POST YOUR HAIR WOES!! I'M FED UP

Re: POST YOUR HAIR WOES!! I\'M FED UP

My Woes:

My hair is shedding like it has never shed before!! The only difference is that I moved from VA to FL. I started going to my old stylist in Fl and she gave me a relaxer and put a black rinse in my hair. I have no idea what to do..I am getting tired of seeing all my hair all over the floor though...... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SORRY FOR EVERYONES WOES!!!!
MY WOES:
1. WISH MY NAPE AREA WAS THE SAME LENGTH AS MY OVERALL LENGTH.
2. THIN ENDS!!!
3. WHAT'S UP WITH THE LITTLE KNOTS AND TANGLES???

I understand. I too am fed up /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif~!

Please explain to me WHY:
1. My bang area and sides in the front stay basically the same length /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

2. My hair air dries in a curly bush and my hair is relaxed

3. the right side of my hair grows faster then the left

4. I shed tremendously in the winter

5. My hair isn't growing FAST ENOUGH! I WANT more GROWTH!!! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

This thread is right up my alley!!!

1) I gave myself an Affirm relaxer (Normal strength) and its only 75% straight. This is my second applaication of this perm. I'm considering going back to no lye b/c I know that I will be "Kanky" in 2-3 weeks

2) I shed like a dog

3) My hair does not appear to be growing

On the positive side:
My ends look good

2)

Whoa, how did I miss this thread?!? Issues:

1. My hair is shedding like crazy since I switched to Deep Brilliance lye relaxer.
2. I am so tired of trying new conditioners! Cant live w/em cant live w/o em ....Talk about PJism in effect
3. The sides of my hair is not keeping up with the rest
4. The bun is a nuisance, when you sit up in bed and watch tv or lean your head back in the car!! /images/graemlins/flyingwitch.gif

Thanx for listening

1. My kitchen area is about 2 inches long and the rest is anywhere from 9 to 11 inches.
2. My hair ranges in length from 9 to 11 inches. Can I get one length please.
action-smiley-021.gif

3. My hair grows at a
animal-smiley-071.gif
pace. I mean I am 7 weeks post relaxer, can I see more growth
unknw.gif

4. Trying to put my barely touching shoulders hair in a bun. Who wants to walk around with a bun the size of a gumball?
action-smiley-001.gif

5. My hair is SHEDDING like crazy. This is the time of year that it normally does this, but it is annoying.

Woes:

I hate my hair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I hate hating my hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I hate hating that I hate my hair. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I hate being a loon. /images/graemlins/nuts.gif
I’m in a bad mood…because of my hair…which I hate. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif
And of course I hate hating that… /images/graemlins/angry2.gifargh Oh F it. /images/graemlins/censored.gif

BAD:
Because of my almost 2in thicking trim, my hair has been this length for 6 months.

Breakage. My hair hasn't broke off for YEARS and all of a sudden I'm seeing lil pieces on my hands after I moisturize.

I'm tired of my hair, and I've gotten lazy, hence why it was starting to break.

All the treatments,washing,conditioning and worrying I've had to do to correct my breakage.

One side is stronger than the other. The front left side is mainly where the breakage was coming from.

I've done 3 touch-ups in the past 3 months, and I still have a bush of new growth. I'm not experinced applying lye at home, but I'm really good w/ no lye.

Now that I'm almost bra-strap, it doesn't seem that long anymore, and I'm never satisfied.

This ugly ashy, brown color from perming.

GOOD:
It's been really soft lately.

It's growing because it's back to length before the trim.

Feeling it brush against my back to let me know it's there and to be thankful.

[ QUOTE ]
Woes:

I hate my hair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
I hate hating my hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I hate hating that I hate my hair. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I hate being a loon. /images/graemlins/nuts.gif
I’m in a bad mood…because of my hair…which I hate. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif
And of course I hate hating that… /images/graemlins/angry2.gifargh Oh F it. /images/graemlins/censored.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
You sound like me!
Except I don't really actually hate my hair- I HATE THAT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT!
I am SO SICK of this bun and it's pulling out the sides of my hair and i can't wear it looser without making my head look like an egg and i hate straightening my hair and i don't want to straighten it til december and as much as i love looking at twists i cannot and will not wear them and i won't wear a wig, and i do not want to set it in curlers of any size because I DO NOT WANT TO INTERFERE WITH MY HAIR/WEAR IT OUT (no pun intended) - BUT I HATE THIS BUN!!!!!
I've been wearing it for some years now and i am sick, just sick of it. So I'm getting braids soon.

Ok, so that was The bad.

The Good- looks like my hair is still growing strong...
The ugly- MY HAIR!

I think I'm going to look at all the albums i can once again, get some ideas...

Woes:

I've been wearing my hair in a bun even before I discovered this forum,doing the CW's and taking the vitamins, conditioning and moisturizing like crazy, and I am still seeing little broken hairs..... /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

I'm really starting to hate my hair because I can't do anything to it! If I want to straighten myhair, then that means I can't exercise for a week and I'll start to feel gross. If I do exercise, then my hair will look a mess and I'll feel gross. I mean, I don't know what to do!

