POLL: Do You: No Cone, Low Cone, or Yes to Cones??

Do you use silicones aka 'cones' or 'icones?'

• No, I avoid ALL silicones!

Votes: 58 12.8%
  • No and Yes, I avoid SOME silicones!

Votes: 53 11.7%
  • Yes, I love them!

Votes: 123 27.1%
  • Yes, but sparingly!

Votes: 88 19.4%
  • Sometimes, whenever I feel like it!

Votes: 43 9.5%
  • I don't know/care!

Votes: 89 19.6%

• Total voters
I try to avoid cones because they feel great on my wet hair and get crunchy when my hair dries but I have noticed that all the dc's I love - pantene, ors, aussie 3 min, elasta dpr11 (?) - have cones in them. In fact I don't think I have seen a dc without cones.

My hair is very coarse and it loves cones. I'm still trying to cut down on them though and find more natural products that will get the same results

I try to avoid cones. Initially they make my hair soft and shiny but after a couple hours it dries my hair out.

i voted that i avoid all cones but that's wrong; i used them as a heat protectant only when i straighten my hair (which has only been once a year since i've been natural).
i don't think they're terrible (i used to love cantu shea butter leave in conditioner) but i've gotten great results by leaving them out of my routine. i have much more curl definition without using curl defining products. i used to use ic fantasial gel or kinky curly curling custard to get the definition i wanted but after several months of a cone-free routine i just use my leave in conditioner and seal and i have a great definition.

Last edited:
my hair likes cones.
i don't even try and avoid them.
some of the products my hair loves has in cones
i just need to clarify now and again and i'm good

Thanks OP! I always see cones, but never knew what it was. I knew sooner or later someone would use it with abbreviating it. In that case, I love cones (he he LHCF talk), nothing beats that slip when detangling.

Back