POST YOUR HAIR WOES!! I'M FED UP

Wolftrap

POST YOUR HAIR WOES!! I\'M FED UP

Ok lately I don't know what in the world to do with my hair so I'm just venting.
4_2_205.gif

So here are my issues:

1. I hate the fact that my kitchen area is about 8 inches long and my hair is 14 inches. It just look ridiculous.

2. I am tired of going to the salon and them telling me "You REALLY need your ends cut" I know they are going to cut a whole lot more than I want and I don't have split ends my hair is just very uneven (see complaint #1) I will cut it when I feel like it dammit!

3. My hair has broken off around the edges from the bantu knots. I was wearing them so often I guess twisting them too tight or something. So now not only is the back of my hair not able to be pulled up smoothly into a ponytail but the front can't be now either.

4. I have decided to do the dreaded "BUN" as much as I have talked about this darn grandma bun I have broken down and finally am going to try it. Except I wanna know do you ladies do your buns like a donut and pin it or do you wrap it like a regular bun? I have been doing it like a donut. I also added some hair sticks. I just can't be granny
wink.gif
and I have for the first time also used the baggie method with my curly phonytail.

5. I am 9 weeks post relaxer and trying to stretch for the 1st time to 12. I am SOO mad at the relaxer I got. I will NEVER use Vitale again. At 9 weeks post relaxer I have such little new growth. I don't know what that perm did to my hair. But it ruined it.

I don't know if I want help or advice or encouragement but right now I don't know what to do. I'm just frustrated as I don't know what with my hair.

Re: POST YOUR HAIR WOES!! I\'M FED UP

I am so sorry that you are having hair woes. I hope tha t it gets better soon. keep babying your hair and being gentle with it as you moisturize and condition it. i sugguest that you wear a protective style until your hair gets a chance to grow and get stronger. This is basically wha t I have had to do for almost 2 years now and trust me I am SICK to death of it! i have had so much hair drama, mistakes and mishaps that I could write a book about it. But this is about u right now. Do not get your hair cut until you are ready to unless the ends are so badly damaged that it is causing breakage. Just were your hair up, back etc until it is in a better state. Try not to comb it too much and stay awayf from relaxer as long as u can to give it a chance to heal and grow some new hair. I feel your pain. Don't give up!!!!

I feel your pain, Wolftrap. Don't trim until you need it. SHS always want to get in your hair and do their thing.
Join the healthier edges challenge to get them back in shape. I think I heard that was starting up again. Maybe you can get some helpful tips on how to get your edges back to normal.
I'm not a fan of the bun, either. But I've been doing the baggie method for my ends and hiding the bun w/ a phony pony. The phonytail is definately not a grandma look.
smile.gif

Wolftrap I feel your pain. I'm doing the dreaded bun too. I'm on the challenge. I have hair sticks and claw clips because I gotta change up or I'll be tempted to wear my hair down. I can't find a phony pony to match my hair so its buns and updos for me.

The h**l with those SHS! Your hair, your money, YOUR RULES!

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Except I wanna know do you ladies do your buns like a donut and pin it or do you wrap it like a regular bun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I braid my hair, wrap the braid in a circle with the ends tucked under, and pin the braided bun with 2 hair pins.

Woes:
I wore my hair down rollerset straight for a month after the last relaxer (no washing, little combing or moisturizing). As the rollerset aged, I did dry braidouts with just 2 trifling braids.

Now I am SICK AND TIRED of wearing my hair down, so it'll be up in the bun til the next special occasion or touchup. I gotta get back with the Surging, MSM, biotin, and protein supplements if I want to reach bra strap by New Year's. There's been more shedding than I'd like lately, so I'm treating my scalp with garlic oil before each wash. Very blah.

I'm sorry to hear that. I suggest that you are careful even with the buns since you mentioned breakage from the bantu knots. My hair always breaks off when use anything to hold it back (ie. ponytail holders, barretts, combs). And when I use hair clips, my hair breaks them! Go figure.
ohwell.gif
It just likes to be out and free (and wild).

Have you considered trimming yourself?? You can look at your ends and tell if they need to be trimmed
smile.gif
I dont suggest holding off on the trim if they look bad, because they will keep getting worse, and eventually you will have to cut off a lot more than you originally had to
smile.gif

One a brighter side if you decide to trim your hair will definately look healthier, and it will help you retain grow if you are having any problems in that area.

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Except I wanna know do you ladies do your buns like a donut and pin it or do you wrap it like a regular bun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I braid my hair, wrap the braid in a circle with the ends tucked under, and pin the braided bun with 2 hair pins.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair is just collarbone length it is not long enough for that. I guess I'll have to do it like a donut until I am able to wrap it around.

