Post your "real" Deep Conditoners with or without protein

la flaca

Now we all know the differece betwen a conditioner and a Deep conditioners. So, what's next? We need to go shopping:)
Please ladies post your deep conditioners so we are clear of what we need to get.

I have some (those that can be use for more than 15 minutes and with heat/cap)

1. Elasta Qp Intense Fortifying Moisture
2. Sole and Cinnamon Hair conditioner Cream
3. Pantene Breakage Defense
4. Carol's daughter Tui Hair Smoothie
5. ORS Hair Mayonnaise
6. ORS Replanishing Pak
7. Hask Placenta

These I've already ordered and it says you should use it with heat and for more than 15 minutes
HENNA QUEENN Sapota Cream Conditioner
HENNA QUEENN The Garlic Treatment
HENNA QUEENN Cinnamon Conditioner
HENNA QUEENN Honey and Milk Conditioner for Dry Hair

Last edited:
la flaca said:
I have nexxus humectress and it says to leave in for 3 minutes, so I am not sure this is a DC:confused: :confused:

I always leave it on for 30 minutes or more. Whoops I meant the generic nexxus humectress. I need to edit my post.

My favorites:
Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Mask
Ouidad Deep Treatment
Prive Intensive Mask
Phi-ten Repair Treatment
Kerastase Vita-Ciment
Dudley's DRC-28
Kerastase Vita-Ciment
Terax Crema

mizani moisture infuse and alter ego garlic treatment, these are my staples for life because they work period! and i've tried a WHOLE LOT:)

Ion Reconstructor Treatment
Nexxus Keraphix
Nexxus Humectress
ORS Pak
Pantene Breakage Defense Mask
Silk Elements MegaCholesterol
Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment

la flaca said:
I have nexxus humectress and it says to leave in for 3 minutes, so I am not sure this is a DC:confused: :confused:

In my opinion any good conditioner can be a DC. I don't pay much attention to the directions lisrted on a bottle. IMHO the directions only give you the MINIMUM results, that last very short so you can keep using and buying the product which = more money for them.

I say screw the directions and use it the best way for you. There is no way I would DC for 3 minutes. No way. My hair wouldn't even have enough time to absorb all the conditioner.

Phytojoba Mask - a great moisturizing deep conditioner - I'm loving this one. Phyto Karite mask is also very good, but I'm grooving on Phytojoba right now.

Ojon Restorative - needs the hydrating shampoo and conditioner after, but works great to keep hair in excellent condition.

My jury is still out on the deep protein conditioner - I am ging to try Aveda Damage Remedy Restorative or Fekkei Protein Rx Mask. The use of protein was one of my areas of mistake, and I have not yet decided on a product.

I'm with you on this one, I actually need to take a look at all my DC, because most of them say intensive treatment but only say leave for 3/5 or 10 min. and there is nothing intense about that, lol.
LocksOfLuV said:
In my opinion any good conditioner can be a DC. I don't pay much attention to the directions lisrted on a bottle. IMHO the directions only give you the MINIMUM results, that last very short so you can keep using and buying the product which = more money for them.

I say screw the directions and use it the best way for you. There is no way I would DC for 3 minutes. No way. My hair wouldn't even have enough time to absorb all the conditioner.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I'm with you on this one, I actually need to take a look at all my DC, because most of them say intensive treatment but only say leave for 3/5 or 10 min. and there is nothing intense about that, lol.
In the other thread about this subject, it talks about the conditioners ability to penetrate as way to distinguish "real" dc from instant conditioners.

Oh Okay, well I haven't been on the board lately so I probably missed that one, I guess the ones I'm using are real DC then because they penetrate excellent when used w/heat. I use mainly dominican conditioners which are:

Praital Silk worm
Miss Key Wheat Germ Oil
Silicone Mix
Emergencia
Nexus Humectress

I use them w/heat for 10-20 min depending on what my hair needs at the time.
OnAHairQuest said:
In the other thread about this subject, it talks about the conditioners ability to penetrate as way to distinguish "real" dc from instant conditioners.

OnAHairQuest said:

most of the ingredients found in deep conditioners are also found in many "instant" conditioners

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner
Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisterizer

Both of those are staples for me. :yep:

I use Miss Key SUPER 10 en 1 comditioner which is a true deep conditioner moisture/protien balance u leave it in for 10-15 min with or without heat( I love it)....I just bought LAMAUR Bone Marrow Deep Penetrating Treatment (thanks for the info on this Brownie518) which is a true deep conditioner. moisture. u leave it in for 10-20 min with plastic cap with or without heat( I havent tried this yet )

Last edited:
LocksOfLuV said:

Girl, I have been saying that but no one seems to agree. I am glad to hear I am not the only one!!! Most of my conditioner can be deep conditioners. Some don't even work as well unless I do use heat for at least 15 min.

NTM Hair Masque or Pantene Damaged Hair Masque for 30-60 minutes followed by ORS Repleneshing Pack then a cool rinse.

HoneyDew said:
Girl, I have been saying that but no one seems to agree. I am glad to hear I am not the only one!!! Most of my conditioner can be deep conditioners. Some don't even work as well unless I do use heat for at least 15 min.

It's okay HD, I agree with you.

I read those links and it told me NOTHING that I already didn't know. Not to mention those so called "excusive ingredients" that the article mentioned that only DC have were all cones.:perplexed

But, I guess.

LocksOfLuV said:
It's okay HD, I agree with you.

I read those links and it told me NOTHING that I already didn't know. Not to mention those so called "excusive ingredients" that the article mentioned that only DC have were all cones.:perplexed

But, I guess.

I know! My Mane and Tail is GREAT as a deep conditioner. :love: My hair just soaks that up under the dryer. I also like to use my Aveda conditioner as deep conditioners. It's all good in my book.

Back