Post your BC pic and a pic of your hair today

I'm in the Hide Your Challenge... with that said, the first attachment is from my June 2009 BC and the second os a twistout from January 2011.

~S~

ETA:: Not sure why that attachments are in reverse order...but you all get it.

Attachments

• BCJune2009.jpg
    BCJune2009.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 879
  • Twistout-Jan 2011.jpg
    Twistout-Jan 2011.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 128
Texture pic of my tiny coils from April 2010:
HPIM5782-1.jpg

A hair twin!!! :shocked:

There is some beautiful hair in this thread!!!

I didn't take many pictures of my BC but here it is. This is recent so no "now pics".

Shaved-Cat-317-large.jpg

I bc'd again in November 2009:

000_6978-vi.jpg

Here is me August 20ish 2011. I should be APL by December at the latest:

100_3471.jpg

Great thread OP also you are gorgeous. I always think your bone structure is stunning.

Anywho, my BC was August 2009 my first year of college. I wore braids and was a hot mess so I bc'ed again after BUT I don't have those pics.
So yeah let's go with the original bc date :look:

The first is a pic'ed out fro. And the rest are twistouts. Stretched out as of today are the last two pics (don't shade me. I have the flu. I know I look tattuhed)

Thank you for this thread! i see my hair has grown and I'm gonna start taking more natural length and texture shots.

Attachments

• BC!.jpg
    BC!.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 145
  • twistout.jpg
    twistout.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Photo 182.jpg
    Photo 182.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Photo 8.jpg
    Photo 8.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 142
Anakinsmomma
go for it! on second thoughts, wait a month at least,let your new DH have at least a month for him to run his fingers through your hair, damn!:lachen:
Poor man'll be like "so it's like this huh?:nono:"
:lol:

He knows I'm going natural... I just haven't got around to explaining that I may be chopping off my hair lol.

comic-p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The first pic is when I went to the barber for him to finish cutting all the relaxed ends I couldn't get. He picked, picked, picked and picked my fro out to reveal any sign of relaxed ends left.

The next pic is the day after where it's still wet from me experimenting with ecostyler gel for the first time.

Last pic was 3 weeks ago 8/15/11.

:look: I haven't posted in a million years, so bear with me. If you go to my photobucket don't judge me for those styles I wore back then lol. Those funky things got me to wear I am today, lawd.
Day of BC Dec 19, 2007. Yes I remember the exact day lol:
HPIM2726-1-1.jpg

Texture pic of my tiny coils from April 2010:
HPIM5782-1.jpg

Last time I blow dried/flat ironed in July 2011:
SDC11402.jpg

SDC11408-1.jpg

First Blow dry/Flat Iron in July 2011:
SDC11302.jpg

I have been natural for over 3.5 years now and the first time I used any heat was this May 2011, so we'll see how it goes. As you can see I still get a lot of shrinkage with flat ironed hair, because it is not bone straight, but that is fine with me as I like the fullness. I've been keeping it blowdried to help slow down these ssk's. I should have been WSL a long time ago, but these suckas don't play and I've had to trim a lot lol! All that to say I love my naps and I will spare yall the pics of my relaxed/ jacklaxed days as I was TOE-UP, chewed-up neck length lol. :lol:

You're my inspiration!

-C.C.

Ugh there is hope for me. This thread has helped. To all that posted thanks everyone looks wonderful, I was seriously thinking about jumping ship... I'm 8 months post BC. Stuff like this keeps me motivated to keep trying with my natural hair.

Took the words outta my mouth I tend to jump ship by month 4 every time I've tried to transition. Im subbing this for the days I get frustrated.

Sammie7 - You have been added to my inspirational hair idol list! :love: I just finished looking through your hair album. That is great progress in 3.5 years! I wish I had not ever cut my hair throughout the 6 years I have been natural. Thank you for sharing your hair regimen! in this thread! :)

Not really my BC but the earliest shot I have of my natural hair. My hair especially my bangs still feels like it's not growing even with picture recording.

This was in October 2008 on a dry wash and go
oct08.jpg

Sometime in early 2010 wet freshly rinsed hair
1wethair-1.jpg

And this is this week on wet freshly rinsed hair so September 2011
DSCN2742.jpg

My hair still shrinks up to this when I try shingling or doing a wash and go the only exception is when I use KCCC
DSCN2195-Copy-1.jpg

DSCN2196.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to post better pics.

First one is day of BC and the 2nd one is from today

Attachments

• DSCN1118-vi.jpg
    DSCN1118-vi.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 80
  • puppy love 003.jpg
    puppy love 003.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 80
I BC'd on the 22nd of march 2010. I'm past APL now and can tug on my own hair :yep:
The pictures are out of order. First pic is me in the process of trying to flatiron my hair yesterday.
2nd pic is the big chop. 3rd pic is the finished result of me trying to flatiron my hair (I'm really not good at it at all, probably because I'm afraid to use the correct amount of heat). 4th pic is a fluffed out shake n go, last month, with a little bit of Aubrey Organics B5 gel.

Attachments

• BC.jpg
    BC.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 71
  • semi-straight-sep-2011.jpg
    semi-straight-sep-2011.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 73
  • semi-straight-f-sep-2011.jpg
    semi-straight-f-sep-2011.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Semi WnG Aug-2011.jpg
    Semi WnG Aug-2011.jpg