Pressing extra coarse hair

Mena

I need to do my sisters hair tonight. I never have a problem getting my hair straight and blending it with my weave. However, I have a hard time doing her hair. I think it is because her hair is thicker/coarser than mine in the front. Any advice on getting her hair straight. She never has a problem when she goes to the shop. So it just me doing something wrong. :ohwell:

I need to do my sisters hair tonight. I never have a problem getting my hair straight and blending it with my weave. However, I have a hard time doing her hair. I think it is because her hair is thicker/coarser than mine in the front. Any advice on getting her hair straight. She never has a problem when she goes to the shop. So it just me doing something wrong. :ohwell:

Im know im no help, OT...I just read your top 10 for Rhinna, and its hillarious.....Sorry im not help about your issue. Quietely walks out the thread, hoping OP doesn't see me.

I have very coarse hair too.

What tools/products are you using on her?

I use a maxiglide on setting 5, which is about 350 degrees I'd guess... the steam burst is very handy, but I guess I could get the job done without it.

One of the things that makes my hair come out nicely is going kind of slow with the flat iron. Not so that it's sitting on any one piece of your hair for any extended amount of time, but just slow down a little bit. The smaller the sections, the better the result. I also find that one swipe is just not enough for my hair. Tried it and my hair was like "and what do you think that's really supposed to do?" and it decided to try and revert within an hour. Each section I go over 2 or 3 times.

You should try pinkskates tension blow- dry method first. Then straighten, with the iron, in smaller sections. As your straightening, try holding the hair taut again so that you are doing most of the work and not the straightening iron. If it comes out bigger than you'd like, lightly oil with a penetrating oil and do the saran wrap treatment. If you dont have saran wrap, use a scarf.

HTH

Back