Product Junkaholics Annonymous Confessions

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">All PJs are to post their name and why did you buy another hair care product to be added to your collection. I want to help you avoid going bankrupt from your wallets as much as possible. My 30 day challenge: Not to buy another hair care item, unless you run out. It's not easy, but I am counting on you PJs to give in on your weakness for hair care products. If you're ready to confess and accept this challenge, you may post here. </font>

<font color="red">Note: Should anyone does not meet the 30 day challenge, and buys another hair care item, that person must confess the reason why she bought it in the first place. I am gentle, not harsh. Just be honest, that's all. We're in on this together. Good luck to you all. </font>

I'm sorry Babycurls...I don't think this will ever happen for me..
blush.gif

At least not now, there's still some products that I wanted to try.
crazy.gif
Maybe in say, six months...
grin.gif

Do swaps count? Please say no. I'm trying to be good.

I meant product that we paid shipping on. It's free but we still paid something right?

Where's NayNay?
laugh.gif

I have to buy some Smooth and Sleek today because it's on sale. I just can't resist the urge. I really love that stuff!
crazy.gif

The last thing I bought was a bushel of vitamins from Puritan's Pride. I spend $58.66 but I got about 20 bottles of vitamins because of their 3 for 1 sale
grin.gif
. I am trying to create a vitamin regimen, or at least that is my excuse (and I am sticking to it I tell ya!) It just so happens that the tea came in the mail first. I can probably go 30 days without buying products, only because I just finished scratching a major spending itch. You had better make it 90 days for me. This itch comes and goes pretty quickly.

I'll do it. I'm already on my way to recovery since I've not bought any new products in about 2 weeks or possibly more. There is one catch though....I have to be able to run out and get my S-Curl and Pantene cause I run out of those pretty quickly. SO...do staples count?
grin.gif

<font color="purple"> Adrienne, Jazzy, Pebbs, HR, Armyqt, unless you run out of a certain hair care item, whether someone wants to swap with you, it's on sale or not, you can still get it. Don't buy on an impulse, or you'll regret later. I'll give you girls until Wednesday to get what you need for your hair. On Thursday 5-1, the challenge begins. If you can hold off from buying stuff for the hair for the entire month or more, then your reward will be shopping for anything that you need to make your hair beautiful. No vacations or cars here, though. You can shop online, at BSS, or anywhere. I know I can last for the entire month without buying on an impulse. You can too! So let's get ready to save, save, save for the month of May!! Good luck!! </font>
wink.gif

OK, I need this challenge badly. I just bought this, and I seriously need to chill. I am about to run out of Viviscal, though, but prolly not for another two weeks, so sign me up!

OE

OnlyErin, I'm impressed.
smile.gif
Of course I would have bought a niiiice Coach purse for that, though. I do need a new dryer though..hrmm.... I do need help, but I'm new at this haircare thing. I picked up that Herbal Essences Intensive Balm. I only pick up one thing a week. That's not completely bad.
Keeshes.
Help!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
OnlyErin said:
OK, I need this challenge badly. I just bought this, and I seriously need to chill. I am about to run out of Viviscal, though, but prolly not for another two weeks, so sign me up!

OE

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Girlfriend, you really need to take this challenge. $250. for a hair steamer?!?
shocked.gif
I would go bankrupt in a day or two! You got it! </font>

keeshesfromindy said:
OnlyErin, I'm impressed.
smile.gif
Of course I would have bought a niiiice Coach purse for that, though. I do need a new dryer though..hrmm.... I do need help, but I'm new at this haircare thing. I picked up that Herbal Essences Intensive Balm. I only pick up one thing a week. That's not completely bad.
Keeshes.
Help!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Just as long as you buy one more item before the challenge begins on Thursday, Keesh. That's all. And we're here to help you along the way. I agree with what you said about paying that much for a hair steamer. Not a Coach handbag, but a designer outfit in Beverly Hills. Owwwwwwwwwwwch!!!!!
shocked.gif
</font>

Okay--I want to TRY this challenge. It seems fair--if we run out, we can get more. Hmmmm. When does it start though? I actually logged on to the net just now to possibly buy a conditioner. Maybe this is a sign--that I shouldn't
blush.gif

Supergirl said:
Okay--I want to TRY this challenge. It seems fair--if we run out, we can get more. Hmmmm. When does it start though? I actually logged on to the net just now to possibly buy a conditioner. Maybe this is a sign--that I shouldn't
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">You can get the conditioner right now. But on Thursday 5-1, we begin the month long challenge. Can you handle it, Supergirl? </font>

I'm with ya girl! I didn't even buy the conditioner. The $7.00 shipping turned me off--guess that's good huh?

