POST YOUR HAIR WOES!! I'M FED UP

Re: POST YOUR HAIR WOES!! I\'M FED UP

Thanks Wolftrap for starting this thread. I see everyone has alot of the same issues relating to our hair. I am thinking of trying the Cream of Nature and most definitely the Baggie Method. NO MORE VITALE for us!
swearing.gif

i am texturized and am tired of my grandma saying "no one wears their own "real" hair anymore Nicole, why are you going natural?
and my mom giving me the look like "you need to go back to your str8 long look"...

My hair has started shedding a ton of late.Other than that,I'm ok.

I'm annoyed that my hair is only one inch longer than this time last year
mad.gif

I'm subjecting myself to buns for this reason myself.

my vents:

I'm tired of my ends being dry and split. My hair is shorter now that it was 7 months ago.

I wish my hair would retain length. I'm trimming, moisturizing etc. (problem is i need to find a great moisturizer, because my hair sucks moisture right up)

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
my vents:

I'm tired of my ends being dry and split. My hair is shorter now that it was 7 months ago.

I wish my hair would retain length. I'm trimming, moisturizing etc. (problem is i need to find a great moisturizer, because my hair sucks moisture right up)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried doing the baggie method with vaseline? I did this and my ends NEVER were so moisturized before. I think continuing to do this will end your problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
my vents:

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried doing the baggie method with vaseline? I did this and my ends NEVER were so moisturized before. I think continuing to do this will end your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
That or sleeping with a plastic cap on. My goodness my hair felt so silky after I tried this. I put a ton of moisturizer on my hair before putting the cap on
smile.gif

-I got two inches wacked off, and I am scared it won't grow back
laugh.gif

-I am on the verge of giving up because, I am tired of wearing this ugly *** bun
laugh.gif

I washed my hair last night with CON shampoo and deep conditioned with Aubrey's GBP.

When I was rinsing out the conitioner and detangling my hair with the comb soooo much came out. Every time I pass the comb through it hair just kept coming out!
frown.gif
That ruined my whole night and my entire day today, I'm still in a bad mood, lol

I swear, sometimes I just feel like chopping it off, its so frustrating. I'm seriously thinking about getting that Emergencee by Nexxus, matter of fact let me go take a "10 minute break"
driver.gif

i tried vaseline, but not with the baggie. I'm going to try the cap suggestion. I hope to remedy this problem, because its setting me back.

Breakage and shedding have kept me at the same length for the last two touch-ups. Also I need a hairdresser who can deal with long hair. Even though my hairdresser is not a hater (she always compliments me and even said she will try my regimen) she rakes through my hair.

Here's mine:
My hair has only retained about 1 inch of growth in the past 3-4 months.

It can't seem to get past shoulder-length.

I barely brushes the tops of my shoulders, so to me it is not really even shoulder-length.

People constantly telling me that I should give up trying to grow my hair longer.
ohwell.gif

Here are mine:

1. I'm trying to learn how to see myself with short hair when I haven't had short hair since I was about ...never.
frown.gif

2. I still get annoyed when I realize that my short hair was someone else's decision - the %*%$* who didn't know what she was doing when she gave me that relaxer.
censored.gif
angry2.gif
swearing.gif

3. Having so much shrinkage that I still don't feel really comfortable wearing my hair down.

That's really it. In light of things, I am glad that I got rid of my relaxed ends. I just couldn't go with them any longer. My hair is so much easier to manage. However, I do not like myself with short hair and cannot wait until it reaches my shoulders curly.

1. twistouts that seem to tangle my hair
2. mid shaft splits/split ends
3. hair is at a wierd length too long but too short
4. dryness
5. my scalp is really sensitive i feel like i have perm on
it tingles and burns like i need to neutralize
6. incomplete shedding hair comes out then gets tangled b4
it is completely away from the other hairs
7. tiny knots why why why
8. being called macy or marcy grey is she the only one they
can think of shes cool and all but dang
9. damage from this color i put in the front earlier this
year
10. style block i cant think of anything new to do to my
hair
11. i want it to grow faster stronger with no split ends

I coloured my hair with High Rez, but the problem, the roots are the colour and the ends are black. Anyway, I'm getting highlights done professionally.

1.) My hair has been shedding a ton.
frown.gif
The hairs are very long with the white bulbs on the ends so I know its definitely shedding and not breakage.

2.) My hair has only grown 1.5 inches since may.
frown.gif
How depressing since I havent put heat in my hair for almost two months now and I've been taking my vitamins this summer.

3.) Braidouts tangled my hair something terrible so now I am doing twistouts instead. I have had better results so far. Ive been doing all of this while it has been wet. That could have something to do with it.

4.)My hair forever lacks moisture.
smile.gif
I have been experimenting with my own homemade stuff and so far its been 50 50.

5.) A good thing however is shea butter and I find that I am getting good results when I use 100% unrefined pure she a butter when its melted. It does a great job when I use that by itself.
smile.gif

Overall the summer was a disaster.

1) My hair is SHEDDING/BREAKING once again after I thought I had it under control. Im all proteined out so dont know what else to do other than intense deep conditioning every few days...

2) my hair is in this nervwracking in between stage where its not short and its not long. My last trim it was cut in this u shape all around to get rid of the thin ends I had on the sides and now I dont like it bc it looks too short when its curly(braidout/twistout/bantu set) the style only looks good when its straight/bent under.

3) My shedding is affecting the thickness of my hair...It seemed much thicker back in may. my ends are healthy bc Ive had many unneeded trims...but now I dont know if I should keep the trims up until it thickens up or go for length.

4) It will be at least a year before I consider my hair "long" because although the back is getting well past my shoulders, the front is shorter and there are layers.

