Post Pics of Your Winter Wigs and/or Bun Stlyes Here!

Also here are some more pics of my past wigs:

Cosmopolitan Girl (half wig)
picture.php

I forget the name, but it's by Modu Trading (half wig)
picture.php

Lemon Drop (banded wig)
picture.php

La Danica (half wig)
picture.php

Bali Girl (full wig)
picture.php

All of these are SOOOO cute, but i LOVVE LOVE LOVE La Danica on u :)

Thanks Distorted Barbie!! I will be wearing a new La Danica next week as this Cosmo girl will soon need to retire!!

Ladies I am loving the pics of all your hair do's! I'm like:popcorn:!

So...I went and bought a synthetic lace wig to start with - researched everything on how to put it on, looked at some of your fotki's...etc. I love the wig - its very pretty (will post pics this evening). Well I went to put it on, cut back the lace, and tape/glue/then pin it on - I ddin't like it on me. At least the front - it looked too wiggy still! So I got this idea from an album (I can't remember whose, now) to cut a slit in the front to allow my hair to come through. So last night I went ahead and did that - parted the front of my hair and re-cornrowed, sewed a couple of wig combs in the front of the wig, and put some coconut oil in it overnight. This morning, I put the wig on and used my new FHI to straighten the front with a middle part. It looks SO MUCH BETTER with the natural part showing. I always wear buns to work and didn't just want to come in with long hair all of a sudden! I took some quick pics on my cell phone here at work, but I'll take better pics with the hair out when I get home...

I think this will be my new thing - full wigs with a slit in the front for either a middle or side part so I don't have to style too much of my hair like with a half wig!

****sorry these pics aren't the best - I'll take better ones later today!****

Attachments

• wig1.jpg
    wig1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 38
  • wig2.jpg
    wig2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 33
  • wig3.jpg
    wig3.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 35
NappyGOddess, what a good idea. I wonder if this could allow me to finally wear a full wig instead of a half wig (my head is larger than the "average" size they use for most wigs and hats). Did the slit loosen up the whole wig for you?

But from those pics, it really looks you left out as much hair as you would have for a half wig. I mean, that's your part in the front right?

Here's mine. I think this is a #2 on the model, but mine is a #1.

This was my club hair, but those days are over and done with for now. :ohwell:

Mine looks a wee bit different, like it's not as full at the top, but this could be because of the way I store it (in a bag instead of on a foam head). It doesn't have combs, but it is adjustable and snug. I love this hair. I can't wait for it to get colder.

M299-01.jpg

Ladies I am loving the pics of all your hair do's! I'm like:popcorn:!

So...I went and bought a synthetic lace wig to start with - researched everything on how to put it on, looked at some of your fotki's...etc. I love the wig - its very pretty (will post pics this evening). Well I went to put it on, cut back the lace, and tape/glue/then pin it on - I ddin't like it on me. At least the front - it looked too wiggy still! So I got this idea from an album (I can't remember whose, now) to cut a slit in the front to allow my hair to come through. So last night I went ahead and did that - parted the front of my hair and re-cornrowed, sewed a couple of wig combs in the front of the wig, and put some coconut oil in it overnight. This morning, I put the wig on and used my new FHI to straighten the front with a middle part. It looks SO MUCH BETTER with the natural part showing. I always wear buns to work and didn't just want to come in with long hair all of a sudden! I took some quick pics on my cell phone here at work, but I'll take better pics with the hair out when I get home...

I think this will be my new thing - full wigs with a slit in the front for either a middle or side part so I don't have to style too much of my hair like with a half wig!

****sorry these pics aren't the best - I'll take better ones later today!****

Sorry it took so long to get some pics! So I practiced on the synthetic wig and when I was convinced that it wasn't going to ruin it, I cut the front out of my new lace wig. Here are some pics of just a little of my bangs flat ironed to match the wig hair. It looks natural and my hair is cornrowed underneath with some Infusium leave-in and Cantu Leave-in...
You can tell by the pics I feel fab!

Attachments

• DSCN2928.jpg
    DSCN2928.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2929.jpg
    DSCN2929.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN2931.jpg
    DSCN2931.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN2932.jpg
    DSCN2932.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2933.jpg
    DSCN2933.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 64
And here are a few more pics...

(the last pic is where I would love my hair to be in the next couple of years!)

Attachments

• DSCN2934.jpg
    DSCN2934.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN2935.jpg
    DSCN2935.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN2936.jpg
    DSCN2936.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2938.jpg
    DSCN2938.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 36
This is hot! Is it a half wig or a full wig? What's a banded wig?

This is a half wig, but a banded wig is the one with a black elastic band that looks like a headband. I just fold mine back in half so it's not covering so much of the front of my head. It makes it look like you have a headband on but it's part of the wig. I've attached a pic so you can see it better.