Then my hair has been shedding soooooo much! It's crazy! In the shower, in the sink, on the floor- hair everywhere! I checked my head, and I've seen no thin areas or bald spots. I still have a lot of hair left, but still. You should see all the hair in my comb. I remember some years ago my hair started shedding badly like this as soon as I had gotten it relaxed. But now, I haven't had relaxer in my hair since May. I wonder why it's starting to shed so much now? I'm worried and depressed. :O(

I just looked at you album blue-flower and your hair is BEAUTIFUL. It is so full and thick. I am sorry you are troubled with it right now, but I had to tell you how great your hair looks.

My Fubu hair oil arrived in the mail this morning. I transfered it to an applicator bottle and put a little TOO much on my scalp.

Now the nape of my neck and my bun is dripping oil.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really starting to hate my hair because I can't do anything to it! If I want to straighten myhair, then that means I can't exercise for a week and I'll start to feel gross. If I do exercise, then my hair will look a mess and I'll feel gross. I mean, I don't know what to do!

Then my hair has been shedding soooooo much! It's crazy! In the shower, in the sink, on the floor- hair everywhere! I checked my head, and I've seen no thin areas or bald spots. I still have a lot of hair left, but still. You should see all the hair in my comb. I remember some years ago my hair started shedding badly like this as soon as I had gotten it relaxed. But now, I haven't had relaxer in my hair since May. I wonder why it's starting to shed so much now? I'm worried and depressed. :O(

[/ QUOTE ]

OH...MY...GOD BLUEFLOWER /images/graemlins/love.gif
Switch with me!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH...MY...GOD BLUEFLOWER /images/graemlins/love.gif
Switch with me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okaaayyy! But you'll be crying to switch back! ;-)

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at you album blue-flower and your hair is BEAUTIFUL. It is so full and thick. I am sorry you are troubled with it right now, but I had to tell you how great your hair looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. My hair doesn't look that good all the time though. Sometimes I'm too lazy to do anything with it. ;-)

Biggest hair woe -- my ends soak up moisture like a sponge. I have to moisturize my ends when I wake up in the morning, during the day at work, when I get home (baggie treatment), and before I go to bed. Now, with all this moisturizing going on, my ends should feel like butta! But no, I awaken the next morning to start the routine over again!!! I spending a small fortune on moisturizer. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

Your hair is breaking off because you're transitioning. Where the two different textures of hair meet, that's where your hair is the weakest and any stress on that causes breakage. So perhaps it's time to cut off some or all of the texturized or relaxed hair if you want to get rid of the breakage. HTH

I'm so bored at this point. I have achieved some goals...like going from neck to shoulder length and improving the over all health of my hair...but the difference btwn shoulder and bra strap is so far that I feel like I have nothing to talk about and won't for a long time.

I'm tired of washing so frequently especially since it's fall and airdrying isn't going to get it. I'm doing weekly roller sets and no heat in any form in between. It is a challenge to style this hair w/o heat. I start off for 2 days with my hair wrapped by day 3 and 4 it's a frecnch braid day 5 it's a flexi-rod set and then thankfully it's the weekend and I get away with wearing my curls 2 days in a row until Sunday time to wash again.

I can't wait until my hair longer....sigh.

Blue_Flower,

Your increased shedding could be seasonal. I believe that Tracy had mentioned seasonal shedding in a previous claim. What is your regimen while transitioning? Your hair looks beautiful.

my hair has been quite coarse lately. my hair texture is changing every month.
my ends are thinning- really depressing.
my twists are looking fuzzy and unpleasant no matter what. i need a new style. they have never looked so bad for so long before.
will i ever avoid breakage?

i cant wait to try elucence products and pick up more aussie hair insurance. unfortunately, im broke.

[ QUOTE ]
Your hair is breaking off because you're transitioning. Where the two different textures of hair meet, that's where your hair is the weakest and any stress on that causes breakage. So perhaps it's time to cut off some or all of the texturized or relaxed hair if you want to get rid of the breakage. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right. I never thought that texturized hair could break off though. But then again, it is weaker because it is chemically treated. I was thinking about getting it cut anyway next year if my hair length is stuck where it's at by the end of December. I don't have the heart to cut it now. :OS

[ QUOTE ]
Blue_Flower,

Your increased shedding could be seasonal. I believe that Tracy had mentioned seasonal shedding in a previous claim. What is your regimen while transitioning? Your hair looks beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! I haven't been doing anything to my hair. After I shampoo or conditioner rinse, I put it in a lose bun or ponytail. Sometimes I won't do it for days. Then again, maybe it's because I'm scared to see so much hair. But this is the first time since July that I've used heat on my hair.

Ooooooooh. I didn't mention this, but in August I tried to give my self highlights and it was a disaster. A few days later, I dyed it black. Maybe it's the overprocessing, the transitioning breakage, or the seasonal shedding. Maybe it's all three. I don't know. I just wish it would stop.

Back