pooh123

Islandgirl

i just looked at your album, and i have to say your hair is absolutely gorgeous!
smile.gif
smile.gif
Your first pic-the bun looks so full, second pic-your hair looks nice and thick, third pic-your hair looks so silky!!! what is your regimen?

Pooh123,
I posted on another thread but I really wanted you to know that I think your hair is gorgeous. I thought I had seen your album before but when I saw it, it was like how did I miss this. Really Great!!!

Hi Islandgirl,diamondlandy, and DSD
wave.gif

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. You are so sweet.
kiss.gif
I'm at a point now where I feel like I've hit a brick wall but I'm going to keep on growing anyway!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

There's really not much to my regime as I've gotten lazy in the past couple of months. I wash my hair once or twice per week and deep condition under a hooded dryer after every wash and I use a leave-in conditioner an oils on my hair to seal in moisture after its been conditioned. I use a recontructor once per month and I clarify once every two weeks or as needed. Here is my product list but I sometimes switch up when I'm in the mood:

Shampoos:
Motions Lavish
Ion Moisturizing Shampoo (every other week because the protein can make my hair hard if used too often)
Conditioners:
Keracare First Lather Shampoo (for clarifying)
Biotera Reconstructor
Biotera Cream Rinse
Keracare Humecto (will not repurchase when done with it)
Motions Moistureplus
Leave-Ins:
Biotera Leave-in (not sure if I like this one)
Profectiv Root Health
Moisturizers:
ORS Olive Oil Lotion
Homemade Shea butter blend
Jojoba Oil

I get my hair professionally relaxed every 10-12 weeks with Designer's Touch Lye relaxer and trimmed as needed. I usually where my hair in a bun and I occassionaly flat iron it with my Jilbere flat iron. I'm about to start a brand new vitamin routine consisting of Puritan's Pride Hair pills and protein shakes so I'm hoping that will help get me over the "wall" to brastrap and beyond.

pooh123
smile.gif

difinately beautiful! I love your bun pick! I'm still trying to perfect the bun. do you use any tools(like hairdini's) or is that all self done. help me learn a bun!

Wow Pooh123 ... I love your hair. It looks incredibly healthy! You can come over here and do mine if you want!

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

Very nice and healthy! Your hair is very beautiful! I see that you stretch your relaxers to every 10-12 weeks, does your new growth get out of control by that time? I stretch my relaxers to every 15-16 weeks and by that time my hair is really thick. What styles do you do before it's time for the touchup?

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
Wow Pooh123 ... I love your hair. It looks incredibly healthy! You can come over here and do mine if you want!

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ballet Bun I forgot to mention I can do a mean rollerset! I just may have to come give you one...
rofl.gif

pooh123
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
godzooki said:
difinately beautiful! I love your bun pick! I'm still trying to perfect the bun. do you use any tools(like hairdini's) or is that all self done. help me learn a bun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly godzooki, I use those Goody hair pins...some days I can do them well and some days I can't.
tongue.gif
Most of the time I use a plain old satin scrunchie. But to do the bun with the goody pins I put my hair in a ponytail, wrap it around the base and insert three or four goody pins around it. That's it!
pooh123
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
pooh what is your hair type ?
U have beautiful THICK and HEALTHY hair !!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Britt and thanks!
smile.gif

I'm a 4b
grin.gif
Don't be fooled, my hair is actually fine to medium grade...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cami said:
Very nice and healthy! Your hair is very beautiful! I see that you stretch your relaxers to every 10-12 weeks, does your new growth get out of control by that time? I stretch my relaxers to every 15-16 weeks and by that time my hair is really thick. What styles do you do before it's time for the touchup?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Cami,

This last relaxer I probably could have stretched out my retouch past 12 weeks. It just didn't feel like it grew very much. The weeks leading up to my retouch I just continue to put it in a bun and handle my hair as less as possible. I moisturize it with the shea butter pomade or the ORS olive oil lotion. I think the key for me is getting the newgrowth under control while its wet with a wide tooth comb and not to comb my hair when it dries. Sometimes I have to take a fine tooth comb and smooth it out at this point to smooth the outside layer down.

When I'm scheduled for a retouch I lightly flatiron my hair with my Jilbere flat iron the last wash before the retouch. I think this helps my beautician easily get to my newgrowth better. I use to have a BIG problem with tangles but I've got that under control and that enables me to stretch out my retouches to 10-12 weeks without problems.
grin.gif

pooh123

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
I agree with the other posters.
smile.gif
Pooh has been a long-time inspiration for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nyambura! It makes me feel good that I can inspire you!
smile.gif

pooh123

Back