Please list your unabbreviated deep conditioners!

Mdmommy99

I have been looking at the definition of deep conditioning thread and see that most people agree that a "real" deep conditioner is one that instructs you to leave it on your hair for 7 plus minutes. I haven't been able to find one in real life that says that in the directions and was hoping to get some suggestions from that thread.

The problem is that even when I do a search, every DC that comes up is abbreviated in the thread and since I still consider myself somewhat of a newbie I don't have all the product abbreviations down yet. So if you have real deep conditioner that you use, please help a newbie out and list the real name so that I can feed by inner product junkie and go out and buy it!:grin:

Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner
Pantene Relaxed and Natural deep conditioner
Wen fig cleansing conditioner

The only one I have that says that is Alter Ego Hot Oil Garlic Treatment - "Leave on for 10-15 minutes."

I don't necessarily suggest it because it's expensive and you would probably have to order it online.

I like Aveda Dry Remedy and Damage Remedy conditioners, KeraCare Humecto, and Silicon Mix.

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner. It says leave on for 10 to 15 minutes with heat or 45 minutes without heat. It makes my hair feel so soft AND strong because it's a moisturizing deep conditioner plus a protein deep conditioner. And it's cheap! You can buy it at sallys.:yep:

Thanks for posting this
I did't know about the 7 min thing

I have been using Silk Element Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner

I just read the direction it says leave in for 3-5 mins
I guess it's not a true DC. Oh well at least it's about time for me to get more
I guess I am in the market for a new DC

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner. It says leave on for 10 to 15 minutes with heat or 45 minutes without heat. It makes my hair feel so soft AND strong because it's a moisturizing deep conditioner plus a protein deep conditioner. And it's cheap! You can buy it at sallys.:yep:

I co-sign on this. I use Organic Root Stimulator also. I discovered this by looking at the ingredients in it while looking at it in the Beauty Supply Store. It had the best listed ingredients of them all. This was before I discovered this forum. Then when I came to this forum, this confirmed a made a good choice.

Shescentit Avocado conditioner - says 1-15 mins. I leave on for a few hours and I feel it DCs. She also has a Banana Brulee condish she specifically calls a DC and a lot of ladies here love, but I have not tried it.

Darcy's Botanicals DC- says 20 mins, I leave on for hours as well.

I love Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment.

The Aurbey Organics conditioners are good as well (not sure if they qualify.)
Aubrey's definately counts!!:yep: This is one of my favs ( as well as alot of ladies here)the instructions say to apply to dry hair for deep conditioning for 10-15 mins! Its one of the best DC's IMHO

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose

It smells like an old lady but it does such wonders for my hair that I don't really care.

It is my staple as a DC

I use 4 to 5 conditioners mixed together for my dc. All of them say to leave on for like 5 minutes but for deeper conditioning leave on longer. I DC with them for like an hour with my heating cap.

• Back to Basics Honey Hydrating Conditioner -I love this stuff. It is very moisturizing and leave my hair so soft. It has been discontinued but can be found on eBay.
  • JASON Sea Kelp Conditioner- very moisturizing
  • JASON Naturals Henna High Lights Conditioner- very moisturizing
  • Fibergurad Sustenance (has ceramides and leaves the hair oh so soft and moist)
  • Ion Repair Solutions Recontructor- protein leaves my hair strong, but never hard.

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Design Essentials Stimulations Deep Moisturing Conditioner
shescentit.com Fortifying Hair Mask (I Highly, Highly reccomend this one!)
Joico K-pac Intense Hydrator
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm

Last edited:
ion Effective Care Treatment Protein Fortifier and Moisturizer
Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Aussie Moist conditioner

All available in the BSS

Motions Moisture Plus - 10-15 minutes

Creme of Nature Jojoba and ? Deep Penetrating Conditioner - 10-15 minutes

Organic Root Stimulator - 10-15 minutes

Elasta QP DPR - 10-15 minutes

These are all cheap deep conditioners that really deep condition well. I don't use anything for a deep conditioner that doesn't specifically state to leave on for at least 7 minutes.

All the others I use as regular conditioners.

Thanks for posting this
I did't know about the 7 min thing

I have been using Silk Element Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner

I just read the direction it says leave in for 3-5 mins
I guess it's not a true DC. Oh well at least it's about time for me to get more
I guess I am in the market for a new DC

I have been using Silk Element too and like the way it makes my hair feel but when I saw the 7 mins thing it made me think that I should be using something else.

