PLEASE KEEP SISTER SHIMMIE IN YOUR PRAYERS....

Dear Shimmie, my prayer is that God comforts and keep you and your family during this difficult time. I pray that you are continuously strengthened and supported throughout. You have been such a blessing to the CF. God bless you and looking forward to an update on how you are doing. :iloveyou::bighug:

Dearest Shimmie. :bighug: your loss is our loss. My heart & thouhts are with you. Anything you need within my power let me know. I know that even in this situation, you will have a beautiful testimony & draw others closer to the Lord.

Thanks for letting us know Nice & Wavy.

I will be praying for you Sister Shimmie... I too have lost my mother and I know that there arent many words that can help. I am certain you are finding your strength in The Lord and His Word as you do always...

My heart and prayers are with you and your loved ones Shimmie. We know that those that are in Christ are not dead but present with the Lord. You will always remain a strong fortress to all of us even at this present hour. Now its time for the angels to comfort you and bring you peace as you have given so much of us. God bless you sweetpea!

Shimmie, I pray that you and your family will continue to feel God's peace and love even through this tough time. We all love you and appreciate your words of faith and encouragement! If any of us is strong enough to make it through such a trial, it is you!

Despite everything you're facing you still find a way to love and support so many hurting people on this board. You are a bonafide blessing, may the Lord meet you during this trying time and be your peace and comfort. Amen. We all love you for who you are and what you've been to the spirit here.

:giveheart:

May the God of comfort wrap his arms tightly around you.

2 Cor 1:3-7
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all consolation, who consoles us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to console those who are in any affliction with the consolation with which we ourselves are consoled by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are abundant for us, so also our consolation is abundant through Christ. If we are being afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation; if we are being consoled, it is for your consolation, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we are also suffering. Our hope for you is unshaken; for we know that as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our consolation

bereavement.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know Nice and Wavy

Shimmie, we just want to let you know that we love you and we are keeping you and your family covered in prayer. You have always been such an inspiration to us on the board keeping your posts bathed in love, but firm in God's Word. So I just encourage you to keep standing firm on the Word that is already in you and continue to allow the Holy Spirit to comfort you and continue to build you. We all Love you!!!!

John 14:16-18 (KJV)

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

holy_spirit.jpg

With truth and God's Spirit, we have nothing to fear.

Very sorry to hear this... I too pray that the peace of God that passes all understanding be with you and your family Shimmie in your time of sorrow.

For one that always has such an encouraging word for others, I pray that you find encouragement in your time of bereavement.

God Bless you.

N&W,
Thanks for letting us know about Shimmie's mom:rose:.

For you Shimmie(when you return to the forum), know that we are all praying for you and your family.
I will share a few of my favorite passages that help me stay focused when I am dealing with the loss of a loved one.
:blowkiss: :bighug: :rosebud:
Rom 12:15- Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

John 3:16- For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

IThes 4:13, 14- But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

Isa 43:2- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shalll the flame scorch you.

Heb 4:15,16- For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need.

Isa 41:10- Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphoold you with My righteous right hand.

II Cor 5:8- We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Psa 37:18- The LORD knows the days of the upright, And their inheritance shall be forever.

I Cor 15:54,55- So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O Death where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?

Rev 21:4- And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes: there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

Rev 22:13- I am the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Last edited:
Precious Loves ---- and this I embrace upon each and everyone of you... :love2:

"Thank You" --- with all of my heart, thank you. :kiss:

Everything is a 'blurr' right now. The Reality is beginning to settle in and I have to realize that this is not dream, it's real. Even though I knew this coming, I have to let her go. I'm not ready to do this. Not ready. Not today. :nono: Not today. Maybe tomorrow, but not today.

When we left her in the hospital room, she was in a soft and peaceful sleep, so gentle, so warm. Even though at that time she had passed away, this is how I 'feel' her right now, just lying in the bed, soft and peaceful, sleep. She had no pain or trauma; the doctors were so gentle with her and with us. So just for today, she's asleep. I can't step into the Reality threshhold yet. Not today.

I'm having 'moments' when I'm 'up' and then 'down'.

But I'm not out, for I was able to select a beautiful Gown for my mom... it's a 40's style, with elegance and grace. It drapes all the way to her feet with a satin border. And of course it looks like a Dancing Gown, Ginger Rogers style. I going to get a pair of satin slippers to match.

For a certainity, God has blessed me with a beautiful reality from each and everyone of 'you' who are real to me and I love you, each of you, 'all'.

Ladies, you're each a class act, each one of you, individually and collectively, a class act each of you are. Your love and prayers mean more than you will ever know. :kiss: :Rose: :kiss:

Precious Loves ---- and this I embrace upon each and everyone of you... :love2:

"Thank You" --- with all of my heart, thank you. :kiss:

Everything is a 'blurr' right now. The Reality is beginning to settle in and I have to realize that this is not dream, it's real. Even though I knew this coming, I have to let her go. I'm not ready to do this. Not ready. Not today. :nono: Not today. Maybe tomorrow, but not today.

When we left her in the hospital room, she was in a soft and peaceful sleep, so gentle, so warm. Even though at that time she had passed away, this is how I 'feel' her right now, just lying in the bed, soft and peaceful, sleep. She had no pain or trauma; the doctors were so gentle with her and with us. So just for today, she's asleep. I can't step into the Reality threshhold yet. Not today.

I'm having 'moments' when I'm 'up' and then 'down'.

But I'm not out, for I was able to select a beautiful Gown for my mom... it's a 40's style, with elegance and grace. It drapes all the way to her feet with a satin border. And of course it looks like a Dancing Gown, Ginger Rogers style. I going to get a pair of satin slippers to match.

For a certainity, God has blessed me with a beautiful reality from each and everyone of 'you' who are real to me and I love you, each of you, 'all'.

Ladies, you're each a class act, each one of you, individually and collectively, a class act each of you are. Your love and prayers mean more than you will ever know. :kiss: :Rose: :kiss:
Oh, Shimmie.....:bighug: :cry: :cry:

Oh, Shimmie.....:bighug: :cry: :cry:

N&W, I too agree.:bighug: :cry:Thanks for posting this thread.
Shimmie, I also know what it's like to lose a mother. I know that you know that Jesus is with you. As you go through the next few days, weeks, and months sense His presence all around you. Feel your hand in His hand. Feel His arms around you in a warm hug holding you up with strength, peace and comfort. Your sisters here at CF love you dearly and are so lifting you up to Him. He hears.:heart2:

My prayers are with you and your family. Have solace knowing she is resting beside the lord.

OMG I pray for you and your family.

May Jesus surround you with consolation and peace beyond your understand.

Don't hesitate to write me if you need someone to talk to. I seriously mean this. Bless you.

My deepest condolences..and my most sincere prayers for you and your family. May the encouragement and strength you've provided to others come back to you now 100 fold.

Back