POLL: Is your hair Layered or Even...How? How many different lengths do you have?

Even Or Layered?

• Even: Grows this way

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Even: Grows in layers, Get it cut this way

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Layers: Grows this way

Votes: 73 32.2%
  • Layers: Grows even, get it cut this way

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • Layers: Damage, splits, trims est.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • 2 diff. lengths in my head

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • 3 diff. lengths in my head

Votes: 68 30.0%
  • 4 or more diff. lengths in my head

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • Too many layers/diff. lengths

Votes: 37 16.3%
  • 0 diff. lengths, all even

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fluffylocks

Just a poll to see if your hair is Even or Layered
How it got this way
And if you have layers, how many different layers or different lengths of hair are in your head :yep:

ETA---its multiple choice too, if you picked layers you can also pick how many different lengths you have

Last edited:
Re: POLL: Is your hair Layered or Even...How? How many different lengths do you hav

My hair is layered and I believe that it grows this way. I have not had a hair cut (meaning styled) in over 3 years. When I started taking care of my hair almost 2 years ago my hair was serverly damaged and 100 different lengths I never cut it or trimmed it to even up the ragged ends, I just started caring for it. Once I saw some length I trimmed it here and there however I have not cut layers into my hair. So, really im not sure if its just the way my hair grows or if my hair with eventually even up on its own. The pic in my siggy shows my layers.

Re: POLL: Is your hair Layered or Even...How? How many different lengths do you hav

I got my hair cut into layers in a short pixie cut where the crown was very short and stuck up (if that makes sense...) I think it also grows in layers so now i have a zillion different lengths, definitely more than 4!!!

I have 3 different lengths. I had dyed the front of my hair blonde [while the back of my hair was my natural dark brownish hair] and that broke off a great deal of my hair :sad:. There's no way it'll catch up with tha rest unless I cut it evenly and.....:nono::nono:[no] i'm good! And now I have eyebrow length bangs, so there's my 3 lengths.

Last edited:

I have several different length (from APL - below BSL). It's needs to be shaped up but I'm to scared someone with chop it all off.

Mine is two lengths. The front part is shorter than the back, so when I wear ponytails I leave the front part out.

My hair naturally grows in many different layers (4 or more) and I have no intention of making them even.

Just a poll to see if your hair is Even or Layered
How it got this way
And if you have layers, how many different layers or different lengths of hair are in your head :yep:

ETA---its multiple choice too, if you picked layers you can also pick how many different lengths you have

Yep. My hair is layered. When I BC'd in 2005, being that I was and still am a novice self trimmer, I might have cut it into layers. Girl, I have more layers than I want to count and different lengths too. When I reach BSL, I will concentrate on evening out my layers. I do not mind if the bangs and sides are layered, 'cause it frames the hair style better as it grows out I think....but I am shooting to have the back to be completely even.

My hair grows uneven. I would say I have about 2-3 different lengths. The crown appears to be shorter than the sides and the back.

My hair grows pretty evenly and it used to be all one length. But last month, I got a lot chopped off and she cut it in layers (which I've never had before in my life). Now I have all kinds of layers (short bangs, chin length in the front, almost shoulder length on the sides and a few inches shy of APL in the back). I'm having the hardest time dealing with the chin length hair in the front, since I'm used to it being APL.

I have a bunch of layers. I actually like layered haircuts. Last time I went in to see a professional, I asked for a layered bob as my haircut. I have too many layers to even count.

I want to grow my hair out so that it's more even. I might get a few long layers cut in. No more than 3, I tihnk.

Very uneven with 3 definite lengths with the crown being the shortest part. Once I reach MBL I will go for the blunt cut to even it back up to probably what would be BSL over again.

My hair grows in layers, and I would estimate I have 3 different layers. I won't try to get it cut even, because I know it'll all get chopped off.

I am not sure how my hair grows -- it appears to grow evenly but when I go for trims the stylist always lightly layers the bottom and keeps the hair around my face slightly shorter than the back.

