Problem hair needs advice pleaz

Miosy

I think I am breaking my ends /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I have two problems
1. When my hair grows, the ends get very pointy and easily tangles. You can see it from the first pic.
2. I cut about 1-2 inches but I noticed that my ends seem thinner than my last progress pic in my album.

So,I'm trying to figure what I am doing wrong. This is my weekly regime.

-I wash 2X a week with deep conditioning
-I only wet comb because when I dry comb I get a lot of breakage
-I flat iron maybe every 4-6 weeks.
-My daily styles is a loose bun

May I also add that I have been texturizing for about one year now and a good 2-3 inches towards the ends is bone straight hair.

I'm debating if I should cut 3 inches off /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Help! Brutally honest opinions are welcomed too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://public.fotki.com/Miosy/problem_pictures/

42.gif

You're hair is beautiful it looks good to me, are you moisturizing your ends well especially when you wear your bun to keep them from drying out. My friend went through the same thing and she started putting a castor oil and coconut mix on her ends and they look a whole lot better.

Your hair looks great to me. How many week post touch up are you? Once I get more than 8 weeks post touch up my new growth gets super thick and it makes my ends look thinner. I resist the urge to trim/cut until I get a touch up. Ususally my hair look completely different with a touch up.

Miosy, are you using any protein products or anything that prevents shedding/breakage?

As for cutting off the 3 inches, I would wait until I could find a solution for the breakage, otherwise, you may cut off the length, but still have the problem. I did a huge chop once and regreted it terribly. Try frequent dustings instead.

Thanks for replying /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll try to answer everyone's question.

Simplycee: That was right after I touched up @ 10 wks /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Webby: I still shed like a dog especially when I am 7 weeks and beyond. I take hair vitamins once in a while and it slows the shedding somewhat. The breakage, I am not sure what is causing it. My ends aren't dry, they seem pretty moisturized. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mytilpn: I'll try the coconut and castor oil mix /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OMG! Your hair is getting close to waist! If you just stay away from those darn scissors you may have been there my now!

You ends looked fine in the before pic. Maybe you should have tried to save them before cutting and use cutting as a last resort.

Moisy, I have told you a million times your hair looks great! I don't see what you are talking about!

Don't make me have to come your way and take your scissors away and /images/graemlins/spank.gif /images/graemlins/spank.gif

...I am done now!!

-DSD

Your hair is really thick & pretty.
Get those dang scissors out of your hands. /images/graemlins/spank.gif

I don't have much of an advice...just wanted to say you have beautiful hair. Ok maybe just a little suggestion..lol. My ends were breaking before but the problem was the Surge. So, I also started using castor oil and unbraid/scurl on the ends and they are fine now.

Okay, I feel better now. You Guys lifted my spirits /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I guess I'm being too paranoid.

DSD & Cowgirl, I am addicted to scissors /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'll try to control myself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I feel better now. You Guys lifted my spirits /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I guess I'm being too paranoid.

DSD & Cowgirl, I am addicted to scissors /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'll try to control myself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you are!!

Miosy, your hair looks great. It may be seasonal shedding or you may be anemic. I want to thank you for the pm you sent about using cholesterol as a pretreatment. Girl I am about 2 inches from brastrap. The baggie method also works wonder on ends.

don't cut that beautiful hair! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif It looks like you have a good regime. If you want more thickness, wait until it gets longer before trimming those thin ends so you can really see a difference in your hair. Maybe cut down on the amount you wash your hair...maybe once a week. Just be patient, everything will come together for your hair in the long run! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back