Predict the next trend

krissyhair

I personally believe that hair forums are the breeding grounds for desirable consumer hair products.

From keratin fillers, co-cleansers, argan oil, and natural hair product lines, some of the trends begin here.

What do you think a trend in future hair products will be? I forsee amla oil products, and more commercialized Indian inspired products, the return of hair grease and some kind of super technology hydrating gel type product.

jherri curl remix.

that's what happened after the last "natural" wave in the 70s. After everyone was rocking their natural hair as fros, folks got the curls! I guess people wanted their hair to have a certain curl pattern other than their own, so they opted for jherri curls. texture envy :lol:

i think it will make a comeback but in some other form. :grin:

Transitioning type products to manage two textures

Mainstream henna and indigo based dyes without bleaches and peroxides

jherri curl remix.

that's what happened after the last "natural" wave in the 70s. After everyone was rocking their natural hair as fros, folks got the curls! I guess people wanted their hair to have a certain curl pattern other than their own, so they opted for jherri curls. texture envy :lol:

i think it will make a comeback but in some other form. :grin:

You know I was just thinking about this...oh the evolution of our hair trends...and how it drives the commercial industry.

Like a hybrid relaxer/keratin straightener?

I think companies will claim that their relaxers are "infused with keratin" to "retain strength and repair hair" during the relaxer process. I have a background in marketing and can totally see this going down... :look:

I think companies will claim that their relaxers are "infused with keratin" to "retain strength and repair hair" during the relaxer process. I have a background in marketing and can totally see this going down... :look:

OT: that gif in your signature is too funny! I keep watching it over and over again cracking up! :lachen:

On topic: maybe pills that make your hair grow straight from the scalp or relax the curl pattern. I'm honestly surprised that one hasn't hit the market yet. I know people take certain medications for other reasons and they find that the texture of their hair changes (although most of the time it seems worse).:ohwell:

OT: that gif in your signature is too funny! I keep watching it over and over again cracking up! :lachen:

On topic: maybe pills that make your hair grow straight from the scalp or relax the curl pattern. I'm honestly surprised that one hasn't hit the market yet. I know people take certain medications for other reasons and they find that the texture of their hair changes (although most of the time it seems worse).:ohwell:

LOL--thanks Muse! I'm sometimes watch the gif myself and chuckle --- it just doesn't get old no matter how many times I watch it.

It's funny how we have technology that allows us to talk face to face wirelessly from thousands of miles away yet there is no technology out there that allows US to choose what texture of hair we want. Maybe somedays I want to a TWA and other days I want my hair to be bone straight…. WHEN will I be able to CHOOSE? LOL! :grin:

non-toxic permanent hair color that doesn't have long term health implications to stylists or clients, also doesn't damage hair.

a relaxer, hair color, or curly perm that will be able to discern based on curl pattern, hair type, texture, density how to deliver the perfect amount of straightening/ curl/ color deposits without under/overprocessing or causing damage or scalp irritation.

Do any of you veterans recall the hype over coconut milk as a "natural relaxer?" Relaxed ladies claimed it helped loosen their new growth, well I think the same is going to happen. There is going to a healthy food out there that naturals and long term stretchers claim to help loosen their new growth without permanently altering the hair.

I think there will be more hair, body hybrid products.

Sulfate free moisturizing body wash and hair cleanser.

Head to toe hair and body butter

Scalp and facial skin hydrating toner

Back