Pictures of my first Twistout attempt!

MissJ

I washed my hair today with V05 lime clarifying shampoo. Then I conditioned for about 30 minutes. Then I rinsed and applied Elasta QP Mango Butter. I let it dry some, and then I put 4 twists in my hair and rolled the ends. I let that stay for about 8 hours and finally took it down. When I did, it looked terrible. I thought that I had failed my first attempt at a twistout.
laugh.gif
Then I started to finger comb, and it started looking better. Anyway, here are the results.

twistout1.jpg

twistout2.jpg

twistout3.jpg

twistout4.jpg

Not bad for your first try! When I was relaxed I noticed that I got better results after my hair was almost dry with leave in and a small amount of grease. My hair doesnt hold twists that well so I had to braid mines.

I think it looks nice. Gave me some styling options. I think I would have put a silk scarf on the front to lay my sides down though. Are you natural?

Your hair looks really pretty. How did you keep it from frizzing up? I think you did a great job for your first try.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

I luv doing twist with mango butter....I tried it with my hair straight last week..I got rained on, so I decided to work with the "frizziness" and applied the mango butter to my 8 twists. It came out bangin! This lady asked me what kind of weave I had in my hair at the beauty store! She goes "I want her weave", noone believed me in the store that it was my hair. I am going to have to try them wet....your's came out really pretty!

It looks good for your first try! You'll get better each time you do it. Don't get discouraged.

Looks really good MissJ! I love the waviness - your hair looks beautiful! I've never tried twists before and I may do that, just to see what happens.

Your hair looks great too Honey Jammz82! Did you roll up your twists also, like MissJ did? Did you still have your length with the twists?

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Your hair looks great too Honey Jammz82! Did you roll up your twists also, like MissJ did? Did you still have your length with the twists?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I still had the length because my hair was pretty much straight to begin with...really poofy though after the rain. I only left the twists in for like an hour while I was getting ready. It looked like I had deep waves. I did not curl the ends, but I think I will try to next time.
smile.gif

Thanks for the compliments and the tips. I think the mango butter is what cuts down on the frizz.
smile.gif
No, I'm not natural. My hair nappy around the edges, because I'm 4 weeks post relaxer. I have to touch up every 6 weeks, or I can't manage it.

You did a really good job! If you twist a little tighter at the top your waves will be deeper and probably hold longer. Your hair is really gorgeous
smile.gif

Your twistout looks nice, MissJ!!
up.gif

I love twistouts!! For some reason, my braidouts come out looking awful -- frizzy and too kinky. Twistouts are perfect!!
up.gif

Back