Post your "real" Deep Conditoners with or without protein

silk elements mayo
silk elements repair mask
silk elements mega cholestral (want to replace with dark and lovely cholestral)
ors replenishing conditioner
nexxus humectress
Mane and Tail original conditioner
aphogee 2 min keratin reconstrutor

Last edited:
Keracare Dry & Itchy (but don't get it in your eyes--ouch!)
Nexxus Emergencee
Blended Beauty
Fiberguard
Aphogee 2-min reconstructor

Everything else I have is really an instant conditioner. I just use it as a deep conditioner.

Last edited:
mango387 said:
I am interested in the Jason's Sea Kelp Conditioner. I noticed in your profile that you have 4a hair. Do you have any 4b patches? If so, how was it on those hair strands?

Hey, I just saw this...my bad. I don't really subscribe to the hair typing theory but for the classification purposes of this site I will say that my hair seems to be 4a. I wouldn't say that I have any 4b strands.

I use Miss Key SUPER 10 en 1 comditioner which is a true deep conditioner moisture/protien balance u leave it in for 10-15 min with or without heat( I love it)....I just bought LAMAUR Bone Marrow Deep Penetrating Treatment (thanks for the info on this Brownie518) which is a true deep conditioner. moisture. u leave it in for 10-20 min with plastic cap with or without heat( I havent tried this yet )

putting both of these on my to-buy list.

I DONT REALLY USE PROTEIN HAVENT FOUND ANY I LIKE IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY GOOD ONES LET ME KNOW....

MY FAVS ARE ALTER EGO GARLIC TREATMENT AND ALTER EGO COCONUT CONDITIONER

My DC's that are paired together stay on my hair longer than 15 minutes

ORS Hair Mayo & Vatika: prepoo DC that stays on for 30 minutes under heat

Biolage Cera Repair Hydratherapie & TAEXO Hair Mask (Italian) &
Kerastase Oleo Relax Mask: DC stays on for at least 15 minutes

I just recently did an oil DC/rinse with the following:
Oils of Amla Gold, Olive, Vatika, Jojoba, Wheat Germ and Sweet Almond.
Oils are heated up first and then I dip my ends in the cup, then pour the oil over my entire hair, shower cap my head and get under the heating cap until the oil is so hot that when it drips on my shoulders I have to run to the tub--about 5-10 minutes on HIGH.

:lick: I love DC's

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and rose
" " White Camellia
pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask (even better with a little keraphix)
motions silk protein conditioner- (15 minutes with heat)
Duo Tex
Silk elements cholesterol

add me to the list, i am number five, i see misinformation often posted on these boards but since i don't have any pictures up no one would probaly listen to me :ohwell:

Add me to the list, number six. I think any condish with good ingredients can be used as DC -- just leave it on long enough. IMHO, a good DC should not have any cones and I see some loaded with cones listed as DC. :ohwell: But that's just me.

I can get excellent DC with couple of whole eggs, honey and EVOO, leave on for 30 minutes and hair is off the hook! Nothing special, just good proteins and good moisturizing ingredients allowed to penetrate hair long enough and voila, DC! The one things I keep looking for is what makes a condish a DC? Just because the label "claims" its a DC or says to leave on 15 minutes? :rolleyes: I would be persuaded if particular ingredients could be identified for effective DCing . . .

Capilo Sole and Cinnamon DC:lick: love that tingle!
Queen Helene Cholesterol with Ginseng and Queen Helene SUPER Cholesterol
Vitale Reconstructor
Nacidit Olive Oil DC
Africa's Best - Organics Hair Mayo
Homemade Avocado & EVOO DC:yep:

So far my favorite DC is Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. The smell is absolutely divine. It leaves my hair (and the bathroom) smelling like heaven :) This is purely for moisture, I use it once a week after doing a light 2min protein treatment with Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor.

Protein:
Affirm 5 in 1
Affirm positive link
Miss Key Avocado and aloe vera tx (hydrolyzed wheat)
Miss Key Barro y Arcilla (hyd wheat, silk, silk aa)
Praital Silkworm (though moisturizing)
Capilo cinnamon and sole (zapote acts like protein on me)
Capilo Whale Sperm (ditto)
Capilo 311

Moisture without protein
Nacidit Avocado
Nacidit Olive Oil
Keracare Humecto
Keracare Moisturizing conditioner for color treated hair

Protein:
Affirm 5 in 1
Affirm positive link
Miss Key Avocado and aloe vera tx (hydrolyzed wheat)
Miss Key Barro y Arcilla (hyd wheat, silk, silk aa)
Praital Silkworm (though moisturizing)
Capilo cinnamon and sole (zapote acts like protein on me)
Capilo Whale Sperm (ditto)
Capilo 311

Moisture without protein
Nacidit Avocado
Nacidit Olive Oil
Keracare Humecto
Keracare Moisturizing conditioner for color treated hair

I so want to try these :yep::yep:. May I ask if you have ever tried the black cream hair treatment by Miss Key? If so, how was it?

thanks in advance,
tishee

I so want to try these :yep::yep:. May I ask if you have ever tried the black cream hair treatment by Miss Key? If so, how was it?

thanks in advance,
tishee

No I haven't. I wouldn't try it either, because of the possibility of color bleeding onto things.

Here are my favorites:

Moisture:
Keracare Humecto
Keracare Dry Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Conditioner
Capilo Milk & Honey

Protein:
ORS Replenishing Pack
Helene's Cholesterol
10 in 1
Biosilk Fruit Cocktail (Reconstructor)

eluence moisture balance
it is so concentrated, you don't need much. it smells so good too, like peaches.
it doesn't have any cones in it either.

Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Mask
Jessicurl WDT
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose+ Aubrey White Camelia

Check out my blog for product reviews!

Back