POLL - What is the max # of times you will relax per year?

What is the max amount of times you will relax per year?

• 24 weeks or longer

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • 20 to 24 weeks

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • 16 to 20 weeks

Votes: 28 11.3%
  • 12 to 16 weeks

Votes: 80 32.4%
  • 8 to 12 weeks

Votes: 65 26.3%
  • 4 to 8 weeks

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • I don't relax, they're the devil

Votes: 29 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I picked they're the devil.

Funny that it's an option. Made me chuckle :lol:

but I wish good luck and health to everyone, relaxed, natural or in between :)

I used to do it every 8 weeks (that was waaaay before I learned better from LHCF) then I went to every 10 weeks and now I'm aiming for every 12-14 weeks. I'd like to do touch-ups to my texlax only 3 times a year.

I'm shooting for 12-16 weeks. I used to do it every 5-6 weeks, but I'm finding that my new growth is way more tolerable when I co-wash and PS.

Last year I relaxed twice, and that was my best hair year with regards to hair retention, thickness, and overall health.

Ideally, I'd like to stick to twice (or 3x for the holidays).

Up until this year every 10-12 weeks. I'll get my first relaxer for this year in September and will start with every 6 months afterwards.

For those who relax 2-4 times a year, how much ng is up there by then? I'm scared of stretching that long because by then I would be handling a real live fro.

Last edited:
For those who relax 2-4 times a year, how much ng is up there by then? I'm scared of stretching that long because by then I would be handling a real live fro.

Very Low Mani and Moisture, Moisture, Moisture. Co-Washing Helps Immensely and Finger Detangling and Finger Combing.

Trust, It is No Joke.:spinning:

I'm probably going to stretch upwards of 10 weeks this time for financial reasons. My bf has discouraged me from going to my cheaper stylist because her work is mediocre....But thats besides the point...
I'll be perusing for those stretching methods.

Back