Poll - Best Hair Products for Hair Problems

beawo

Hi Everyone I thought I would do a poll on what hair products people recommend for their hair ailments.

This is the question:
What are your hair problems and which hair product(s) or methods (washing, deep conditioning) do you believe have made a significant difference to these problem(s) (.i.e bald patches, dry hair, oily hair, hair breakage, drandruff)?

Dandruff
Washing hair more frequently more than twice a week and deep conditioning it each time.

Dry hair
Moisturizing my hair with pro-line soft n sheen after washing it and between washes.
Alternating between the two deep conditioning treatments:

*Dark and Lovely dry hair healer and steaming it for 20minutes.

*Beer, Egg yolk, mayonnaise, and olive oil combined and steaming it for 20minutes.

*Hask Placenta - Henna and Placenta - steaming it for 20minutes.

Hair that tangles easily
Washing my hair in the shower and leaving it down to dry rather than tying it up. Additionally not wrapping a towel around my hair when drying it (drip dry) - to allow each strand to dry separately.
Moisturizing my hair with pro-line soft n sheen after washing it and between washes.

Less breakage:
Wearing a satin scarfe around my head every night.

Dandruff
I've never had this problem, so I have nothing to add here.

Dry hair
Installing a shower filter to counter the effects of hard water.
Super moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo, Elucence Shampoo and Conditioner, Mizani Moisturefuse Conditioner, Tropical Aloe Vera Conditioner, Creme of Nature Shampoo, Nature's Gate Original Herbal Conditioner.
In between washes I liked WGO and ORS Carrot Oil on my relaxed hair. I'm growing out my relaxer now and I like spray detanglers like Ion Anti-Frizz Leave-In, Grandma's Will-Gro Scalp Spray and I'lora L'original for Kids Detangler. Also Worlds of Curls Activator Gel and thick hair butters like Carol's Daughter and Kemi Oyl Pomade.

Hair that tangles easily
ACV rinses and adding oil to moisturizing conditioners. I like olive oil, Monoi Oil, kelechi hair oil and Hot 6 Oil.

Less breakage:
Never trying to detangle my hair when it's dry.
Investing in some seamless, extra wide tooth afro combs for detangling. Deep conditioning with a mild protein conditioner once a week. Like Aubrey's GPB, Hairlox Cholesterol, Salerm 21.

Hi beawo,

Dandruff- I don't really have a problem with dandruff, but if I have more flakes than I want to see, I use Head & Shoulders.

Dry Hair- Deep conditioning with ORS Hair Mayonnaise, and my all time favorite, Mizani Moisturfuse.

Hair that tangles-I don't have this problem because like you, I wash and rinse in the shower only. I never wrap my hair with a towel and let it drip dry as well.

Less breakage-Satin scarf and satin pillowcases work great!

Dandruff
Don't suffer from this with the frequent hair washing and oiling (not greasing) of the scalp.

Dry hair
Always a good hair wash followed buy a deep conditioning with ORS hair mayo and a good moisturising with carrot oil and wgo twist it up with a satin scarf always does the trick.

Hair that tangles easily
Whilst my hair is damp applying Africa's Best leave in hair mayp and combing through with a wide tooth comb

Less breakage:
PLENTY of moisture, satin scarves and pillowcases never fails.

Back