I've given up professional trims for the time being so I'll get to see how it really grows.

Got my hair cut in layers about 7 years ago and it hasn't been all even since :perplexed
I have actually learned to like layers...most days :look: Can't wait to see what they look like when i get to APL:grin:

thats the thing about layers (well, mine anyway), bad hair days looks REALLY bad but good hair days look REALLY good- very fly and face framing.

Sometimes my hair grows uneven, and I HAVE to cut it to be even. It'll drive me crazy if I don't. I can't imagine having layers, because I know they'd be one big mess for my hair.

My hair grows unevenly---since I wear wash-n-gos it doesn't bother me. Recently, I went to get my hair trimmed. I told the woman not to even it out--against my wishes she made it more even than I wanted. However, I can't deny it was a good trim because my ends needed to go.

I prefer uneveness (ok not a word) because it gives my hair a certain originality.

With the exception of my bang, my hair is all one length. It grows pretty evenly, but I've always had a problem growing the front. I think I manipulate the front too much.

I would like for my hair to reach BSL so that I can cut it into layers.

My hair grows in layers. I've had it cut blunt and even before, but it always grows back to a layered "v" shape. My layers are getting longer though.

My hair has been in layers for such a long time, but as far as I know, my hair grows evenly. I'm actually getting sick of the layers right now. The top half is shoulder length and the bottom half is past APL. The layers look great after a rollerset, but when blowdried, not so much.:nono:

My hair is blunt. My last cut, the stylist thought I would look good with an Egyptian-esque cut so that's what he gave me. It was cute, it's grown out, but it's still blunt with a swoop bang in front and I cut some face framing layers in front.
I love the swoop bang, but I want some layers added. I think well styled layers look hot.

I have different lengths because i chose to be a big dummy and trim my hair :lachen: The longest layer is past shoulder and aproaching apl. The shortest layer is approaching shoulder length.

I have long layers, I had them cut in. I have about 3 lengths in my hair. I really like my layers, they look great when I straighten my hair but also don't present a problem when I wear my wash n goes

I voted (3)....but I like how they look. It will look even better once it grows out to my liking. Fortunately my hair grows pretty much evenly...here is how it goes for now and then my goals:

Front = under my eyes
sides = touching the end of my neck
back = approaching APL (Dec 07)

This is what I expect in Dec 08

Front = under my chin
sides = Apl
back = BSL

What I expect in Dec 09

Front = collarbone
sides = Bsl
back = wsl (or at least extremely close to it):grin:

And yes,...I'm going to attempt tailbone!!! Wowza:drunk::drunk::drunk::grin::grin::grin::lick::lick::lick:

I cut my hair in layers, I prefer it that way. I'm very thin and pretty tall so I think it suits me better. I plan on keeping my hair in layers as I grow my hair out to my goal length, the shortest layers will probably be no longer than chin length:grin:

I have fine hair so the different lengths are really frustrating for me. Its like my hair doesnt have enough weight to lay flat or curl in layers... I feel like getting a neck length cut sometimes, but then i remember how many times ive done this and how it still grows in at different lengths all over.

but then again, i have newfound knowledge and may get a cut right before christmas.

My hair grows in layers. The front is shoulder length and the back is APL...

I have layers cut in my hair, but my hair does not grow evenly either. I have three lengths: slightly past my eyes in the very front, past shoulder length front to middle, and then past BSL middle to back.

um.... okay. my hair grows in 2 distinct layers because the front grows slower than the back. i don't know how many layers i have cut into my hair... a lot. :lachen: this contributes to my hair's great round shape in its coily state, and its pretty feathery look when straightened. i'm sure i can get it cut to be even, but it might look like i have a triangle-hedge on my head when my hair is coily... :look:

my hair is uneven from its unhealthy days... and i think it grows uneven. some areas seem to grow faster and more consistant than others. it sucks, but when people ask, i just say i have "layers".

Back