Supergirl said:
I'm with ya girl! I didn't even buy the conditioner. The $7.00 shipping turned me off--guess that's good huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Oh o.k. I have until Thursday to stock up on my items? Good.
I can do this. Can we do it for 4 weeks first? Let me know what you think.

Where's my girl NayNay?? I have to get her to try this again. This time just for 2 weeks at a time (in her case) and see how it goes.
laugh.gif
What say you girl?
wink.gif

So start date is 1 May. That's good. I'll be able to pick up a few more staples then before this challenge begins.

Keeshesfrommindy, I also picked up the Herbal Essence Intenseive Blends Creme Leave-In yesterday along with the Clairol 5x conditioner (it was right next to my Pantene
grin.gif
). Oh I also bought the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and the restructurizer leave-in and my beloved S-curl. I wanna try that Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals intensive conditioner that someone posted about. I'll try to find that today. Other than that, I'm good on supplements. The only thing I can see myself purchasing during the month is maybe some conditioner and my S-Curl
grin.gif

Let's do this
grin.gif

<font color="purple">Sure! Let's see if we can last 4 weeks on this. I sure hope NayNay can do this. Can you do me a favor and page her to see if she can try the challenge again? I'll even let her go without buying hair items for 2 weeks at a time. Then if she can do it without giving in on her shopping weakness, I'll add 2 more weeks to see if she'll last. Done deal? Thanx, Pebbs. </font>

BabyCurls,

May I also join you guys? I have entered the Clairol suite of madness. I was looking at Armyqt's post about that leave-in product and realized: well, maybe I will pick it up this week. It's on my list
grin.gif
So, I better do it by Wednesday....then 4 weeks...I am ready!

$250 for a hair dryer???????? oh, my
shocked.gif
That's my grocery bill for about 1.5 months.

~Jade~

<font color="purple">Yeah, that's most of what my mom pays for her groceries, too. The Clairol madness got you too, huh? You're more than welcome to join us on this challenge. Think you can resist the urge? Say with me, yes, yes, yes, yeeeeeesssssss!!!!! </font>

Okay okay, before when I said I was going to go 90 days, that was practice because I just bought some more vitamins. Now I'm REALLY going to go 90 days without making anymore purchashes.
grin.gif

Oh! I didn't see the part where it said you can shop until Wednesday so I guess I didn't cheat. In all fairness, I will explain what I bought and why anyway. I bought a six month's supply of Viviscal for the challenge, and also as a back up for my vitamin regimen. It costs $250 (free shipping) which I didn't think was a bad price. I figured most women here probably spend more than $250 for a six month supply of their individual vitamins so I am probably saving tons of money and I only have to take two pills a day instead of 10 or 12. This will help me alot for the challenge. So, you see, it was for a good reason, but then again, is there ever a BAD reason to a product junkie?

Babycurls,
This was a great idea. It doesn't start until Wednesday? Good I want to buy some Clairol 5x and Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm.

Can I join?

Jen

grin.gif
lol baby curls thanks for the advance warnin coz it gives me enough time to go and shop for the next month or so
grin.gif
coz i tell myself i wont buy anything and then some1 recomends it here and i tell myself i'm goin to jus check it out and b4 i kno it, i've paid for it and am walkin out the shop or worse case scenario is wen i'm walkin out the shop and i swear i can hear it callin my name
frown.gif

Hey Wednesday's not fair! I get paid Wednesday night and by the time that happens all the shops are closed. Can you make mine for Friday? I swear I'll be good.

Back