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Have you considered trimming yourself?? You can look at your ends and tell if they need to be trimmed
smile.gif
I dont suggest holding off on the trim if they look bad, because they will keep getting worse, and eventually you will have to cut off a lot more than you originally had to
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But if my hair is not breakign and I don't have split ends then how will they get worse? My hair is uneven that's all so it looks a lot worse than it actually is. People just assume it is damaged but I know its not.

[ QUOTE ]
Queenie said:
I'm sorry to hear that. I suggest that you are careful even with the buns since you mentioned breakage from the bantu knots. My hair always breaks off when use anything to hold it back (ie. ponytail holders, barretts, combs). And when I use hair clips, my hair breaks them! Go figure.
ohwell.gif
It just likes to be out and free (and wild).

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair is the same way which is another reason why I was so anti-bun. My hair is so delicate that too much of anything in it will break it off. I am going to see how these buns are doing. I am tying it up with a satin scruchy so maybe that is helping.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
smile.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But if my hair is not breakign and I don't have split ends then how will they get worse? My hair is uneven that's all so it looks a lot worse than it actually is. People just assume it is damaged but I know its not.

[/ QUOTE ]
So don't get a trim. I thought they were suggesting a trim because your ends were damaged....
I already know stylists like to even your hair up so it can look better once they finishing styling, to keep you coming back
smile.gif

I used Vitale as my last perm and have some of the same problems. My hair shedding has really increased (not seasonal) breakage and dryness. I am upset because I am making the switch from no-lye to lye. I have heard so many good things regarding this perm that I never imagined that I would be going thru this. I don't know what perm I will try next but I don't want to keep switching perms. I am going to add a little extra TLC to my regime and everything will be OK. Right now I am wearing a bun until relaxer time. I refuse to cut my hair unless I really want to.

I used the regular vitale. I have had no problems with shedding but it is the new growth. This perm lasted just entirely too long. I also can no longer wear my hair in the wash and go. Even though I am relaxed my hair used to curl up. I had heard good things about it too and thought it would be fine. Maybe once I reach my goal I can use it again but for right now I want all of my new growth when it is supposed to be there.

Just some questions

1. Did this perm last longer than usual?
2. Was this your first time using it?
3. Did it change the texture of your hair?

Also I was using Creme of Nature Lye and I loved it. I am going to switch back to that and not switch relaxers again for a VERY long time.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Just some questions

1. Did this perm last longer than usual?
2. Was this your first time using it?
3. Did it change the texture of your hair?

Also I was using Creme of Nature Lye and I loved it. I am going to switch back to that and not switch relaxers again for a VERY long time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Answers:
1. My hair was the reverse. The perm did not last long enough. I know the weather is humid here in Georgia but I am 5 weeks post relaxer and my hair is a bush!
mad.gif

2. This was my first time using Vitale - Regular lye.
3. My texture really didn't change - I noticed that I did not have much shine and elasticity as before.

Wolftrap I am really upset over this because I don't want to switch back to no-lye but I don't want to keep changing perms.
frown.gif

This really upset me too because I have in the past been able to use different perms. (All but optimum) A week later I my hair reverted. But I think that you will be ok with a little TLC and its ok the next time you get a touch up to use something different. I like creme of nature but a lot of the ladies on the board seem to favor Affirm. I have not tried that one. I am just going to stick with what I know and Creme of Nature has been good to me. But stay away from the Vitale. I don't know what the heck was in that perm but it didn't agree with my hair. You know come to think of it I wonder if my hair breakage is due to this? I thought it was the bantu knots. But now I am going to have to reconsider.

To get my hair back in shape I have been using the bun. I just started using WGO mixed with castor oil and some coconut oil, I am using surge and I have just discovered NTM which I am loving. So all of that hopefully will have my hair back in shape by the end of the year. I plan on wearing my hair up until December. I do not like the fact that I can stretch this relaxer with so much ease. It is really concerning me. And not to mention all those little hairs that keep sticking up now that my hair is broken off. Even the lets Jam gel is not keeping them down and I have switched to EQP glaze and that stuff I'm not sure if it is absorbing or not. Its so thick

Well hey, girl.......I feel your pain too. And I know what can help cheer you up..........:).........knowing that we go through the same stuff. Here go some of my woes:

1. I want my hair to hurry up and grow to a chin-length blunt cut bob.

2. I'm sick of these damn braids (ya'll still do the pottymouth thing right?)

3. These braids better not wreck my hair-line!!!

4. I'm...............tired of these damn braids.......lol

Ok, I'll think of more. Trust me, I had plenty when I did the natural hair-styling thing.

One reason why I didn't do braids and won't even though I know my hair will grow the fastest like that is becase I can't take them. I would be ready to rip them out in like a week. I just have gotten so used to looking at my hair and washing it frequently and everything. Braids would drive me up the wall

Wolftrap,
How about a french braid or two french braids as an alternative to the bun? I do that a lot, sometimes I tuck it under and add a cute hair accessory and sometimes i wear it untucked. As simple as it is I actually get compliments on it. Also, a phony pony is a nice way to change it up once in a while...

