• 3'-4':'Laxed/Tex'

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 4.01'+:Nat/Loc'd

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 4.01'+::'Laxed/Tex'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fhrizzball

What is everyone's ponytail thickness and are you natural/loc'd or relaxed/texlax?

At what circumference is a pony tail thick for you? Do you believe that it's different if your hair is curly or straight?

Just curious...

Mine is 4" but my hair isn't as voluminous as most ladies here so I don't really know what thickness is thick for curly heads...

Last edited:
My hair is natural; most of the time, my ponytail is just over 4 inches in circumference. A few years ago (before I had babies), it used to be closer to 5 inches. I do think that there is a difference with straightened versus curly hair though, because I used the MaxiGlide flat iron for the first time, and afterward, my ponytail barely measured 3 1/2 inches in circumference. :ohwell: I was surprised that it made such a difference.

I thought about this, this AM!

I've been stuck this week on twisting my hair up [a result of how well I've moisturized my hair using QHAOC. I gathered the hair to form a ponytail, twist the hair to form one big twist and continue to twist along the length of the hair until only a little bit of hair is let out at the end (today I tucked all the hair in the twist) and pinned around the crown area with a flex8. This style is sooooooo easy. No detangling needed and very acceptable for work IMO.

I measured the width of the twist and it's about 3''.....

I havent measured but I do know that since I have been on my healthy hair journey my pony tail thickness has nearly doubled!

Back