Pissed as H*ll at lady at Mirror Image in NY

imani97

After weeks of neglecting myself b/c of final projects and papers in school, I decided to go and get my hair done. I've been to Mirror Image a few times and for the most part have been happy. Not today! My hair is a frizzy, hard mess! I should have known something was up when chick used too much leave-in. Then she kept putting setting lotion in my hair. My hair is so yucky feeling. I am so mad that I wasted $25. I'm going to be going to see my bf tomorrow and cannot look a h.a.m. I started to go back to ask her to fix it, but decided that I'd spent too much time as it is. Next time, I will not go to her. I will let anyone else do it, not her! Now I have to use the flat iron to try to smooth my hair so that it looks decent. I really want to cry.

ETA: This really has not been a good two days. Yesterday, the girl who was doing my pedicure at the EyeBrow Threading Salon quit in the middle of doing my pedicure!

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I think it's always best to speak up since it's your hair and you're paying for a service.

Is this the lady that you always see when you go to that salon?

No, the lady who normally does my hair wasn't there. When the "stylist" was putting in the setting lotion, I just thought that it was mostly water. Now I know that I need to take my own spray bottle with just water in it. I also didn't realize how bad it was until I got outside. If I go back, I will talk to the owner about what my expectations are so that she can tell whoever ends up doing my hair. I hate lots of products in my hair. It wasn't flowing and swinging at all like it normally does after I get my hair done. :(

imani97 said:
After weeks of neglecting myself b/c of final projects and papers in school, I decided to go and get my hair done. I've been to Mirror Image a few times and for the most part have been happy. Not today! My hair is a frizzy, hard mess! I should have known something was up when chick used too much leave-in. Then she kept putting setting lotion in my hair. My hair is so yucky feeling. I am so mad that I wasted $25. I'm going to be going to see my bf tomorrow and cannot look a h.a.m. I started to go back to ask her to fix it, but decided that I'd spent too much time as it is. Next time, I will not go to her. I will let anyone else do it, not her! Now I have to use the flat iron to try to smooth my hair so that it looks decent. I really want to cry.

ETA: This really has not been a good two days. Yesterday, the girl who was doing my pedicure at the EyeBrow Threading Salon quit in the middle of doing my pedicure!

I'm sorry but that's funny :lachen: She didn't even finish your feet :lachen: She musta been fed UP!

sprungonhairboards said:
I'm sorry but that's funny :lachen: She didn't even finish your feet :lachen: She musta been fed UP!
Yeah, not with my feet though. :lol: Her boss was chastising her in front of the entire shop and told her that she was nothing! :eek: I really wouldn't be surprised if the shop ends up closing b/c it seems like he has no respect for women and is not a good manager.

Back