And thanks for the compliment!!

Last edited:
I have another question...

For those ladies sporting wigs - do you braid your hair wet or dry underneath? Also, do you cover with a wig cap? How often do you take off the wig to either wash/condition/moisturize - once a week? twice? everyday?

(okay - that's more than one question!

I just found a wig that looks close to my real hair. I'll order it in the next few days & I'll post the info when I post my pics. I plan to braid my hair wet with leave-in in a circle pattern as in prep for a sew-in. I plan to wrap my hairline with a thin piece of silk and then put a wig cap over that to keep it in place. I'm a stay at home mom/wannabe entrepreneur so I'll only be wearing my wig when I leave the house. I'll wash/DC once a week & mositurize daily. I plan to take the braids down once a month & do a protein treatment & rebraid. I'm trying to transition back to natural & I'm hoping this routine will help.

Sorry it took so long to get some pics! So I practiced on the synthetic wig and when I was convinced that it wasn't going to ruin it, I cut the front out of my new lace wig. Here are some pics of just a little of my bangs flat ironed to match the wig hair. It looks natural and my hair is cornrowed underneath with some Infusium leave-in and Cantu Leave-in...
You can tell by the pics I feel fab!

Lady you are a genius! 1st of all I can't believe this is synthetic hair. You look fabulous. Maybe when I get a little more familiar with the world of wigs, I'll get adventurous like you.

BTW anyone know of any wig challenges going on?

I really want to get a wig - I'm being so lazy :lachen:

But so far I've been bunning - up buns, wet buns & dry buns (with a sock donut) and the southern tease bun (see siggy). I noticed good retention since I've started doing it 3 months and I dont think I'll go back to doing anything else! :)

What does a quick weave/instant weave entail? TIA.
Not sure if this question is in response to my post, but the "Quick Weave" is just Outre's branding for half wigs, to my knowledge. I use it like any other half wig.

NappyGOddess, what a good idea. I wonder if this could allow me to finally wear a full wig instead of a half wig (my head is larger than the "average" size they use for most wigs and hats). Did the slit loosen up the whole wig for you?

But from those pics, it really looks you left out as much hair as you would have for a half wig. I mean, that's your part in the front right?

Thanks, YankeeCandle! I have been sporting this look for about 2 weeks, now; I took my hair down this past weekend to condition, and I apply Amla Hair Oil and Vatika Coconut Hair Oil during the week. My hair is loving this! It's a great alternative to the bun I was wearing for almost 2 months, although I love the bun and will sport that again soon...

I feel like I get the look of a whole wig and the fit of a whole wig without that fake wiggy look that I hate. The part allows me to vary the look in the front, and keeping my hair in cornrows, conditioned, and covered suits me just fine for the winter!

Here are some pics of the cornrows, the hair I left out, and the lace wig with a small part of the front snipped out...

Attachments

• DSCN2939.jpg
    DSCN2939.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN2940.jpg
    DSCN2940.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN2942.jpg
    DSCN2942.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN2943.jpg
    DSCN2943.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN2948.jpg
    DSCN2948.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 23
I just found a wig that looks close to my real hair. I'll order it in the next few days & I'll post the info when I post my pics. I plan to braid my hair wet with leave-in in a circle pattern as in prep for a sew-in. I plan to wrap my hairline with a thin piece of silk and then put a wig cap over that to keep it in place. I'm a stay at home mom/wannabe entrepreneur so I'll only be wearing my wig when I leave the house. I'll wash/DC once a week & mositurize daily. I plan to take the braids down once a month & do a protein treatment & rebraid. I'm trying to transition back to natural & I'm hoping this routine will help.

Lady you are a genius! 1st of all I can't believe this is synthetic hair. You look fabulous. Maybe when I get a little more familiar with the world of wigs, I'll get adventurous like you.

BTW anyone know of any wig challenges going on?

Nakia - girl, your hair is going to LOVE you! My hair felt GREAT when I took it down this past weekend to wash, DC, and rebraid. I had it out all day and it seems to be thriving...that's just in a week!

I couldn't believe it was synthetic hair, either! It wasn't cheapie, and the hair is really nice, soft, and lays well, doesn't knot, and moves like my own hair! I did try this on an old wig for a week before cutting the lace wig. This look is definitely better on the better quality wig - I should have bought two. Will have to go back to the BSS next paycheck! :yep:

(Thanks!)

i'm planning on trying something new by going short for the winter so i bought a wig that looks like the first two attachments. It looks very edgy on me. I can't send pics of how i look in it because my latest weave install is too long and it looks funny with a short wig on top...FYI:i love these looks:yep:
streetstyle476-(1-of-1).jpg

bowl-cuts-fashion.jpg

hairsisters.jpg

Last edited:
Back