POLL - What is the max # of times you will relax per year?

What is the max amount of times you will relax per year?

• 24 weeks or longer

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • 20 to 24 weeks

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • 16 to 20 weeks

Votes: 28 11.3%
  • 12 to 16 weeks

Votes: 80 32.4%
  • 8 to 12 weeks

Votes: 65 26.3%
  • 4 to 8 weeks

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • I don't relax, they're the devil

Votes: 29 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8-12 weeks is long enough for me. I sometimes relax at 9 weeks, sometimes 10 and sometimes at 12 weeks. This time I stretched to 12 weeks, will be relaxing on Friday:yep:. So I guess that's roughly 4-5 times a year.

Last edited:
I remember back in the day when I relaxed every five or six weeks - what was I thinking?!??!!!! last year, I relaxed fourt imes because I finally learned how to stretch without breakage. Because I'm about 16 weeks right now, it looks like this year will be three times.

i relax four times a year. jan, april.july, october. maybe even less..i strtech for at least 13 weeks...it varies....:perplexed:grin:

If I continue with my current relaxer schedule I'll be relaxing only about 3 times a year, or every 4 months. I picked 16-20 weeks because I may go longer between relaxer periods in the future.

4 times a year would be the max. i got a touch up at 10 weeks... this was my first after my big relaxer. i'm going to try to hold out for 12 weeks or more.

I did an accidental stretch, getting my last relaxer in August '08....I think it was the 20th or 24th...can't recall exactly. But I realized I could stretch easier if I got twists or braids RIGHT at the point when I needed a relaxer. I've taken it down once (Christmas Eve) and flat ironed with Sabino and that kept me manageable.

That's my long answer. Sorry. So...I relax 2-3 times per year. After I get to my goal of MBL, I will maintain my hair the way Sylver2 does hers. She is my inspiration!!!

Great poll!!!

cj

i only relax 1nce a year i like seeing my newgrowth threw out the year and then on the eve of new years day relaxing...i dont know its kinda like a mental high for me lol

I'm at two a year already. Not that hard if you got the right products. I also roller set...but I'm not that good at it yet...I'm about to handle it real good ....I think

I'm aiming for four times a year. Haven't been touched up this year yet, but I will at the end of February. Hopefully my next one after that won't be until August.

I am only relaxing twice a year. I will not exceed 3. I am managing this by weaving my hair. The back is braided, but the top and edges are out.

I self-relax three times per year (February, June, October). Imagine I use to relax every 8weeks, that's about 6 times per year. No wonder my hair was overprocessed, breaking and never seemed to be growing

Back