All available in the BSS

Motions Moisture Plus - 10-15 minutes

Creme of Nature Jojoba and ? Deep Penetrating Conditioner - 10-15 minutes

Organic Root Stimulator - 10-15 minutes

Elasta QP DPR - 10-15 minutes

These are all cheap deep conditioners that really deep condition well. I don't use anything for a deep conditioner that doesn't specifically state to leave on for at least 7 minutes.

All the others I use as regular conditioners.

I guess this the bolded is the ORS that I keep seeing-Ha! I never put two and two together but I used to use it a while ago and then forgot about it.

I usually DC at least once a week using one or more of the following:

L'Occitane Repairing Shine Mask

Silicon Mix

Wheat Germ Conditioning Cream

ABBA Pure Moisture Conditioner

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner

Banana Brulee

Motions Moisture Plus (need to re-up on this)
Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle DEEEP (the one w/Tea Tree Oil)
Joice Moisture Recovery Cond.
Nexxus Humectress (I have old version before it was sold outside salon)
Africa's Best Hair Mayo (cheapie of ORS Hair Mayo)
Mane 'N Tail Deep Moisturizing Cond.
Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol

Those are the main ones, though any of the myriad of conditioners I have can be used as a "deep conditioner" if you leave it on long enough. I can't wait to get me some more Motions Moisture Plus and try ORS Replenishing Condish, as I've heard rave reviews about the latter.

Motions Moisture Plus (need to re-up on this)
Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle DEEEP (the one w/Tea Tree Oil)
Joice Moisture Recovery Cond.
Nexxus Humectress (I have old version before it was sold outside salon)
Africa's Best Hair Mayo (cheapie of ORS Hair Mayo)
Mane 'N Tail Deep Moisturizing Cond.
Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol

Those are the main ones, though any of the myriad of conditioners I have can be used as a "deep conditioner" if you leave it on long enough. I can't wait to get me some more Motions Moisture Plus and try ORS Replenishing Condish, as I've heard rave reviews about the latter.
Yes. Im so glad you reminded me of the bolded. I have to dig this out of the closet today. This stuff is great, and cheap too.

Aubrey's definately counts!!:yep: This is one of my favs ( as well as alot of ladies here)the instructions say to apply to dry hair for deep conditioning for 10-15 mins! Its one of the best DC's IMHO

I love Aubrey Organics. I normally use it as a prepoo DT mixed with yogurt, honey and an oil. I have three brands (island naturals, carmeilla sp? and another one). Not sure that I feel a difference between either one.

BTW MdMommy99 - excellent thread. :grin:

Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner
Pantene Relaxed and Natural deep conditioner
Wen fig cleansing conditioner

I have the Giovanni as smooth as silk on my hair now as I type this response. This is my first time trying it. I got the 33.5 oz bottle (huge) at Marshall's for 12.99 months ago. I will see if I like it. I was not a fan of the 50/50 one so much.

My all time favorite are the Kanechomn Karite Butter and Hairveda SitriNillah :lick:

ORS Replenishing Packs/ Conditioner.
Motions Silk Protein.
Motions CPR Treatment
Mizani Moisturefuse
Mizani Fulfyl
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm
Matrix Biolage Cera Repair (Hydratherapie & Fortetherapie)

Abbreviated....Well....Let's See:look:

1) Alter Ego Garlic DC
2) She Scent It Banana Brulee and/or Fortifying Mask
3) Keratase Oleo Relax
4) German De' Trigo *Dominican Wheat Germ DC*
5) AO GPB
6) Lammur Bone Marrow
7) Jessicurl WDT
8) Alterna Hemp Hydrate
9) It's A Ten
10) LOccitane

i dont believe that the instructions have to say leave it on for a certain amount of time.
i think with natural conditioners you can leave it on as long as you want and the ingredients will penetrait because they will have oils like coconut, evoo, avocado, as well as butters.

my fave conditioners that i use for deep conditioning are:
oyin honey hemp
karens body beautiful ll hair mask
afroveda ashlii amala
giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture
giovanni xtreme protein
giovanni reconstructor
aveda damage remedy treatment

• Skala Ceramides G3 Conditioning Treatment Masque
  • La Plancha Deep Heat Reconstructor Hair Treatment
  • Baba de Caracol Intensive Treatment

Back