Post pics of your straight hair!!!!!!

NaturalBeauty<3 could you share some more tips about your flat iron tricks? I'm just seeing this thread, but your flat iron job is at the perfect level on the straight-kinky spectrum. Its hard to do it w/o going too straight! GoodMernin your hair looks great, I just gave you a shout out the other day, & here's another one :).

@virtuenow -- sure love!

I go through and flat iron my roots first, after blow drying on medium. Again, I have fine hair with high density, so when I thoroughly flat-iron my hair "the right way" as my friends say, lol, its flat. I HATE that. After flat ironing the roots, I go back and pick up bigger pieces. By now I know exactly how my hair will straighten, so I can guesstimate how big to make the piece that I'm flat ironing, but to start you off, if you are one of the people that split your hair in fourths before flat ironing, split one of the fourths into four. Then take one of those sections. If that doesn't work, either make that section bigger or smaller to suit the level of "bigness" you want, lol. When I had a maxiglide, I turned it up to 5 and got the same results without only straightening the roots on one pass, but since it broke, I have to be creative.

I actually started this method because it limited the amount of heat I put on my ends! I'm very prone to splits. . . us fine haired ladies ends will split jus cuz we turned our head too quick. -__-

Last edited:
im back , ok its not as long as some people here but...its straight :-) the next time i do it its gonna look more better (this is like my 4th time since last relaxer (dec 2007) and ive found the moisturizer that MY hair likes (s curl gel) so next time i flat iron, im gonna make sure its very well moisturized then flat iron.:

ps: sorry for the 1st BIG pic

Last edited:
I straightened my hair with Crisco in January.

12-20-11%2520Crisco%2520Straightened.jpg

Haven't taken pictures of my hair lately so I'll post these ones taken last year

Taken October 2011
picture.php

Over a year ago - Jan 2011
picture.php

SEMO :drool:

How do curl your flatironed hair? Curling iron, rollers, pin curls? Is your hair slightly layered? Spill it!

@SEMO :drool:

How do curl your flatironed hair? Curling iron, rollers, pin curls? Is your hair slightly layered? Spill it!

SVT I know you didn't ask me (and I'm sure SEMO will answer you) but I get my hair like that by rollersetting and when I remove the rollers I bump the roots with a flatiron and then when I'm done I brush my hair lightly (or use my fingers). HTH

SEMO :drool:

I wish I could take credit for that hairstyle. It's an old picture. I had gone in to get my hair trimmed and it turned into a haircut with layers. Later a friend of mine flat ironed my hair and used the flat iron to put some curls in.

Pics attached: Pin straight from a couple weeks ago, second pic from ironing today with some curl.

Attachments

• Jan21.jpg
    Jan21.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Feb05.jpg
    Feb05.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 162
Here's my contribution. Just straightened it yesterday...

Attachments

• image-3500298341.jpg
    image-3500298341.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 280
  • image-663932579.jpg
    image-663932579.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 304
Straightened for the last time this year.

Hopefully I can claim APL when I straighten for New Year's.

Attachments

• hair.JPG
    hair.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 157
This pic is from New Years

I am almost to bra strap now. My next pic will be April.

Must. Make. MBL. This. Year.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 124
Beautiful pics ladies!....here's mine, nothing extravagant lol..

IMG_20130302_133016.jpg

IMG_20130302_132634.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Back