PINKSKATES WHERE ARE YOU?

enscott14

Okay as I'm lurking LHCF I ran into a thread that had a posting by Pinkskates and OMG her her is DEE-LISH :lick:! Since I've become a member a few years ago it has grown SO MUCH!

My question is.......PINKSKATES WHERE ARE YOU?? I too am a natural 4a would LOVE to see your product, hair style, and progress pics and info however they are all secured.

I was trying to PM her to get her passwords however for some reason that option doesn't exist on her public profile. Can anyone get in touch with Pinkskates? The pics I've seen so far are such a tease!

I need to see more!! :yep:

I think she has her own forum now and you can only access her album if you are a member. I'm sure she will be in to answer your question though. She has awesome hair! She make me want to be natural.

Yeah, she is definitely an inspiration - but I do think she's probably more active with her other forum. I can't remember the name of it though.

I loved stalking her fotki :sekret: Thank goodness I took notes!! Her straightening technique is awesome. I've been able to mix and match some of hers with some others. But she is such an kool hair guru :yep:

Isn't her hair so pretty? But I think she does spend a lot of time over on her site, and only paid members get her fotki password. I'm glad I got to see it before it was locked.

Thats what I was trying to say, but in a much subtle way without the :rolleyes:.

:lol:

Auburn and Vain Jain you ladies are a trip! :lachen:Darn I knew I should have been taking notes too when she was frequenting LHCF. :wallbash:

If I can remember, I think she uses straightening combs. Think, think, think! :nuts::fistshake:

Auburn and Vain Jain you ladies are a trip! :lachen:Darn I knew I should have been taking notes too when she was frequenting LHCF. :wallbash:

If I can remember, I think she uses straightening combs. Think, think, think! :nuts::fistshake:

Yes, she does or did.....she just recently did a BKT to her hair.

Hope this makes sense, I copied some responses so, they are kinda jumbled. HTH

Pink Skates:

My hair regimen
My regimen: I wash, condition, and deep condition with Aveda Damage Remedy when I put heat in my hair. When I wash and don't use heat, I use the Brillant or the Smooth Infusion line. My Aveda consultant suggested this, because I have no chemicals in my hair, and my strands are strong. He said my hair did not require weekly conditioning with the strong DR treatments, since I'm not using heat . I apply Aveda's Universal Styling Creme for moisture and I seal with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I have my sister trim my hair as needed. My last trim was January '07. I take Centrum one a day vitamin for my overall health and I drink lots of water. It really makes a difference in the dryness level of my hair. My philosphy is to keep my scalp clean and clog-free (I use no topical growing products on my scalp) therefore my natural oils are free to come through the hair follicle and moisturize my scalp and hair strands.(Typically our natural oils only moisturize the first 4-5 inches of typical AA hair; so it is very important for us to moisturize the rest of the length of our hair strands.) Hair is to be nourished from the inside out, so when the hair pops out onto the scalp it is strong and healthy.So I do my best to eat a balanced diet and exercise on a consistent basis. Exercising gets oxygen and blood flowing to the hair follicles.Once hair is out of the scalp then its time to use the best products for my hair to maximize the strength, feel, and moisture level of my hair strands. I rarely brush my hair, and when I do I use the brush with the wide-spaced rubber tips. My goal is to have mid-back length, healthy hair by (december 2007). Actually when ever God blesses me with mid-back length hair.

Shampoo, conditioned and deep-conditioned hair
I wash/condition/deep-condition with Aveda damage remedy when I'm going to press. When I'm not going to use heat, I wash/cond. with the Brillant. I'm going to add the Aveda Smooth Infusion to my aveda family soon. I've heard good things about it.

Detangling..This is where I really baby my hair.
This is where I really take my time and detangle my hair and slowly detangle from the bottom up. I first detangle with my hands, then I detangle with my wide-tooth comb, then I use a smaller tooth comb on the ends to get out those tiny knots. That is key in stopping the hair ends from breaking off

How I blow dry.
I blow dry section by section holding hair in downward position; I use tension to help loosen my kinks. I do not use a comb attachment; that's too much manipulation.

