Prayer for Japan Hawaii and California

Minx

My sisters in Christ,

The Lord just placed it on my heart to pray for the people of Japan..... an earthquake, followed by an enormous tsunami hit them this morning/late last night and left the area in much destruction and the death toll is rising.

In moments, Hawaii is expecting to be hit, and then coastal parts of California....

I am very concerned for all of these lives; I have already started praying, and I ask that you will too.

Thank you,
Minx

Before dawn, from the very beginning of hearing this news our family has been praying.

We're also praying that the foolishness of people will not harm nor sacrifice the lives of others.

There are many people that are not taking these warnings seriously and are remaining ashore to await the waves to take pictures and videos. :nono:

However, this is not fair to the Rescurers and the precious lives of those who will need help. Some folks can be so careless and selfish during times like this, putting others lives and safety at risk.

So my prayers extend to the innocent ones that they will not fall victim to the foolishness of those who do not take heed to warnings to take proper percautions. :Rose:

^^^Shimmie,
You are so right. I saw footage of ppl still on the beaches. Trying to line up so they can be interviewed and get that book and t-shirt deal:nono:. Then first responders have to go save them and may lose their lives in the process:fistshake:. Lord help us silly sheep that we are!

^^^Shimmie,
You are so right. I saw footage of ppl still on the beaches. Trying to line up so they can be interviewed and get that book and t-shirt deal:nono:.

Then first responders have to go save them and may lose their lives in the process:fistshake:.
Lord help us silly sheep that we are!
Each time I hear of the death of a Rescuer, I break and cry.... :cry:

Someone has lost a husband, their 'Daddie', a son, a brother, a best friend...

I get very upset over the foolishness of those who created unnecessary work for them.

Father God, please have mercy and protection upon our Rescurers and those loving Good Samaritains and neighbours, who also sacrifice their lives to help those in need and never once question how or why their need happened.

I have been praying since I got up. Just saw some videos and I was fighting back tears. I asked the Lord to cover and protect the rescuers, as well as comfort those that have lost loved ones, or don't know where there loved ones are. Just looking at the pictures/videos put a hole in my heart.

You guys are so right, CNN just showed images of a beach in Cali and it looks deceivingly normal and perfect but we know what happened in Indonesia. I prayed for Japan first thing this morning and will pray for Hawaii and Cali. I'm also going to start praying as much as I can for all the lives that will be affected and lost by all these birth pangs that will only become worse.. I want to pray that God will soften hearts by His will and open their eyes to the truth...if any seeds of the gospel have been planted in their hearts, that they will take root and those that have not will get on their knees and cry out to Christ for salvation and complete peace.

Japan is not only in my heart but it is my heart -- one of my most favorite places on earth. My thoughts and prayers have been with Japan for several hours now, and I will continue.

You guys are so right, CNN just showed images of a beach in Cali and it looks deceivingly normal and perfect but we know what happened in Indonesia. I prayed for Japan first thing this morning and will pray for Hawaii and Cali.

I'm also going to start praying as much as I can for all the lives that will be affected and lost by all these birth pangs that will only become worse..

I want to pray that God will soften hearts by His will and open their eyes to the truth...if any seeds of the gospel have been planted in their hearts, that they will take root and those that have not will get on their knees and cry out to Christ for salvation and complete peace.

Beautiful prayer and I am in total agreement with your loving words.

Many people when disaster hits, the first words that come out of their mouths are curse words. I'm not condemning them :nono:, not at all. it's just that the words should be "Jesus", who can and will save them on one way or another.

I thank God for what you've shared about their hearts being softened and allowing the seeds of the Gospel to take root in their hearts, for a curse word won't mean a hill of beans against a gianormous tsunomi wave, who shows no mercy or fear of 4 letter words. There are no [uttered]'damns' strong enough to hold back such a wave.

Thanks so much for your 'Loving prayer', Lovely... I will continue to pray this. :Rose:

Japan is not only in my heart but it is my heart -- one of my most favorite places on earth. My thoughts and prayers have been with Japan for several hours now, and I will continue.

:bighug: Praying with you extra prayers. :Rose:

I have been praying since I got up. Just saw some videos and I was fighting back tears.

I asked the Lord to cover and protect the rescuers, as well as comfort those that have lost loved ones, or don't know where there loved ones are. Just looking at the pictures/videos put a hole in my heart.

Amen, 'sweet' lady. My heart breaks for the lost loved ones; especially for the children who cannot fend for themselves.

I have been praying since I saw the news. My best friend since childhood is stationed in Japan she and her DH and kids are in the AirForce. She keeps us posted on FB. I am praying for them.

Hawaii and California were 'spared'.

There was some damage on the shores of Kaui in Hawaii which involved damage to boating vessels and many fish were cast ashore. However no human lifes were lost or harmed.

The evacuation has been lifted, however people are being asked to stay off of the beaches as the officials are still 'monitoring' the earthquake.

Praise God for His grace and mercy. :Rose:

Nuclear emergencies now...please pray that electricity is restored soon and that they can contain the radiation. Dear L-rd!!! This is just awful.

Standing in agreement the prayers already presented. God help your people in Japan. Send help to those that are lost and trapped Lord under debri. Send the resources needed to assist them in this disaster. Praying that they cry out to you and that you would speak your peace into their hearts.

Praying for all those who are affected by this terrible tragedy. These incidences will be more and more common as our world is coming to an end. So thank you Minx for imploring us to pray. May we stay on our knees and know that God is in control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t5YhOJ_6PI

Last edited:
@OP...thank you for this thread. The prayers from the saints for the nations, especially is that area of Japan, is so important...there is more to all of this than we realize:nono:

Back