5) More about thickness...my stylist says once the top part grows longer the bottom will look thicker, but that could take forever since the bottom is several inches longer(at least 3). Plus I dont want to keep trimming the bottom till the top catches up...thats a long time away...

Now I know my hair can grow bra strap or longer, it is taking too darn long! I am out of patience [but I just started good hair care in the last 6 months]. I know that, but it is still frustrating.

[ QUOTE ]
jd_bdfly said:
Sorry to hear about the hair problems. Since we are throwing a pity party, here are mine:

1) I am sooooo tired of my natural hair fighting the relaxed ends which leads to a lot of breakage, but I'm not ready to BC because I don't think I can do short hair.

2) Because of this, I feel like I'm in this torturous state of never ending limbo.

3) I HATE wash day because it takes soooooo long to get it under control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto for me!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

im trying to grow out layers and its hard for me to find a style that looks cute for my hair so I just put it in a boring bun.

i cant wait until my hair grows back to the length it was when i was a freshman in high school. I always wonder what my hair would look like if i never got it layered the couple of times that i did.

I feel your pain Poohbear, I never even HAD layers cut into my hair, thats just the way mine grows! Its always longer in the back than the sides and the top is shorter than the bottom. my hairdresser says the ends will thicken up when the top part grows out, but Im not even sure it ever will...lol.

1) Although my hair is steadily approaching bra strap, I would like to have more density.

2) No longer will do braids because human hair just does not act right when styled and synthetic cuts my hair.

3) Would like for front and sides to be thicker. They are because I've been doing a Surge and WGO and Castor oil mix for about two months, the results are just not as quick as I would like.

4) Would like to stretch relaxers out, but without getting it braided, it just ain't happening.

[ QUOTE ]
HOTCHOCOLATE said:
My woes:

1. I been the same length for the last 2 retouches(6 months).

2. I have dry hair no matter what I use from the cheapest to the most expensive.

3. And worst of all, my hair in the front stands up. It will not lay down.
antlers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have the same problem until I:
1. Stopped using no-lye and switched to lye.
2. Started misting with distilled water and then applying 100% pure (refined) shea butter. This definitely gave me a complete, juicy hair turn around
smile.gif

1. I cannot enjoy my additional length. I experienced a lot of shedding due to medication. My hair is really thin. I plan to bounce back using the bun challenge.

2. I was wreckless when removing my last set of braids and ended up cutting some length of the frontal sides of my hair.

3. I cut the frontal sides of my hair so they could be more even and this sets me way back because ....

4. My hair grows extremely slow and is extremely fragile.

5. I don't like my hair color. It's brown/black and it's hard to match a good phony-pony b/c of that.

6. My edges have always been and will always be weak. It's genetic and I can't do anything about it
cry3.gif

-----
On the bright side:

1. my hair is growing and I'm confident that it will thicken up. I believe that hair grows fastest in the earliest stages of growth (anagen) so I am very very optimistic about regaining my thickness soon.

2. This is the first time in my life that my hair has creeped across my back much less touches my shoulders.

3. My hair is finally and consistently moist!!! Thanks to shea butter.

My weekend plans were to go to church early, then to the art museum, and finally to a house party. I had my outfit planned and everything.

But I tried preconditioning and washing my hair in 8 TIGHT braids the night before my big day. There were massive matted tangles near the base of the braids (worse than when I wash in LOOSE braids), and I had to wear my killer sundress with a bun.

I STILL haven't cleared the tangles entirely, I'm only 6 weeks past touchup, I can't go to the salon on discount Tuesday like this, and I am too through! I'm seriously ticked off with my super tangly 4b hair. I did not sign up for this mess.

It's a sunny day, and girls at my school are parading around in camisoles with their hair stick straight. They don't know that they're twisting the knife...

Glad I'm not the only one with hair issues. For the past month, my hair and I have been at war. I've noticed that my hair has been unusually thick and cannot easily be held in one ponytail anymore. My hair has gotten so big tat I feel like I'm starting all over because I need to come up with new products, techniques, tools, and a new regimen. My mom's constant talk about how I need to straighten my hair taunt me, the thought of chopping off my hair is very tempting. My ends are also trippin' and just tearing out, so I'll need to give them special attention, once again.
Upside: I've realized that my hair has grown... a LOT /images/graemlins/smile.gif

my problem with my hair is the ends are kinda thin. I notice it when i flat iron my hair. its not as thick as the rest of my hair and it makes me sad /images/graemlins/cry3.gif. Im going to cut them soon.

Thank God I found this post! I didn't want to make a separate post about my problems. Ok... I used to LOVE Surge. I know that some people experienced negative things, but my hair grew almost twice as fast when I used it in cornrows. I did my own braids (for the first time using the Crown and Glory video YAY!!!) and i used Surge twice daily and i was planning on washing after a week. Boy i sprayed that Surge on 5 times one day just because it felt so cool and soothing on my scalp. Later on that night my scalp BURNED and the next day i have this ugly dark thin scab all around my hair line. It hurts and it's dry and crusty UGH!!! I think i'll give Surge a break for a loooooooong while. I can grow my hair long and strong without it! If I'm not going to use it correctly and rinse it out everyday then I'm not going to use it at all. I think I may have a lost a little hair where the scabs are. ugh. lesson learned. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]
my problem with my hair is the ends are kinda thin. I notice it when i flat iron my hair. its not as thick as the rest of my hair and it makes me sad /images/graemlins/cry3.gif. Im going to cut them soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel that way about my hair, too. I think the only way to remedy it is to get a good trim... which makes me sad because just when I'm at my goal of bra-strap, the ends need to be cut!! It's really depressing!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Back