Tension Only Blow Dry Method + picture:
My friend is a hair dresser on a soap opera, and he taught me that this is best way to blow dry my type of hair with the least damaging effect. After I detangle, I stretch my hair out and as I blow dry I move the dryer up&down my hair as if I'm combing it. This way my hair will dry in a downward direction instead of outward. (I start at the roots and go all the way down to the ends) This creates smooth stretched out hair hanging in the direction I need it to for when I press it out. As I'm finishing up drying each section, I put my dryer on cool, so my hair cuticle will lay down smoothly and close up completely. This drying method lifts the roots up which creates more body in the hair.
As you dry be sure to keep a taut grip on the hair, so you get maximum stretch of the hair. From my experience this the least damaging way to blow dry and stretch the hair out

.I recommend a concentrator because it controls the flow of heat and that way you only dry one section of hair at a time. You want to always be in control of how much heat hits your hair and you want to control where the heat hits. And that's what the concentrator does. But the method works fine without one. And forget about the naysayers...do what works for you, your hair and your lifestyle!

I move the blow dryer as If its a comb slow but steady.
Maybe you have just not found the combo of products that will work for your hair. It took me almost 2 years to find just the right combo of products to get a silky, bouncy frizz-free press.
Once you figure out the following your hair will come out flawless after every straightening:
1. The right combination of styling products for your hair texture.
2. Just the right amount of each product applied. For my hair, less is best. I use Aveda and CHI products; and their products are highly concentrated, so I have learned to be very light handed when applying.
3. Technique, technique, technique... For example, there is a certain little way I flip my wrist and let the back of the hot comb glide thru my hair. That is my little trick to getting my hair to straighten like butter. If I don't do that little flick of the wrist, then my hair will not straighten as quickly and silky. When I do my little wrist flip, I only have to do 2 passes with the hot comb on each section of hair. If I don't do my wrist flip, then it takes 5 passes of the hot comb to get my hair silky straight. So, you gotta figure out what little tricks your hair responds to and make a mental note of it.
HTH

Hi samanthaJ. The Hot Sock is a Diffuser. It helps control the flow of the heat...which prevents heat damage and keeps you from frying your hair. It does the same thing as a plastic one, but the plastic ones tend to be heavy and bulky. And I also notice, ever since I've been using this diffuser my blow dried hair has a lot of body in its kinky straight state; and I have less and less split ends.

I'm sorry it didn't workout for you. Was this your first time?
You have to make sure:
1. your hair is 150% detangled
2. Hold your hair at the very ends
3. Move the blow dryer as if its a comb form root to tip
4. Use some type of diffuser
5. Did you put any product on your hair before drying?
6. Dry hair in small sections
7. MAKE SURE YOUR HAIR IS 150% DETANGLED

I always skate with my hair in a ponytail.
Thanks to aveda's antihumectant pomade my edges do not revert after a hard night of skating!

Thanks for the heads up KMH members!
I'm still here OP, as others have stated I have my own site now so I spend most of my online time there. But I still drop in and chat with the ladies in the MJ forum.

I was FOTM February 2009 there you can find my hair regimen.

Hey Kcurly, your hair is very pretty too!

Seriously, is PinkSkates still around? I was a member of her site last year but didn't keep it up. I tried to renew recently and it looks like the site is no longer up. I also tried to PM her but got that generic message about the person either choosing not to accept PMs or not being able to receive PMs.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Seriously, is PinkSkates still around? I was a member of her site last year but didn't keep it up. I tried to renew recently and it looks like the site is no longer up. I also tried to PM her but got that generic message about the person either choosing not to accept PMs or not being able to receive PMs.

Does anyone know what's going on?

From what I have seen she has been back on YT as of March of this year.
On her channel profile she said she sold both sites. So thats that, for that, I guess. There are a couple of videos up, check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PinkSkatesPinkNation

Last edited:
Back