Poll: Are you ever going to quit taking vitamins??

Will you ever stop taking vitamin/supplementsfor hair growth?

• Yes, when I get to a certain or desired length

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Yes, when I run out

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Yes, I already quit

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • No, not ever

Votes: 81 51.6%
  • I never took them, but I may start

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I don't know, we'll just have to see

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters

MizaniMami

I was wondering. Are any of you ladies ever going to quit taking vitamins or supplements (for hair growth/softness/moisture)? If so when and why?

Me personally, I can't imagine chugging down these nasty things every night. I just took mines and I almost gagged. I might quit when I get to BSL. What about you ladies?

Last edited:
:nono: I'm a vitamin pill popper for life! I mignt not take as many as I'm taking now but I'll always take some type of vitamin.

I have cut down alot - I hate popping pills!! and I am always annoyed at myself since I constantly forget, especially if I have to take it 2-3 times per day. I feel so relieved now - I take prenatal vitamins once per day and that's it.......

I will always take at least a multivitamin since it's hard getting all of the vitamins and nutrients your body needs thru meals.

I'll only quit my multivitamin when I'm able to eat from all of the food groups every day, which prob. happen like Feb 31st...

I do detox from my hair vits like every 3 months though

caribeandiva said:
i don't know. maybe if i don't see results from my biotin then i'll quit.

I don't know. MSM has been great for me. The taste is yucky. I can't imagine getting use to it. Will see what happens when I stop taking it.

I would like to continue taking them but I hate popping so many pills. So if I can keep at it, I will continue to take them.

I say no, not ever. I might change them up as I get older, but their are so manty supplements out their that we just don't get in our diets (even the really good diets) that are being researched and have shown promise in disease prevention, and some of the disorders and diseases associated with aging as well as some cancers.... so, I'll be supplementing till the end. (hopefully the "end" will be prolonged thanx to the supplementation :p - God willing :angel: )

No, I'm not gonna stop. I've taken vitamins off and on all my life, but now I am very happy that I've been consistent since February :) I avoid the vitamins that require you take 3 in one day.

amara11 said:
I say no, not ever. I might change them up as I get older, but their are so manty supplements out their that we just don't get in our diets (even the really good diets) that are being researched and have shown promise in disease prevention, and some of the disorders and diseases associated with aging as well as some cancers.... so, I'll be supplementing till the end. (hopefully the "end" will be prolonged thanx to the supplementation :p - God willing :angel: )

ITA, I will always be taking some form of supplement according to what my body needs at the time. For me it's a way of life.:)

I know I will sooner than later. I just discovered that my Nourishhair vitamins from GNC are the problem to my recent skin blemishes. I believe it might be the MSM that is contains, and my diet right now isn't helping. I take the proper recommended dosage and I also take horsetail so maybe that could be my problem as well. I hate taking those big Nourishhair vitamins anyway, but I love what horsetail does for my nails. I have never, ever, had bad skin, and so I do not plan to start. At first I was taking biotin and I noticed my skin was acting up, but I got it under control. But with my new vitamins I saw my back was breaking out a little bit, cleared up and now it thinks it will have fun on my face. But ooooh no, I will not trade in my skin for hair. (contemplating the idea....) :eek: :eek:

amara11 said:

ITA. Everytime I talk to someone older than me they always tell me how smart is it to start early. Most seem to believe it will help me age gracefully or prevent disease.

I will continue to take mine as long as I can afford them :lol: Otherwise, I see no reason to stop. They are gigantic and I have to take 4 of them per day (I take 2 twice per day), but I've gotten used to them.

I voted I don't know because I really don't take them specifically for hair purposes I take them for my overall health. So maybe there are some that I will stop taking and some that I will continue to take.

I voted that I wasnt sure...... if I do quit, it will most likely be after I have reached my absolute ULTIMATE goal, of waist length. Either that, or until I get bored of doing all this to grow out my hair. That may come sometime after mid-back length. I imagine that if I quit taking the vitamins, I will quit all the other extraneous stuff too, like scalp massages, topical growth agents, and so on. My regimen would pretty much be limited to weekly washes and deep conditioners.

I started taking a multi 3 yrs ago for health. I added fish oil and flaxseed oil because they lowered my cholesterol 27 points:eek: I take MSM, biotin and b5. All of these have health benefits beyond hair so I'm in this for life:)

goldensensation said:
I take my vitamins for overall health so I will definitely be taking them for the rest of my life.

Ditto. I would at least do one vitamin, a Women's One-A-Day multivitamin despite all the other vitamins.

In the beginning I took my vit. on a regular, now I can barely remember to take them. Now I have been atleast remembering to take them about every other day. But I hope to be back on a regular everyday schedule soon. I think they are very beneficial for my overall health, but I have noticed the change in my hair w/o them.

Last edited:
nah i will continue always, they have worked so well with me that i dont see a reason not to..they're pretty small too. if anything i will try more vitamins in the future for any other ailments!

i've recently found out my dad doesnt have a water filter at his house which i've been using...THANKFULLY only twice, but is wife told me today its RIIIIIIIIIDEN with calcium. my breakage hasn't shocked me, but it IS slightly more than my usual amount..soooo back to mommys i go JUST 4 THE SAKE OF HAIR :eek:...and i guess i am missing her a little..lol

but anyway, what i'm tryin 2 say is, if i stopped taking my vits, and i get an outside problem such as water, i will stress OUT! but i know i have those vits that make my hair rock strong and growing, that if i didn lose any length i knowthat next month it would be back and more!

I don't think I ever will because I take them for my overall health. Longer, healthier hair is a wonderful side effect from taking the vitamins and supplements. :)

MizaniMami said:
I was wondering. Are any of you ladies ever going to quit taking vitamins or supplements (for hair growth/softness/moisture)? If so when and why?

Me personally, I can't imagine chugging down these nasty things every night. I just took mines and I almost gagged. I might quit when I get to BSL. What about you ladies?

Yep i voted for the first choice i quit when i reach waistlength after that i may still take the multi and the foti and dish the rest;) :D :) i dont like gagging on pills either. Thank God i m not taking any horse pills either i hated GNC Nourishair just for that lol just one more year to go and no more biotins and no more pills hihi:grin:

Back