I feel your pain Wolf...

Here are mine....

1. I'm still getting breakage from all the coloring. I'm wondering if I'm going to HAVE to cut my hair a lot more just to get it growing again.

2. Because of all the breakage, and despite much conditioning, I'm retaining very little length.

3. As if that's not bad enough - my seasonal shedding is beginning. MORE lost hair.

4. I don't have the conditioners I REALLY want to use, and the ones I have aren't cutting it. And I STILL can't find space for them all.
ohwell.gif
This is what happens when you're a PJ..... *sigh*

I'm sorry about your hair woes
frown.gif
. Here are mine:

1. The darned stuff won't grow fast enough
2. I have breakage in the front and NO CLUE why
3. Too much shedding since my last relaxer...and again no clue why. I thought I hadn't been neutralized properly, so I bought some neutralizing shampoo and did it several times myself. Still shedding
frown.gif

Sorry to hear about the hair problems. Since we are throwing a pity party, here are mine:

1) I am sooooo tired of my natural hair fighting the relaxed ends which leads to a lot of breakage, but I'm not ready to BC because I don't think I can do short hair.

2) Because of this, I feel like I'm in this torturous state of never ending limbo.

3) I HATE wash day because it takes soooooo long to get it under control.

Here's mine:
SHEDDING!!! My seasonal shedding and breakage is starting already and I am not ready for the amount of hair I see in the sink. I know it will be ok cuse I go throuigh this every year. I usually lose eoungh that I end up cutting off an inch of hair to make it look thicck again. Hopefully the no heat challenge will make a difference this year.
whyme.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Ok lately I don't know what in the world to do with my hair so I'm just venting.
4_2_205.gif

So here are my issues:

1. I hate the fact that my kitchen area is about 8 inches long and my hair is 14 inches. It just look ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason i did a mini cut yesterday. because my nape hair was a different length from my other hair and it had grown a tail -- making my hair look thinner to me. I trimmed my hair and evened it out all over.

I still have a slight length difference between the rest of my hair and the length of my nape hair but it looks so much better and i'm figuring that it will all catch up by the end of December. I know you dont want to do it but maybe just take 1/2 inch off per month until you have your hair evened out all over. I know it can get frustrating but HTH -- jainygirl

here are mine:
1. my hair doesn't seem to be growing as much as it usually does
2. i went to the salon to get my hair done for a special occassion. the lady was in a bad mood, didn't feel like blow drying my hair and took it out on my hair. she was raking this brush through my hair extremely rough and now my hair looks a mess. i was trying to hold on to it but i don't think i can. so i will probably end up getting about 2 inches cut off
frown.gif

3. my hair seems to be shedding more and breaking in the front.
4. i can't care for my hair like i used to since i'm back in the dorm. can't do my three conditioners at shampoo day
frown.gif
i really want to go back home. i think i might just cut down and wash and condition when i go home, which will be every 2 or 3 weeks :/
5. i'm also paranoid that my scalps pores are clogged after reading that nioxin thread, but dont want to buy the products
laugh.gif

here are mine:

1. my hair has basically been the same length for almost a year. i think i've reached my ultimate length, which isn't bad, but i really wanted to get to tailbone length. plus i got a 1½" trim a few weeks ago because my ends looked raggedy to me. so i'm going in the wrong direction. lol.

2. my hair sheds bad year round. i'm not sure why, but nothing i've tried has made it better.

3. i miss wearing braids. if i got them now, they'd be too heavy. i was thinking of trying cornrows but see #4.

4. my psoriasis is out of control. it's been bad for about three months. so i can't get cornrows.

that's about it. i'm better now.
smile.gif

Not growing fast enough! Not growing fast enough! Not growing fast enough! That's my story and I am sticking to it until it gets to the waist!!!lol
lachen70.gif
Bonjour

I'm annoyed that my twists are unravelling from the middle (where my permed hair starts) it's messing up the style, so are the permed ends sticking out of the twists!! What's a girl to do?

I'm impatient, and what a long full head of natural hair asap, when in reality it will take at least 20-24months.

Other than that, it's cool.
x

My woes:

1. I been the same length for the last 2 retouches(6 months).

2. I have dry hair no matter what I use from the cheapest to the most expensive.

3. And worst of all, my hair in the front stands up. It will not lay down.
antlers.gif

I am glad to see I'm not the only one with hair woes. But ladies I did have one good thing happen to me. For the first time I decided to try the baggie method. I did it with vaseline and put a phony pony over it. When I took my hair down last night to wash it OH MAN my hair was SOOO incredibly soft. It has never felt like this before. And when I washed it I lost not ONE hair. My hair didn't shed at all. This made me so happy. So the baggie method may just be my key to keeping my ends healthy and retaining my length. I was so worried because if feels like I've been just below shoulder length for so long. Thanks Ladies

Back