how you are going to categorize it?

First, I need to do a Serious Inventory List (I think) and once I get that done, I can start working on how stuff works. But First, I got to get a handle on the Stash.:rolleyes:

LOL, I haven't gotten that far. That would make me organized and timely. Can't have that. I'll do it tomorrow night when I am hopefully dc'ing and hopefully figure a way to post it.

Track? You're supposed to keep track? As long as I have a place to put it I'm happy. I just order and stash away. Or sometimes give away if it's just not working for me. I order multiples before I even try things so this way if I like it, I don't have to order it again any time soon.

Back