Votes: 31 54.4%
  • BSL (bra strap length)

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Another way. (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Michelle*

Last night I realized some of us measure BSB instead of BSL. I had been off the board for a year and a half so I'm wondering if this this a new standard? It makes sense to me so I think that is the way I will measure. Seems better than BSL cuz I never know where that is going to be :blush::lachen: Anyways...I'm looking for consistency in measuring my growth and think this will help.

What do you ladies do?

Last edited:
Below Shoulder Blade = BSB

honestly, at first i thought it was dumb :rolleyes: but it does make more sense. too many people confused on where BSL actually is, and different bras do land in different spots or have different widths, etc. your shoulder blade is staying put, just like all the other body markers. :grin:

it's supposed to be one in the same...

bsb is supposed to = bsl

BUT since for some people apl = bsl, the term bsb was "created" and now the lengths are 2 different growth goals...and that just doesn't make sense to me...if you're bsb you are bsl because technically THAT'S where your bra strap is supposed to sit - BELOW YOUR SHOULDER BLADE.

anyway. i use bsl as my growth goal label and bsb as my measurment...

Last edited:
BSB. Your bra is supposed to be right below your shoulder blades anyway.

Like others have said, BSB doesn't move and there's no confusion about it whereas BSL could literally be anywhere from APL (I've seen it) to WL (seen that too).

i measure BSL but I think I should measure BSB b/c my bra strap doesn't always sit at the same place.

I think BSB is a more accurate measurement because BSL can change on a daily bases lol but BSB will always be the same

I would like to use BSB, but my bra clasp is still about 2" below my shoulder blades. I go by the one that it takes me longer to achieve, which is BSL for me. BSB on me looks short.

Case in point.

Last edited:
it's supposed to be one in the same...

bsb is supposed to = bsl

BUT since for some people apl = bsl, the term bsb was "created" and now the lengths are 2 different growth goals...and that just doesn't make sense to me...if you're bsb you are bsl because technically THAT'S where your bra strap is supposed to sit - BELOW YOUR SHOULDER BLADE.

anyway. i use bsl as my growth goal label and bsb as my measurment...
My BSL is also BSB, so I do the same as the bolded.

Good Question! Wish I knew. I'm not sure if I'm BSB or BSL...Can't wait to see responses .:crossfingers:

I think BSB is a better indicator and should be the one that is used.

The vast majority of women(something like 85-90%) do not wear the correct size bra anyway. I see it all the time on here. Bra is practically up to her neck and she's trying to claim BSL.:perplexed

I'll probably measure both. My final goal is to have my hair touch the bottom of this bra I have which sits down way below the bottom of my shoulder blades. So I'll claim BSB when I get there so I won't get too discouraged while waiting for my hair to hit the bottom of that bra.

I measure BSB because one I may be BSL and the next with a different bra I am not.

Now that all of my hair hits every bra I own, I can say I am BSL.

So BSB and BSL are not equivalent to me but its a good measure to be within an inch or two.

Thanks for the input ladies!

I have determined I am BSB and on the way to BSL...I have another inch to go before all the bottom of my hair hits the top of my brastrap and then four inches to WL. Please don't ask about MBL because I have no clue where that is. I just figured I'd go straight to waist:lachen::lachen::lachen:

But then again I'm sure someone here will point out when I get there:yep:

ETA: MizAvalon you are crackin' me up!!

Last edited:

The vast majority of women(something like 85-90%) do not wear the correct size bra anyway. I see it all the time on here. Bra is practically up to her neck and she's trying to claim BSL.:perplexed

OMG, ROTFL:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I will measure BSB because my sisters require alot of support so I have double bands. Both are very wide and high on my back

I go by BSB, which I am now. That is why all of my pics, I have on the same bra. It gives me a gage of where I am. My MBL would be below BSL, which for me is about 4". :lachen: to bras on necks claiming BSL :lachen:

:dead:

I knew there was a reason I came in here, even though I'm nowhere near either measure.

Question for you ladies

What is considered mid back length hair?

MBL is just that. The middle of your back.

Measure your back, and halfway down is going to be MBL for you. It could end up being the same as BSB/BSL or WL depending on your body. Generally, it seems to fall somewhere between the two.

I wonder why this question gets asked so much.

^^^ lmao, it gets asked b/c people don't know... After reading this thread I still don't know if i'll go by BSB or BSL, my bra sits pretty low. I guess I'll just have to see. I don't wanna claim anything that's not there...

Thanks for the input ladies!

I have determined I am BSB and on the way to BSL...I have another inch to go before all the bottom of my hair hits the top of my brastrap and then four inches to WL. Please don't ask about MBL because I have no clue where that is. I just figured I'd go straight to waist:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT! I'll see some people that I think are clearly MBL and they are like "I only have two inches till MBL..."

Most people in here said BSB (and I voted for that as well, once I get there) but the votes are about 50/50...

MBL is just that. The middle of your back.

Measure your back, and halfway down is going to be MBL for you. It could end up being the same as BSB/BSL or WL depending on your body. Generally, it seems to fall somewhere between the two.

I wonder why this question gets asked so much.

:lachen:

I can see why people are confused. MBL seems like a misnomer of sorts...at least to me anyway. When I read people have mbl and see pix the hair seems like it is close to waist length so part of me thinks it is almost wsl and way past bsl. But the other part of me says if hair is almost wl that is NOT mbl...well not on me (and doesn't seem like it would be on most people)...hence the confusion. Anyway I'm skipping mbl and going from bsl to waist then I won't have to worry about it :rolleyes::lachen:

I would like to use BSB, but my bra clasp is still about 2" below my shoulder blades. I go by the one that it takes me longer to achieve, which is BSL for me. BSB on me looks short.

See i'm confused, because your bra is in a different position in each picture

IMO, Your BSL should be BSB length, and what you consider to be BSB should be MBL regardless of how long it takes to reach it.

I go by BSB.

:lachen:

I can see why people are confused. MBL seems like a misnomer of sorts...at least to me anyway. When I read people have mbl and see pix the hair seems like it is close to waist length so part of me thinks it is almost wsl and way past bsl. But the other part of me says if hair is almost wl that is NOT mbl...well not on me (and doesn't seem like it would be on most people)...hence the confusion. Anyway I'm skipping mbl and going from bsl to waist then I won't have to worry about it :rolleyes::lachen:

Lmao! I'm skipping MBL too, and if anyone asks, i'm on my way to waist!

When I measure my hair I use the same bra that I first started measuring my hair length in because it sits at bsb so for me the terms are interchangeable because thats where my bra sits anyway.

Back