Preparing for hair coloring

Jenaee

I'm getting my hair dyed on Friday at a salon and am wonering if there are anythings I should do prior to going such as protien treatment or DC?

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

thats wat I do: i do a protein treatment the wash day before I color: it helps protect against damage: also after I dye: i make sure i use the whole bottle of conditioner that comes w/ the applicator but i'm sure the hairdresser has top of the line stuff

A tip for successfully coloring your hair at home is to prepare your hair a few days ahead of time. That means, three days before you plan on coloring your hair, give your locks a "deep conditioning." You can buy deep conditioning creme rinses that will do the trick.

The conditioner will help protect your hair and scalp from the hair coloring chemicals you're about to use. It will also help the color to "take" better.

ITA with a protein treatment (always follow up with a moisure conditioner) BEFORE colouring about a week or 2 later do a hardcore protein treatment (like the hard Aphogee) and always do a final rinse out with cold water, good luck and keep us updated on your colour:) Also try and use products for coloured/ damanged hair, loreal has a good line for coloured hair but ask your colorist as well...

Thanks ladies for all your suggestions!

Can you all recommend a good, light protien treatment to do before. I'll do my normal hardcore Aphogee treatment about 2 weeks after the color.

Back